What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lindgren to Oregon State

Ok - so mostly the fear of the unknown. I suppose that's reasonable. So does that mean it's preferable that he leaves CU to get some OC experience before we'd want him back in that capacity? I'm not sure I'm there. Perhaps he just needs more years of experience before he would be a viable candidate as sole OC.

I can't imagine he'd feel great with a demotion which may force him to want to move on. Hope not.

It would depend on how badly Chev wants to be a play caller. Lot of other titles and responsibilities he can be given that don't involve him becoming the OC.

Howell on radio this morning said more changes coming probably today.
------------
I've been reading nothing but praise for Chiav and people wanting BL out and for Chiav to take over.
Now that it is a distinct possibility, I'm reading CU fans sounding nervous.
Is this a case of fans demanding an action and then realizing the fans not wanting to take ownership or responsibility for what they demanded?
I guess being an AD or head coach is harder than it appears from the cheap seats!

Howell on radio this morning said more changes coming probably today.
------------
I've been reading nothing but praise for Chiav and people wanting BL out and for Chiav to take over.
Now that it is a distinct possibility, I'm reading CU fans sounding nervous.
Is this a case of fans demanding an action and then realizing the fans not wanting to take ownership or responsibility for what they demanded?
I guess being an AD or head coach is harder than it appears from the cheap seats!

Only some people have been good with Chev at OC. Been a lot of hesitation from people on that move.

Believing Lindgren had to go and that Chev is not ready are not mutually exclusive ideas.

Personally i have a hunch that chiv would make a great OC. I cant base that on anything, because obviously he has never done it i just have that hunch. That said i dont think mac can risk a first year OC. Macs job is on the line he knows that.

Only some people have been good with Chev at OC. Been a lot of hesitation from people on that move.

Believing Lindgren had to go and that Chev is not ready are not mutually exclusive ideas.
------------
I think the only visible hesitation has been in the last month. The last two years, in general, read CU fan writings.....Chiav walks on water.

------------
I think the only visible hesitation has been in the last month. The last two years, in general, read CU fan writings.....Chiav walks on water.
You can think that, but also be wrong. And yes, many fans think Chev walks on water. That doesn't mean he's the right choice for OC.

This has been discussed before, but Lindgren is great at scheme, but a mediocre play caller. MM praised the offense all pre-season and the offense stunk up the joint all year. This had to be done to move forward.

I would feel a lot better if Chev had an experienced QB coach who has been an OC before. Giving the reins completely over to Chev is very worrisome with his lack of experience. Unless there is something we don't know, I can definitely see the hesitation here. Plus you lose your best recruiter. Still a ways to go, so we will see how this all shacks up, but a good start.

------------

You mean the 2017 season might have soured people after the way the offense looked?

Thank you for your time and good luck.
57544790.jpg

maybe a Dennis Erikson out of retirement for like a year to groom/mentor Chev?

Regarding Chiv, have a hard time thinking about an organization where someone gets promoted after their part of the business regressed

Love him, but not sure it’s a rational hire if thats the route we go

A move to a more pass heavy offense is likely under Chev, if for no other reason than our personnel dictates it. We have six WRs and no running backs.

Like last changes, MM did not fire him, he let him find a job.

I’m OK with than. Humane.

But, will MM act quickly and decisively in this critical period, be it Chiv or somebody else.

He surely knew this was coming. Has he prepared? Or will he start square one beginning today.

wonder if this was forced from above MM or choice by MM or choice by BL ?

It smells of a forced from above. RG and MM talked, and Lindgren moving on was the decision. Rather than fire him, MM was allowed to talk to him and quietly let him go out and find another job, so it looks like he was cherry picked to another program and he does not have to have the stain of being fired. However it happened, it is a win-win-win for everyone. OSU thinks they got a good coach, we got rid of a bad coach, and we play OSU this year and will know his brilliant tendencies.

So now that one move is afoot, do we gear up the search compendium thread? I'll admit, that is one of my favorite AllBuffs pastimes.

Now we play the waiting game and see if this hire is a good surprise like Chev or JL, or if it's a surprise like Eliot.

Back