What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jon Embree Press Conf.

Agree. While they said nothing in the two year disaster under Embree, you can be damn sure they are going to be venomous when it comes to the next coach

I think they have one goal right now. If Embree went down they are taking Bohn with him.

Not sure how i feel about this. That press conference was a blood bath and is increasingly being made into an US against THEM mentality in the program and University. To put it lightly, it's a TOXIC situation, one that I can't imagine is very attractive to any professional coach. All of the dirty laundry got aired, and the reporters were FROTHING at the mouth. The situation is polarizing as ****. Fans want wins. The AD/Admin talk a good game. The old guard of mac guys and Buff4Life group want control over the decisions. Good god almighty. The next coach is going to say, can I just coach footall without all the negative energy and pressure around the job?

CU is going to have to bring a full on man, with many years of experience and program building to right this ship. It's the only thing that will get this plane out of the death spiral it's in.

The only real positive is that Bohn/DiStephano put words in writing declaring what needs to take place within the university to achieve success. They will either drive hard for it, or resign to the fact that they have no power, possibly necessitating them stepping down.

I never imagined it would get this out of hand.

No kidding. I want an experienced defensive minded HC with a track record and a backbone. John Fox was a perfect fit for the Broncos. We need the same sort of hire.

They will rail on every play call, every game time decision, every loss, everything at all costs. They will never give the next guy a fair shake. They were out of their minds over D2, but never said a word about Em3. Complete cowards.
eh - a few wins and they will all be trying to take the credit

Yawn. Let it blow over. There is nothing to see here. The media got their little whine fest. In the end, nobody cares. The firing was entirely justified based on performance, even the black coaches association rep had this to say...

Sadly, you're probably right. The Denver media will go back to their Broncos splooge-fest tomorrow (not that I don't like the Broncos, but...), the national media will stop caring and will talk about CCGs and bowls and the BC$ title game, and we'll be left to work on the search pretty much alone. We're so irrelevant that this will be over tomorrow.

How did Bohn suddenly get so many supporters on Allbuffs? He seemed universally disliked just days ago.

:lol:

I was really working at a feverish pace because my wife is due any day with number 3.....

Then the sh!t hits the fan.

I cant work anymore.

How did Bohn suddenly get so many supporters on Allbuffs? He seemed universally disliked just days ago.

ive always liked him... but id have to say many felt like he had no balls to do what was necessary... i think with this decision those who felt he didnt have it... well he found it

This was fantasic coverage though. I want to watch the Klatt - Bohn interaction.... are they replaying this on the Pac-12 network?

Sadly, you're probably right. The Denver media will go back to their PEYTON splooge-fest tomorrow (not that I don't like the Broncos, but...), the national media will stop caring and will talk about CCGs and bowls and the BC$ title game, and we'll be left to work on the search pretty much alone. We're so irrelevant that this will be over tomorrow.
yep

Not at all. This is not a Bohn love affair, Oz. This is him making a move to show some leadership and getting us into "let's see how he does his job and then we'll judge" mode. Previously, we'd been in "the new CU president better clean house and fire Bohn, especially if he's such a coward that he sticks with Embree despite their relationship and the historically bad results".

ive always liked him... but id have to say many felt like he had no balls to do what was necessary... i think with this decision those who felt he didnt have it... well he found it

I thought his authority was being coopted and that he was being micro managed or limited by some unfair set of rules. Sort of a puppet.

Its hard to ignore what hes done with basketball. And now with football in that he clearly picked up out JE & Co's deficiency in coaching and either decided or convinced PD and BB to make a change. Thats a clear step in the right direction.

To recap, the national media treats the CU football program as a butt joke for 8 weeks and then turns around and blasts Bohn when he fires the guy who is responsible for it. Got it.

Hypocrite ****s.

I really fail to see why is was such a "debacle" both sides said their peace. Embree blamed everyone and everything but himself, threw out the race card and cried like a baby. Bohn told us what needs to happen moving forward. Bohn gets my respect and Embree can keep it moving, he didn;t do himself any favors in terms of getting another gig.

He spent two years sulking on the sidelines and Buff or not I am disgusted by his coaching, his sideline antics and his comments today. You love this University so much, well act like it! And the fact that it is still raw is no excuse, you are an adult, you worked in the NFL and College. This stuff happnes. Win games or at the very least don't get embarassed week in and week out and you wouldn't be in a position to be balling and crying like a child on national TV. Go away.

There's a donor on 1043 right now explaining how much the donor's wanted this fire to happen. $10,000 minimum to donate? Didn't know that. Mentioned that Larry Scott has a big role. Makes total sense!

Sadly, I am getting the impression that Klatt and friends do not want to see the next coach succeed. They'll give less support and put up more obstacles than they did for Hawkins. Bohn better make a hire that's about impossible to question.

Yep, and this fact has me thinking more and more about the possibility of going after Tressell. I wonder what it would take for CU to feel comfortable with the "show cause" issue to take the risk?

Proven winner, instant clout on the recruiting trail, national attention, and it would be hard for the local media to argue we're worse off with a guy like Tressel than if we had kept Embree another year.

Probably a long shot, but I'm starting to think that's the type of move we need to make.

Bohn and company should not escape criticism for hiring him in the 1st place and signing off on EB and Bwon as coordinators. That being said, Embree showed he couldnt do the Xs and Os so had to go. 1st step. Now we need a big time hire and facilities announced, and more football support $$$. Without all these the football ceiling is capped. And even then there are no guarantees. However, what Bohn said about hoops is true, get the right coach and facilities/commitment it can be done, but football is more $$$ and harder to turn.

Donor speculates that we already have a big name coach or two ready to go and will be announcing financial commitments ASAP. Love hearing that.

There's a donor on 1043 right now explaining how much the donor's wanted this fire to happen. $10,000 minimum to donate? Didn't know that. Mentioned that Larry Scott has a big role. Makes total sense!

Wow! You know things are bad when the Conference Commissioner offers donations to get rid of a coach.

Whoa, what? Expound

Back