What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Local Media Coverage of firing/hiring - (was: Joel Klatt is having a meltdown)

Sure. I expect Mac to be the grownup here and settle things down despite his disappointment. He's always been good at being the bigger man with things like this. Unite Buff Nation, Mac. I'm counting on you.

that's totallly not going to happen.

The Denver radio media is a joke. Ignore the debacle of the losses this season, the last place recruiting class, Jon Major saying the defense changed 4 times, the offensive staff trying to learn Gundy's offense in a weekend seminar format, the plummeting ticket sales ... The list goes on, and on.

Now it's just about race. Come on.

Now the race card is thrown out. Yikes. Why is this about race? Why no reference to Sumlin at A&M and Shaw at Stanford?

Only mentions of Gill and Willingham.

Or Franklin. Or Strong.

Black coaches are getting more opportunities and we've just named 4 BCS coaches who are game changers on this issue. Why focus on the negative? How does that help the cause? Gill, Willingham and Embree did awful jobs.

AL had them cut off a caller that brought up Embree's lack of qualifications and would CU go hire the TE coach of the Broncos now. Hilarious. Al had no words

Wow! Al just got asked why the flagship university would even consider a career position coach in the first place and he could not put together an answer "skip to the next caller"

Edit: JimmyBuff beat me to it.

Wow! Al just got asked why the flagship university would even consider a career position coach in the first place and he could not put together an answer "skip to the next caller"

Edit: JimmyBuff beat me to it.

That was a classic. Big AL is ignorant of the FACTS about Embree

The Denver radio media is a joke. Ignore the debacle of the losses this season, the last place recruiting class, Jon Major saying the defense changed 4 times, the offensive staff trying to learn Gundy's offense in a weekend seminar format, the plummeting ticket sales ... The list goes on, and on.

Now it's just about race. Come on.

Has anybody asked Embree:

"In your opinion, would a white coach in your circumstances, not Hawkins' circumstances, but YOUR circumstances have been retained?"

It's a fair question.

Big Al admitted that JE didn't get it done on the field. He isn't as upset as Klatt. Just surprised. He just wants Bohn to straight up tell people why he fired him.

Bottom line, Big Al is loyal to CU returning to a winning program.

Big Al admitted that JE didn't get it done on the field. He isn't as upset as Klatt. Just surprised. He just wants Bohn to straight up tell people why he fired him.

Bottom line, Big Al is loyal to CU returning to a winning program.

CJ has been really poor

Holy ****, Mac is talking about 'taking a stand' and creating some sort of rebellion here

Did anyone catch where Al said thast Greg Brown was a great DC for CU and will land on his feet at another program with no problem? I about ran off the road when I heard that....

And here I thought it was gonna go well with Mac when he said he wanted to cool off before commenting. What a ****ing nightmare.

I just listened to Al's last segment and I could not even summarize it. I am not sure that he said anything that could logically be put together to form a complete thought.

Mac wants friends of Embree to call in on Friday to speak of how great he is.HE'S NOT DEAD,HE LOST HIS JOB!It happens.They will not allow the program to move on.
Jeesh I hate when people write in all caps.

Back