What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kronshage Twitter mistake

Truth is that both 1) and 2) are plausible... we are dealing with 18ish year old kids. My comment was just trying to point out that you and others seem to really have an ax to grind over this and all that matters is the word that was used. Just a word. He used THE word so get him out of here, with no regard to anything else... permanently stained, scarlet "N" for life!

Now I agree that a scholarship is a privilege so CU can deal with this in any way that they think best suits the program. I don't get a vote.

Now, if choice 2) is the truth, I my guess is that he was just looking for a real hurtful word and found it. Without any other information, I look at this as more a reflection of his maturity than his character or even his views on race. That said, if 2) is the truth and he lied to the coach, we now get a glimpse into his character.

I am okay with a lack of maturity in an 18-year old, an event like this will help him grow and be a better adult. I am less forgiving for a lack of character.

Hypothetical...

I have no axe to grind here, I honestly didn't even recognize his name when this story came out, but based on the information we have I believe he wrote the tweet and is now lying to cover his tracks. You and others may believe him and that's fine, I don't.

This isn't about permanently staining the kid, but I think this is an offense I wouldn't tolerate. Remember he didn't just let it slip by accident in conversation, or quote some movie or rap lyric, he directed it at another black student, on the Internet for everyone to see, with the intent to insult the kid - to me there aren't other circumstances that can excuse this.

Under your hypothetical, I would certainly be glad for the apology, but I'd still be hesitant to bring him back because it would mean that not only did he write that tweet after all, but he lied to coach to cover it up. I'm pretty sure Mac said something in that article to the effect of: if you're lying to me you're gone.

Last edited:
This is a big point. We are working off bits and pieces of information, some of which is reasonably solid, other is pretty questionable like anything written by Henderson. The rest of it people are filling in with supposition and amatuer phychology.

As far as we know the only one who has actually talked in depth with Kronshage is M2. What happened is notable enough that it deserves conversation but to extend that conversation into declaration of what should happen with as little real information as we have is ridiculous.

Stop Mtn, this isn't a court of law, it's a message board and I don't think it's out of line to express opinions on the matter based on what we know now. I don't know what other information is out there to get at this point, but if there is some new revelation in the next few days we'd be able to digest and adjust our feelings on the issue.

Stop Mtn, this isn't a court of law, it's a message board and I don't think it's out of line to express opinions on the matter based on what we know now. I don't know what other information is out there to get at this point, but if there is some new revelation in the next few days we'd be able to digest and adjust our feelings on the issue.

As I stated it is appropriate to discuss the situation here, we do know that a message went out that at the least in the employment world would have most people facing a serious conversation with their boss. On the other hand I do see people here making definitive statements about the outcome without knowing the facts surrounding the incident. As the discussion continues some of these become even more strongly set even with a lack of additional information.

This issue does matter. It belongs on a message board. The message board however doesn't have the final say or the information to get there.

I have no axe to grind here, I honestly didn't even recognize his name when this story came out, but based on the information we have I believe he wrote the tweet and is now lying to cover his tracks. You and others may believe him and that's fine, I don't.

This isn't about permanently staining the kid, but I think this is an offense I wouldn't tolerate. Remember he didn't just let it slip by accident in conversation, or quote some movie or rap lyric, he directed it at another black student, on the Internet for everyone to see, with the intent to insult the kid - to me there aren't other circumstances that can excuse this.

Under your hypothetical, I would certainly be glad for the apology, but I'd still be hesitant to bring him back because it would mean that not only did he write that tweet after all, but he lied to coach to cover it up. I'm pretty sure Mac said something in that article to the effect of: if you're lying to me you're gone.

This is contrary to what our coach believes, unless you're calling him a liar, too. And unlike you, he's talked to the kid. We've already had at least a couple of ABers state they can't leave their phones laying around or computers unlocked for fear of the same thing happening, but you can't believe it of an 18 year old. Okay.

As I stated it is appropriate to discuss the situation here, we do know that a message went out that at the least in the employment world would have most people facing a serious conversation with their boss. On the other hand I do see people here making definitive statements about the outcome without knowing the facts surrounding the incident. As the discussion continues some of these become even more strongly set even with a lack of additional information.

