What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MacIntyre And Staff To Present Football 101 For Women

Are you under the assumption that it is required to attend if you are a woman and support CU football. The name describes the course and then you can read the full description and decide if it appeals to you.

Then I think people should be offended that Cover 2 is discussed in a 101 level course.

Of course I'm not under the impression that anybody is required to attend. But what do you think the intent of the engagement is? To get as many women as excited about CU football as possible, I would imagine. I read the cubuffs.com teaser, and didn't think that "101" was the right description, and if I'm correct in my understanding of the intent, I believe it alienates some that the AD would want to attend.

Exactly. The 101 descriptor is a stroke of brilliance. It does a great service. The football savvy woman can skip the 101 class, and wait for 102, or even 201, as the case may be. Surely there is some waiver one can get to not have to sit through 101 as a pre-req.

This is better mocking than your previous intent, though it seems designed to support my point.

Then I think people should be offended that Cover 2 is discussed in a 101 level course.

Of course I'm not under the impression that anybody is required to attend. But what do you think the intent of the engagement is? To get as many women as excited about CU football as possible, I would imagine. I read the cubuffs.com teaser, and didn't think that "101" was the right description, and if I'm correct in my understanding of the intent, I believe it alienates some that the AD would want to attend.

I understand the probem now. Im sorry the cover 2 is much too difficult for you to grasp, take comfort in knowing that football beginners dont share your difficulties, even women.

This is better mocking than your previous intent, though it seems designed to support my point.

Well, if you think cover 2 is beyond the scope of 101, may I suggest it is your football acumen that is lacking? Perhaps you should take the course to brush up and quit assuming anyone who knows cover 2 is necessarily better than someone who wants to take 101.

I understand the probem now. Im sorry the cover 2 is much too difficult for you to grasp, take comfort in knowing that football beginners dont share your difficulties, even women.

Well, if you think cover 2 is beyond the scope of 101, may I suggest it is your football acumen that is lacking? Perhaps you should take the course to brush up and quit assuming anyone who knows cover 2 is necessarily better than someone who wants to take 101.
Doesn't attempting to insult me by suggesting that I need to take a basic football course make my point?

But the article begins:

See what I did there? Your critical analysis of journalism is oddly selective.

Well played, sir.

I wasn't arguing in the other thread, just commenting on what I perceived to be the point of the article. I wasn't making any judgements as to whether the point of the article acutally jibed with the content thereof.

In this case, I think it's a manufactured story. The story didn't exist until the author made it up. Conjured it out of thin air.

But, come on CU, can we please change the name of this camp? It's antiquated language that comes off as demeaning, doesn't represent the actual content of this camp, and - contrary to the intent of having this event - rubs a number of CU fans the wrong way. You're badly missing the mark on this one.

I just don't see it. I can't wrap my head around the idea that the name of the class itself is somehow insulting. I think we're really reaching for stuff to get pissed off about.

What do you guys suggest as a name?

Just spitballing a few modest suggestions. Some good. Others...not so much.

Mike MacIntyre's Football Clinic for Women

Estrogen & Pigskin

Football Spa & Day Camp

Football symposium and fitness simulation for the fairer sex

XX Games - CU Football Experience:
Y chromosome need not apply

Kick, pass, run and PMS - Sponsored by Pinterest and Oprah

Ladies Football Retreat and Social

Snatch and VaJayJay's football experience

Learn football: Tacos only. Burritos need not apply.

Football Class for fat little girlfriends, MILFS, and other users of feminine hygiene products.

Football Coaches hanging out with your women making you jealous

Football dumbed down for c**ts

Just spitballing a few modest suggestions. Some good. Others...not so much.

Mike MacIntyre's Football Clinic for Women

Estrogen & Pigskin

Football Spa & Day Camp

Football symposium and fitness simulation for the fairer sex

XX Games - CU Football Experience:
Y chromosome need not apply

Kick, pass, run and PMS - Sponsored by Pinterest and Oprah

Ladies Football Retreat and Social

Snatch and VaJayJay's football experience

Learn football: Tacos only. Burritos need not apply.

Football Class for fat little girlfriends, MILFS, and other users of feminine hygiene products.

Football Coaches hanging out with your women making you jealous

Football dumbed down for c**ts

I would have to say some of those choices would be offensive. I m feeling more sensitive and inclusive by the minute.

Do you really believe that this is a camp that is exclusively designed for people who don't know the first thing about football, and also happen to be women? Because your post only makes sense in that context, and then, only barely.

If this is part of an integrated marketing outreach plan (aimed at all women), wouldn't it be prudent to not assume they are ****ing stupid on the topic of football? And if a female was actually literate in the sport, wouldn't it be a teeny bit insulting to her to assume she wasn't?

1st paragraph... No. And I never said any such thing. At all. Period.

2nd paragraph.... I dunno. Ask the women who attended and who actually enjoyed the event but never got to have their say so in the article. Personally, I think those women are quite capable of judging for themselves if a title of a program is actually calling them stupid. Then making their voices heard loud and clear by attending or not attending. I think they are quite capable of making that decision. You seem to disagree in this instance.

Educated women made the decision on their own to attend without you telling them that the program for them is... stupid, sexist and insulting.

