What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

LOL at the Wall of Winners for 2010

So it turns out I should have never posted this thread. I deserve to be bashed some, even though I honestly was not laughing at the players. I know exaggeration of 40 times goes on everywhere, I just think it is strange that we finally decided to do it here this season. Oh well, this thread was honestly intended to be light-hearted, but I understand why others see it as a slam on the players.
Hard to show intent on a message board sometimes. Imho, nothing really wrong with this thread and I didnt see it as slamming players but I can see why some think that. Lets hope we can exaggerate into 8 or 9 wins lol.

I'd say it's because a lot of those numbers aren't really believable, based on what we've seen the last couple years.

Are they made up? I have no idea, and I'm not going to make any accusations.

I'm just saying that I'm skeptical.

The numbers aren't believable, period. The fastest guy at the NFL Combine this past year ran a 4.28. There were only 3 guys AT THE ENTIRE COMBINE who ran under 4.4. That is truly world-class speed. Something this team does not have. There's some serious home cooking in those numbers, just like there was when I ran a 4.6 in HS.

By the way, it's funny that you laugh at the players because I know for a fact a lot of them look at these threads and laugh at the fans.

Pitting the players against the fans has no upside, UH. Let's not go there.

Nobody was bashing the players. It's the coaches and administration we're after.

A girl I was dating in HS was a cop. He caught me at their house one afternoon when I wasn't supposed to be there. I'm pretty sure I ran a 4.2 that day.

:wtf: Uhhh, so you're saying in HS, you dated a she-male that was a cop?

Wow - find out more and more about people on the board everyday. :lol:

Leave the players alone!

chris_crocker.jpg

No worries BB. I think I am just getting fed up, and saw somethign that looked like it could have slammed players. I do know you're better than that. Just my stressed out bi-polar self with a knee jerk reaction.

I do have a request for ALL fans though, lets try and keep it clean towards the players. They need our support. I agree that bashing the coaches is fine as it's their job and get paid to try and win.

I just think it would have helped if BB had made it clear that he was laughing at what he thinks are inflated 40 times w/out singling out specific players. It's not out of the realm of possibility that these kids have worked their butts off and greatly improved their speed. It's not likely, but it's not impossible, so I'll withhold comment until I see the product on the field this fall. I'd hate to mock some kid and then have to eat my words.

At any rate, I thought about what someone said earlier, "Who does this benefit?" I can't come out with a clear winner on this one. If the staff is using it as a confidence builder, I guess that could be possible, but by publishing the numbers for all to see it violates marketing 101: underpromise and overdeliver. I will bet that this thread will be re-visited during the season.

Hey! I ain't stuped and yu ain't punishin' me!

I was referring to dply and his "not supplying all pertinent info" you could say and how that led to the thread jack.

Wasn't slamming on you at all, except the fact you live in OK will bring even a genius' IQ down a couple of notches ('course living in TX tain't much better)

Sorry to ruin the thread because of my stupid story about my girlfriend and her sexy dad.

Sorry to ruin the thread because of my stupid story about my girlfriend and her sexy dad.

Not stupid at all...actually I probably stopped a possible all-time classic and Stoudt winner by asking for clarification!

Not stupid at all...actually I probably stopped a possible all-time classic and Stoudt winner by asking for clarification!

Maybe another catagory for the Stoudts, Post with screwed up or unintended meanings, not intentional. with extra credit going to posters who don't normally screw up but manage to drop a big one in the middle of someone elses completely different thread.

Maybe another catagory for the Stoudts, Post with screwed up or unintended meanings, not intentional. with extra credit going to posters who don't normally screw up but manage to drop a big one in the middle of someone elses completely different thread.

So no DBT?

So no DBT?

It may have to be named for DBT. He post a lot of stuff that ends up meaning something entirely different than what he meant to say. Being a fellow old fart, I know how it happens but by sheer volume of postings DBT might be the odds on favorite.

By not intentional I mean none of the post with intentional double meanings, and drunken ramblings would be excluded as well, they had no meaning to start with.

Just post that end up saying something entirely different than the real intention of the poster. Like your transexual teenage police officer post on this thread.

Back