This issue does matter. It belongs on a message board. The message board however doesn't have the final say or the information to get there.

What other information do you want or expect here? I don't really expect any new information on this story from here on out so I'm expressing my opinion based on the facts we DO have.

It's a fact that the tweet was sent and we know exactly what it said. We know it came from his twitter account because he deleted it and tried to apologize two days later, and we know the story he told coach was that someone took his phone without his permission an sent the tweet while he was at a pool party.

I seriously doubt we'll ever be able to prove whether his story is true or not, but if somehow new information comes out that proves his story is true, I'll have no problem admitting I was wrong and will support Sam like every other Buff.

Last edited:
This is contrary to what our coach believes, unless you're calling him a liar, too. And unlike you, he's talked to the kid. We've already had at least a couple of ABers state they can't leave their phones laying around or computers unlocked for fear of the same thing happening, but you can't believe it of an 18 year old. Okay.

That's a little dramatic, no one is calling Coach a liar. Coach has chosen to take Sam at his word, which is great and I'm glad he talked to Sam since he is the one making the decision what do do with him. I personally don't believe this story one bit because I think when someone has their email, twitter, Facebook, whatever hacked by a friend as a joke, their first reaction is to send another email, tweet, post immediately after explaining that their buddy posted on their account. Sam didn't do that - he tried to apologize on twitter an only revealed the explanation when he had to explain himself to coach.

It's entirely possible that he is telling the truth and I am wrong, but I simply don't believe the story.

Reading the chronology, it doesn't look like Kronshage was part of the twitter smack up until the 1 offensive tweet. It also doesn't look like he was part of anything after that.

Is it really so hard to believe that someone grabbed his phone while he was in the pool at this end-of-year party, tweeted something under his name, and then Sam didn't realize what had been done until the next day?

I'm also thinking that the letter from Sam's parents was part of what was compelling to HCMM. HCMM has a son right around Sam's age and both HCMM and his son are certainly living in a fishbowl... so this is very easy to relate to for HCMM. Probably a good part of why he had trouble sleeping. Could you imagine the fallout if someone had done this with Jay MacIntyre's phone?

Do I completely and 100% believe Sam, not at this point.

I can tell you though as someone who works with HS students for a living and seeing how they handle their phones and interact I can absolutely believe his version is possible and not that unlikely. We deal constantly with stuff that goes back and forth on facebook pages that have been left open or hacked, we have had facebook pages created by students other than the name on the page and used against people.

We are constantly dealing with kids using language and terminology that other people find offensive. It is part of the process of growing up these days.

We also have to be aware that after things blow up these kids are not good at responding in the most appropriate ways, they don't know how or haven't had the experience. I have seen plenty of situations where the response to the problem created more issues than the origional problem.

The issue of tweeting this kind of stuff is to big a deal to just pass by but we have to remember that there is a huge difference between being 18 and being 24. There is a reason why the courts look at young offenders differently than older offenders and why the response to Kronshage being involved in this should be different than if it were one of your college seniors.

Reading the chronology, it doesn't look like Kronshage was part of the twitter smack up until the 1 offensive tweet. It also doesn't look like he was part of anything after that.

Is it really so hard to believe that someone grabbed his phone while he was in the pool at this end-of-year party, tweeted something under his name, and then Sam didn't realize what had been done until the next day?

I'm also thinking that the letter from Sam's parents was part of what was compelling to HCMM. HCMM has a son right around Sam's age and both HCMM and his son are certainly living in a fishbowl... so this is very easy to relate to for HCMM. Probably a good part of why he had trouble sleeping. Could you imagine the fallout if someone had done this with Jay MacIntyre's phone?

I believe that it's probably very common for kids to take each others phones and prank post - not sure how often those pranks include racial slurs, but sure it probably happens. What troubles me is the timeline: the problem tweet was made on Saturday, but there was never a "sorry, buddy hacked my twitter" response and the only response at all was an apology tweet two days later (Monday). I just find it very hard to believe that if what he's saying is true that he wouldn't want to set the record straight immediately.

