What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Let's all calm down

Ugh. I'm still pissed. I keep getting spurts of anger as to how the hell we could not be prepared for that game. How the hell were we not prepared to open the season yet again!!!!!!
I'm having serious doubts about Mac right now, this morning, at this instant.

Downplaying his success at SJSU makes no damn sense, troll. He is furious and you could see it in the video.

There is a tremendous difference between an observation (and a record that validates he is not a good coach) vs being a "troll". One decent season at SJSU is relevant, particularly when you realize that CU has won a total of 3 games into year three against D1 schools. The guy is flat out a mediocre coach at best who had one good year as a D1 head coach, period. Additionally, when I see him stumble in every interview he does, the word furious does not come to mind. Scared or even lost is more appropriate. Troll - no. Observant and would like to see quality wins, absolutely!

There is a tremendous difference between an observation (and a record that validates he is not a good coach) vs being a "troll". One decent season at SJSU is relevant, particularly when you realize that CU has won a total of 3 games into year three against D1 schools. The guy is flat out a mediocre coach at best who had one good year as a D1 head coach, period. Additionally, when I see him stumble in every interview he does, the word furious does not come to mind. Scared or even lost is more appropriate. Troll - no. Observant and would like to see quality wins, absolutely!

It does make you wonder if he simply lucked into a good QB and feasted against MWC competition.

Ugh. I'm still pissed. I keep getting spurts of anger as to how the hell we could not be prepared for that game. How the hell were we not prepared to open the season yet again!!!!!!
I'm having serious doubts about Mac right now, this morning, at this instant.

I'm with you. This being unprepared garbage is really frustrating. It makes me think that not many on this team really care if we win. Plus all our concerns over assistants that are in over their heads is proving true. Leavitt and Tumpkins get a pass since they are new and the defense showed signs of life. Most of the others are questionable or worse at this point. Lindgren may have an interesting offensive mind, but he can call a very frustrating game.

I am still pissed. At least we arent on this

Huh. Looking at how those are clustered (1999, 2007, 2012), I hope that points to 2015 being one of those wild seasons with a bunch of crazy upsets.

I'll post this again to prove JRourk's point about MM. Excluding the wonderful 2012 SJSU with David Fales at QB that season, MM has a record of 12-37 (4-29 in conference games). That's a crappy record for Head Coach. Soon folks will realize he is no better than Hawkins or Embree which is unfortunate. We are talking about the Embree who ran the infamous QB sneak on 1st and 10, and has more conference wins than MM has.

I really wanted MM to be a good coach here but it's evident he is not the guy. He looked defeated in the post practice interview and that's the guy who is supposed to motivate our team? it's a wrap.

I'll post this again to prove JRourk's point about MM. Excluding the wonderful 2012 SJSU with David Fales at QB that season, MM has a record of 12-37 (4-29 in conference games). That's a crappy record for Head Coach. Soon folks will realize he is no better than Hawkins or Embree which is unfortunate. We are talking about the Embree who ran the infamous QB sneak on 1st and 10, and has more conference wins than MM has.

I really wanted MM to be a good coach here but it's evident he is not the guy. He looked defeated in the post practice interview and that's the guy who is supposed to motivate our team? it's a wrap.
Only 12 more games to go!

I'm not happy with the pace of progress with the program, but you can't make statements like "excluding the 2012 season at SJSU...". That season happened, and Mac deserves credit for it and what he managed with that program.

It's fair to question whether his success at SJSU can translate to the Pac 12, but you can't flat out ignore the success he had.

I'm not happy with the pace of progress with the program, but you can't make statements like "excluding the 2012 season at SJSU...". That season happened, and Mac deserves credit for it and what he managed with that program.

It's fair to question whether his success at SJSU can translate to the Pac 12, but you can't flat out ignore the success he had.
I would argue that David Fales had a bigger impact and was the primary reason for the 2012 season success MM got to enjoy at SJSU.

I would argue that David Fales had a bigger impact and was the primary reason for the 2012 season success MM got to enjoy at SJSU.

Fales, and SJSU, were average at best in 2013 when Mac left, though. No need to cherry pick away the 2012 season for Mac, it was a success for him. Doesn't really matter for 2015 which looks like a disaster in the making.

