What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jordan Webb named as starter - Confirmed

gotcha, yeah that was a pretty big change, but surprised his completion % dropped so much.

If TD to INT ratios are important then: Hawkins had a 2.8:1::TD:INT ratio in 2010. Just throwing that out there.

I just didn't realize that Embree passed over at least two better guys to choose Webb. It must be the contrarian in him... he selected his best QB last year and only won 3 games, if he chooses his worst QB, we change the fortunes. That is obviously the logic.

Thanks to all those with nothing better to do than complain for making it oh so clear.

I support Webb and Embree's decision until play on the field proves my support unwarranted. Go Buffs!!!

Last edited:
Am I the only one that didn't think Tyler was all that great last year? Obviously he wasn't bad, and it mostly wasn't his fault, but our offense was putrid countless times last year. Something has to change on that front. We had 8 games last year where we didn't eclipse the 20 point mark and 3 games where we didn't break the big 10 point barrier. Excuse me if I'm not overly excited that we can likely expect similar results from the QB position.

And no, I'm not saying this questioning Embree's decision or something. Webb was obviously the best player at the position, so I'm not advocating he put Wood in there anyway. I'm disappointed Wood had last year, all of spring and summer to separate himself and did not do so.

Or maybe Webb improved leaps and bounds over the summer. After Hawk and crew, I sometimes forget that players, with actual coaching, have the capability of improving over the course of their careers rather than remaining stagnant, or even regressing.

Am I the only one that didn't think Tyler was all that great last year? Obviously he wasn't bad, and it mostly wasn't his fault, but our offense was putrid countless times last year. Something has to change on that front. We had 8 games last year where we didn't eclipse the 20 point mark and 3 games where we didn't break the big 10 point barrier. Excuse me if I'm not overly excited that we can likely expect similar results from the QB position.
This is literally what everyone here thinks.

I'm thinking that Webb hands off a lot and the lambs look up and suddenly there's another quarter gone and another 14-0 put on them. CU 56 CSU 0

Congrats Jordan Webb. With all of the young guys we have to play this year having a QB with game experience is huge in my opinion. Wood is obviously not ready(yet) and Embo made the call. Let's give Webb a scrimmage and the Spam game before we eat our young.
I'll give Embo a mulligan for last year since he had to resort to playing third string running backs and receivers in the secondary. I like what I saw against Utah last year and I'm hoping that attitude carries over and grows this year.
Make mine a large glass of the BnG Kool-Aid!!!
Go Buffs!!!

The rhetoric in this thread reminds me a lot of mid-Hawkins. When CU wins 2-4 games next year I won't be surprised.

Before reading this thread I thought we would win 3, maybe 4 games. Now i'm convinced we'll be lucky to win 2. And apparently Jordan Webb is going to come to my house and punch me in the groin.

But seriously though, i'm in wait and see mode. Still think we will win 3 or 4.

Did it ever occur to you guys that are upset Wood is not starting, that we might be seeing a reason why Wood was #4 on the UT depth chart? He was #4 behind arguably the worst QB unit for UT in the last decade. Whats that say that someone beat him out with 11 less months to learn the playbook. Folks at UT werent sad to see him leave. I hope Wood is successful in Boulder, but Im not surpised based what I've heard about him.

Did it ever occur to you guys that are upset Wood is not starting, that we might be seeing a reason why Wood was #4 on the UT depth chart? He was #4 behind arguably the worst QB unit for UT in the last decade. Whats that say that someone beat him out with 11 less months to learn the playbook. Folks at UT werent sad to see him leave. I hope Wood is successful in Boulder, but Im not surpised based what I've heard about him.

What's the big deal about "learning the playbook"? There are plenty of real Wunderlich idiots who learn much more complex playbooks in the NFL, so a really bright kid comes in and learns a college playbook in a few weeks? WOW! I'd give that kid huge kudos, instead of slamming him! He must be really bright, with good football sense.

Equally stupid, is dissing Webb's game experience at KU because they lost so frequently! The kid did his job; how 'bout that KU "D"? Not so much!

His stature? So what? He was recruited to replace Reesing and its was Gill's failure to adapt to the overall talent available, not vice versa, that killed KU. Reesing and Chase Daniel (MU) did plenty of damage to many teams, CU included.(1-7).

Finally, everyone seems to ignore the Saban Model where you find a solid, no-mistakes game-manager QB, not a superstar like Luck, who was one-of-a-kind.

I say , Let's roll" with Webb until he's fairly beaten out by a better talent and stop being so enamored with HS star ratings.

Last edited:

I saw nothing but good things said about Connor. He's a very hard worker, but is obviously having issues with consistency and accuracy. He is only a redshirt sophomore and he really only had one spring with his offensive coaches (His 3rd different OC already I believe). There's no reason to think he won't be a great QB for us at some point. I hope he continues to work hard because chances are he'll be called on at some point this year.

I saw nothing but good things said about Connor. He's a very hard worker, but is obviously having issues with consistency and accuracy. He is only a redshirt sophomore and he really only had one spring with his offensive coaches (His 3rd different OC already I believe). There's no reason to think he won't be a great QB for us at some point. I hope he continues to work hard because chances are he'll be called on at some point this year.

Apparently, Wood looks great when everything sets up perfectly but when things get hairy he makes mistakes that would lead to turnovers.

Back