I lived in a hood in Vegas that was pretty diverse. I played basketball with a lot of black guys. I kicked their asses in basketball. Not really. But those guys talked more ****ing smack! They loved talking smack. They called me "whitey" or "white boy" and called each other "n-----." So, it was pretty easy to get caught up in the smack talking. I'm not saying it's right or wrong. But it could be, if he did do it, that he was just smack talking.

I lived in a hood in Vegas that was pretty diverse. I played basketball with a lot of black guys. I kicked their asses in basketball. Not really. But those guys talked more ****ing smack! They loved talking smack. They called me "whitey" or "white boy" and called each other "n-----." So, it was pretty easy to get caught up in the smack talking. I'm not saying it's right or wrong. But it could be, if he did do it, that he was just smack talking.

Yeah, but back then women couldn't vote, and alcohol was illegal...times change.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

If it was really one of Sam's 'friends' who did it, that person needs to take responsibility before it costs Sam a $200 K scholarship.

Wow, some people around here are really putting on their thinking caps. Sounds like we need to have a Law and Order episode on the Kronshage Tweet.

DONG DONG

Dumb thing to do but he is a 17/18 year old kid. Obviously should have known better but i think back to the **** I did and said back in my teens and thnank the lord it is not recorded like **** is today. Only I know what an asshole I am.

Exactly

If we took Yuri......

If a track record of stupidity develops, then we can all ride our high horse. In the interim this is just noise, and a kid learning a bit about what it means to grow up.

Dumb thing to do but he is a 17/18 year old kid. Obviously should have known better but i think back to the **** I did and said back in my teens and thnank the lord it is not recorded like **** is today. Only I know what an asshole I am.

We have an idea:rofl:

I believe that it's probably very common for kids to take each others phones and prank post - not sure how often those pranks include racial slurs, but sure it probably happens. What troubles me is the timeline: the problem tweet was made on Saturday, but there was never a "sorry, buddy hacked my twitter" response and the only response at all was an apology tweet two days later (Monday). I just find it very hard to believe that if what he's saying is true that he wouldn't want to set the record straight immediately.

There's a simple explanation found it his tweeted apology, but you just keep repeating the same thing without listening, and I'm tired of repeating myself and generally weary of this thread.

There's a simple explanation found it his tweeted apology, but you just keep repeating the same thing without listening, and I'm tired of repeating myself and generally weary of this thread.

I've read the tweet, basically: "hey I've been trying to reach you, sorry for what happened Saturday." No where in there do I see the "simple explanation" about his twitter getting hacked by a buddy, in fact I don't see an explanation at all. We only got the twitter hacking explanation after reading an article about his conversation with Coach Mac days later.

I've read the tweet, basically: "hey I've been trying to reach you, sorry for what happened Saturday." No where in there do I see the "simple explanation" about his twitter getting hacked by a buddy, in fact I don't see an explanation at all. We only got the twitter hacking explanation after reading an article about his conversation with Coach Mac days later.

Likely because Kronshage direct-messaged the previous attempts to reach Coleman and did the follow-up as a public message so that someone else might see it and get the message to Coleman.

While I believe that the kid deserves a second chance, one has to ask why the phone wasn't passcode locked in the first place? The only person who has a clue of what my passcode would be my wife and whatever creep knows a secret way to unlock the phone without my knowledge.

While I believe that the kid deserves a second chance, one has to ask why the phone wasn't passcode locked in the first place? The only person who has a clue of what my passcode would be my wife and whatever creep knows a secret way to unlock the phone without my knowledge.

I think you might be surprised by the number of people who don't passcode lock their phones and laptops because they find it inconvenient to have to log back in after being idle for a bit.

I think you might be surprised by the number of people who don't passcode lock their phones and laptops because they find it inconvenient to have to log back in after being idle for a bit.

I don't. I know I should, but I'm really, really lazy.

I don't on my phone. It's dumb of me not to do it.

Wait, I can lock a cell phone?

Likely because Kronshage direct-messaged the previous attempts to reach Coleman and did the follow-up as a public message so that someone else might see it and get the message to Coleman.

Right, that makes sense, I'm just surprised his public message didn't include any mention that he didn't actually write the offending tweet - I would think an innocent person would want anyone who read that slur to be crystal clear that he didn't write it. This is why I am so highly suspect of his excuse.

Back