If you think Mac is just a sh**ty coach, then yes you might be of that opinion. I happen to think that's ridiculous, but ok.

Exactly. It's like when people try to say "if you take away that 90 yard run, the RB only averaged a pedestrian 4.1 ypc for the game". That's bunk. The body of work is the body of work.

We've seen a program build with HCMM as the head coach that happened at the WAC level. We've seen him be part of the strategy as a staff member in successful rebuilds at Ole Miss and Duke. He also lived it under his dad, who was a pretty successful turnaround artist as a HC.

So there's reason why he was hired and it's the justificiation for having a degree of patience. It took a while at Duke in an ACC that is nowhere near as good from top to bottom as the Pac-12.

That said, I'm finding myself to be not very patient at this point.

I am still pissed. At least we arent on this

Sorry but there is no comfort in that list. All it means is that we haven't been good enough to be considered an upset by anybody. We wouldn't be a 30 point favorite over any FCS team.

I'm not patient enough for the Duke plan. If it's 2 more ****ing years before we're bowling then I'm just done.

Sorry but there is no comfort in that list. All it means is that we haven't been good enough to be considered an upset by anybody. We wouldn't be a 30 point favorite over any FCS team.

Debbie Downer. I was just starting to feel good. Like Tini good. That does not happen very often.

I guarantee you we would

Debbie Downer. I was just starting to feel good. Like Tini good. That does not happen very often.
tumblr_loggd9YOZg1qifwpjo5_500.gif

Vs who? And CU may be favored by that much but you show me the recent history where CU has beaten any opponet by 30+ points.

There are a lot of ****ty, ****ty FCS teams we would be favored against by 30. It would take way too long to list them. For reference, CSU was 50 point favorites against SSU. Georgia Southern beat them 83-9 in 2014. MTS beat them 61-7. Hell Wazzu was favored by 31, and they suck to.

There are a lot of ****ty, ****ty FCS teams we would be favored against by 30. It would take way too long to list them. For reference, CSU was 50 point favorites against SSU. Georgia Southern beat them 83-9 in 2014. MTS beat them 61-7. Hell Wazzu was favored by 31, and they suck to.

They suck to what? I dont understand?

Again, you show me where CU has beaten any team by 30+ points. Are you telling me that CU has not played one ****ty team in the last 5 years? I agree that CU may be favored by 30. Tell me where the evidence is that this team can beat anyone by 30? I sure as hell cant find it.

They suck to what? I dont understand?

Again, you show me where CU has beaten any team by 30+ points. Are you telling me that CU has not played one ****ty team in the last 5 years? I agree that CU may be favored by 30. Tell me where the evidence is that this team can beat anyone by 30? I sure as hell cant find it.
CU has not played a team like Savannah State ever, so I suppose that's what I'm saying.

The spread doesn't have much to do with if we've beaten a team by 30, it's about whether the general public believes that to the point that there would be equal money on both sides. There are some very, very bad FCS teams that we would be favored by at least 30. Nicholls State is a game that will fall in the -30 area for CU. Against D1 schools in 2014, they were outscored by 26-194.

FBS Conference GP Record Win % PF PA PD
SEC 14 14–0 1.000 685 131 +554
ACC 14 14–0 1.000 636 173 +463
Big Ten 11 11–0 1.000 391 156 +235
MWC 10 10–0 1.000 354 157 +197
American 8 8–0 1.000 352 81 +271
Pac-12 8 8–0 1.000 410 142 +268
Big 12 8 7–1 .875 357 156 +201
MAC 13 11–2 .846 462 196 +266
Sun Belt 9 7–2 .778 445 165 +280
C-USA 9 7–2 .778 367 126 +241
FBS Independents 4 3–1 .750 200 94 +106
TOTAL 108 100–8 .926 4659 1577 +3082

CU has not played a team like Savannah State ever, so I suppose that's what I'm saying.

The spread doesn't have much to do with if we've beaten a team by 30, it's about whether the general public believes that to the point that there would be equal money on both sides. There are some very, very bad FCS teams that we would be favored by at least 30. Nicholls State is a game that will fall in the -30 area for CU. Against D1 schools in 2014, they were outscored by 26-194.

