What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lammies can Fairchild (was: To add insult to CSU's injury...)

Some good comic relief over at the lammies site. A new 50k stadium is needed to house all of the new rams fans that are suddenly going to pop out of the woodwork with the new AD. They could have played the game yesterday at the local high school field and would have been able to accomadate all the fans.

I guess life is just about dreams.

If they were to actually build an on-campus stadium - which none of us believe they will - do they have room on campus to build a stadium?

I'm starting to think CSU should keep Fairchild for one more year. There are far too many higher profile jobs opening up. They will not get a good coach. (Maybe Barnett but I'm not sure how good he would be for their fanbase.)

I'm starting to think CSU should keep Fairchild for one more year. There are far too many higher profile jobs opening up. They will not get a good coach. (Maybe Barnett but I'm not sure how good he would be for their fanbase.)

Kizla thinks Gary would be great choice for the lambs.

Proof posiitive they should give Farichild another year :lol:

There are job openings every year. When will these openings not be seen as a better option than CSU?

There are job openings every year. When will these openings not be seen as a better option than CSU?

It just seems to me like there are more higher profile opening this year. Plus the coaches that leave for those better schools will need coaches too. CSU is not in a good place right now. I'm actually hoping that CSU becomes relevant again. I cannot stand most of their fans but I'm a Colorado guy and I want Colorado teams to win.

It just seems to me like there are more higher profile opening this year. Plus the coaches that leave for those better schools will need coaches too. CSU is not in a good place right now. I'm actually hoping that CSU becomes relevant again. I cannot stand most of their fans but I'm a Colorado guy and I want Colorado teams to win.

I don't think there are really any more higher profile jobs open this year than normal. What is the average duration of a HC at this level. I would guess without looking that at least 15% of all jobs turn over each year. There will be major job openings each season. CSU is always going to be on the bottom end of the list in terms of desirability compared to those other jobs that are open.

I don't think there are really any more higher profile jobs open this year than normal. What is the average duration of a HC at this level. I would guess without looking that at least 15% of all jobs turn over each year. There will be major job openings each season. CSU is always going to be on the bottom end of the list in terms of desirability compared to those other jobs that are open.

What hurts CSU right now isn't the high profile jobs that are open. They aren't competing with ASsU, UCLA, Penn State, Ohio State (before they filled it), aTm, etc. What's going to hurt them is if a lot of those schools take coaches from schools like Houston, Southern Miss, SMU, etc. They are going to be looking in the same pool as some of those schools, and they're going to lose out to them for pretty much any candidate out there.

What hurts CSU right now isn't the high profile jobs that are open. They aren't competing with ASsU, UCLA, Penn State, Ohio State (before they filled it), aTm, etc. What's going to hurt them is if a lot of those schools take coaches from schools like Houston, Southern Miss, SMU, etc. They are going to be looking in the same pool as some of those schools, and they're going to lose out to them for pretty much any candidate out there.

My only question is when isn't this going to be the situation for CSU. Virtually every year you have at least 15 openings in the AQ conferences, many of which get filled with guys from the mid-majors creating openings there. Add the openings in mid-majors for retirements or firings and you will have a number of openings each year that will compete with CSU.

I just don't think this year is all that different than any other in this situation, this year it is Houston, Southern Miss, SMU. In prior years it was other schools that had had big years. Last year it was SDSU and some others.

Didn't you hear though? Their new AD said they're going to win! They expect all sports to win at .600. And they're gonna build a stadium on the moon, then have Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, and Les Miles all combine to coach so that they can have all 5* recruits and beat the Buffs every year!

Wow. As Jens mentioned before, CU will now be playing 5 teams with head coaches in their first year with the program. We must absolutely capitalize on this.

The Barnett balloon that is floating around seems far fetched. Seems like CSU would be the kind of place some fallen coach might resurface in an effort for redemption. Some names that are every bit as controversial (and likeley) as Gary Barnett includes
Turner Gill
Paul Wulff
Mike Stoops
Dan Hawkins
Rick Neuheisel
Mike Sherman
Dave Logan ;)
And what the hell...it's a message board... Jerry Sandusky FTW.

Hawk would be perfect for csu.

"well Steve's a great guy and did a great job bringing in a bunch of awesome kids. I'd be fired up at the chance to get in there and get some fire going and get some momentum going," stated Hawkins when reached about the opening.

The Barnett balloon that is floating around seems far fetched. Seems like CSU would be the kind of place some fallen coach might resurface in an effort for redemption. Some names that are every bit as controversial (and likeley) as Gary Barnett includes
Turner Gill
Paul Wulff
Mike Stoops
Dan Hawkins
Rick Neuheisel
Mike Sherman
Dave Logan ;)

And on this note, Tracy Ringolsby tweet....

TracyRingolsby Tracy Ringolsby
Colo State really interested in Dennis Erickson?
33 minutes ago

:lol:

Erickson is going there, they couldn't afford his liquor bill much less what he would want in a contract to go to a "no-name" school like CSU at this point.

Much more likely would be one of the alums who are position coaches other places. Brookhart would fit this description, more likely would be Tony Alford who is the WR coach at Notre Dame or Billy Gonzalez who is the WR/Passing game coordinator at LSU after being the WR coach and recruiting coordinatior at Florida. Another would be Brian Schneider who is the special teams coach at USC. All three were part of the "glory years" teams at CSU. They would be popular with the fan base and likely would work for fairly cheap.

Holy ****e, Brookhart going there would be awesome. He is basically our worst assistant.

I'm looking forward to what happens to the Rams. Maybe this commitment to the football program will pay off. I just don't understand how they can do all the things they say they want to do with basically no revenue stream other than some private donations. How much would a new stadium cost?

Turner Gill
Paul Wulff
Mike Stoops
Dan Hawkins
Rick Neuheisel
Mike Sherman
Dave Logan ;)

I'd take Wulff if it was them, but if they want to pump up their profile and "rivalry" Tricky Ricky is the way to go.

If these rumors of a 50K on-campus stadium are correct, they'll be able to attract a halfway decent head coach. I think a lot of their attendance problem stems from their facility, frankly.

Back