FBS Conference GP Record Win % PF PA PD
SEC 14 14–0 1.000 685 131 +554
ACC 14 14–0 1.000 636 173 +463
Big Ten 11 11–0 1.000 391 156 +235
MWC 10 10–0 1.000 354 157 +197
American 8 8–0 1.000 352 81 +271
Pac-12 8 8–0 1.000 410 142 +268
Big 12 8 7–1 .875 357 156 +201
MAC 13 11–2 .846 462 196 +266
Sun Belt 9 7–2 .778 445 165 +280
C-USA 9 7–2 .778 367 126 +241
FBS Independents 4 3–1 .750 200 94 +106
TOTAL 108 100–8 .926 4659 1577 +3082

That is great, Tini. Would this team actually end up beating them by 30+?

I will repeat myself.

CU May be favored by 30. Show me the evidence where they can actually beat a team by 30. No matter how bad they are.

That is great, Tini. Would this team actually end up beating them by 30+?

I will repeat myself.

CU May be favored by 30. Show me the evidence where they can actually beat a team by 30. No matter how bad they are.
Nicholls State went 0-12 in FCS last year, so yes. There will not be a single person on their team who can cover Spruce.

Again, Tini. You show me where CU has beat a team, any team in the last 5 years by 30+ points. Good or bad. You show me that and then I will agree that CU may not only be favored by 30 points but actually pull off the win by 30+ points. Go dig that up for me. Or are you doing to tell me that CU has not played one ****ty team in the last 5 years? Not one? Not one ****ty team in 5 years? How far do we have to go back? 8 years to find that 30+ point victory? No bad teams in that era? OK... how about 10 years? Can you find a 30+ point win in the last 10 years? Surely CU has played a ****ty team in the last decade, right? At least one? Go find it.

Fales, and SJSU, were average at best in 2013 when Mac left, though. No need to cherry pick away the 2012 season for Mac, it was a success for him. Doesn't really matter for 2015 which looks like a disaster in the making.

Yeah, that team likely goes bowling again with MacIntyre in 2013.

With you on the Duke model. No thanks.

Again, Tini. You show me where CU has beat a team, any team in the last 5 years by 30+ points. Good or bad. You show me that and then I will agree that CU may not only be favored by 30 points but actually pull off the win by 30+ points. Go dig that up for me. Or are you doing to tell me that CU has not played one ****ty team in the last 5 years? Not one? Not one ****ty team in 5 years? How far do we have to go back? 8 years to find that 30+ point victory? No bad teams in that era? OK... how about 10 years? Can you find a 30+ point win in the last 10 years? Surely CU has played a ****ty team in the last decade, right? At least one? Go find it.
You kind of aren't getting the point here, 4dem.

This whole thing started out with "we wouldn't be favored by 30 against any FCS team", to which I asserted is false. It's not about if we've beat a team by 30, but that we would be FAVORED by 30. You're starting a whole different argument here.

And yes we have played some bad teams, but teams like Nichols State are BAD teams. And we beat Charleston Southern by 33 with a far worse team in 2013. Charleston So is much better than Nicholls State, as well.

You kind of aren't getting the point here, 4dem.

This whole thing started out with "we wouldn't be favored by 30 against any FCS team", to which I asserted is false. It's not about if we've beat a team by 30, but that we would be FAVORED by 30. You're starting a whole different argument here.

And yes we have played some bad teams, but teams like Nichols State are BAD teams. And we beat Charleston Southern by 33 with a far worse team in 2013. Charleston So is much better than Nicholls State, as well.

I definitely understand that I started a whole new argument. Because I find it absurd with what I have seen from this team that they would be favored by 30 and actually pull that off. Now, I was quite suprised to see that CU beat a team by 33. So, you get that point. I don't have a problem with you claiming that CU could again be favored by 30. I have my doubts from what I have seen if they could really pull that off and beat the spread. You don't. I do. Sorry. We will just have to agree to disagree on that point until I see more proof otherwise. I hope you are right.

Back