Maybe the best thing for these women to do in the future is to consult you, a male, and have you decide for them what is really sexist, stupid and insulting to them in a title and whether they should attend any such function.

It didn't seem to bother the women who attended is really my point.

Last edited:
CU might consider a rebranding effort, an area of study focused on women makes some uncomfortable.

dyjy3u9e.jpg

Last edited:
To reach women fans, boosters, or at least wives of boosters. If you just had a regular football class given by the coaches it'd get filled up with guys who just want access to the coaches and a chance to prove how much they already know about football.

So basically AllBuffs, only in a classroom. Yeah, that does sound horrible. :lol:

I found it very apropos that one of the offended broads interviewed for the story was Sarah McLaughlin.

Personally I'm pissed there is no male equivalent class... where's the "recruit hostessing 101 for men"? Is Title IX only for chicks now?

1st paragraph... No. And I never said any such thing. At all. Period.

2nd paragraph.... I dunno. Ask the women who attended and who actually enjoyed the event but never got to have their say so in the article. Personally, I think those women are quite capable of judging for themselves if a title of a program is actually calling them stupid. Then making their voices heard loud and clear by attending or not attending. I think they are quite capable of making that decision. You seem to disagree in this instance.

Educated women made the decision on their own to attend without you telling them that the program for them is... stupid, sexist and insulting.

Maybe the best thing for these women to do in the future is to consult you, a male, and have you decide for them what is really sexist, stupid and insulting to them in a title and whether they should attend any such function.

It didn't seem to bother the women who attended is really my point.

Okay, let me try again.

1. I agree that the opposing voice was underrepresented in the POS article that was clearly trying to stir something up. No argument here.

2. I've never claimed to tell anybody what is insulting or not (despite your insistence that I am). My point is that we can reasonably ascertain that something might be insulting to a population (and I thought it was clear in this case, but clearly others disagree). It was evident to me that some would take offense at this from the beginning. Why? Well, if it's just a camp that caters to people who need a beginning course on football, why make it for women only? Men should be invited. The problem there is that it assumes that men don't need such a course (and as both Lefty and Tante pointed out, clearly I do). Do you not see the issue with that from a marketing perspective? Secondly, if the goal of the engagement is simply to reach out to all women, why imply that anybody attending would need a basic course? I'm not sure why people don't see how that could be viewed as insulting.

3. If the course is in fact designed specifically for women who desperately need a basic lesson in football, then I concede that it's well enough named. But I don't think that's the point, nor do I find that a prudent strategy for engagement.

4. I'm sure that some women attended (will attend) and enjoyed (enjoy) themselves very much and didn't give the name a second thought. Somehow it was never my point that such a creature would be as rare as Nessie, though you seem to have read that in my posts.

Orr just stirrin' stuff up. Nobody is this passionate about what might offend somebody else, maybe.

Okay, let me try again.

1. I agree that the opposing voice was underrepresented in the POS article that was clearly trying to stir something up. No argument here.

2. I've never claimed to tell anybody what is insulting or not (despite your insistence that I am). My point is that we can reasonably ascertain that something might be insulting to a population (and I thought it was clear in this case, but clearly others disagree). It was evident to me that some would take offense at this from the beginning. Why? Well, if it's just a camp that caters to people who need a beginning course on football, why make it for women only? Men should be invited. The problem there is that it assumes that men don't need such a course (and as both Lefty and Tante pointed out, clearly I do). Do you not see the issue with that from a marketing perspective? Secondly, if the goal of the engagement is simply to reach out to all women, why imply that anybody attending would need a basic course? I'm not sure why people don't see how that could be viewed as insulting.

3. If the course is in fact designed specifically for women who desperately need a basic lesson in football, then I concede that it's well enough named. But I don't think that's the point, nor do I find that a prudent strategy for engagement.

4. I'm sure that some women attended (will attend) and enjoyed (enjoy) themselves very much and didn't give the name a second thought. Somehow it was never my point that such a creature would be as rare as Nessie, though you seem to have read that in my posts.

2. I don't give a frogs fat ass. No you did not do it directly. Nor did the article. You and the article just do it in a back handed way. Like sticking the "Wide Load" stamp on the fat chick as she walks down the hallway and then saying, "it was that guy" and telling her she looks great.

Fine. If you think that women are not capable of making a distinction between a 101 course that specifically says in its curriculum

...consisting of meetings, film study and skill stations taught by MacIntyre and the rest of the CU football coaches. The stations will provide a hands-on learning experience in addition to a lecture format for participants of all skill levels.

and "this is a football. We might at times call it a pig skin..."

then I don't really know what to say. I give them a bit more credit than that.

3. Who ****ing cares what you think about it? Women attended it. Some of them maybe liked it. We will never know about that.

4. Didn't need to. It was your point. You decide for them what should or make them feel stupid, ignorant and whatever else it was.

I dunno. Have fun. Blame it on whatever.

Words are very scary! Beware!

Flying helicopters, 101!

Ooohhhh!!!

2. I don't give a frogs fat ass. No you did not do it directly. Nor did the article. You and the article just do it in a back handed way. Like sticking the "Wide Load" stamp on the fat chick as she walks down the hallway and then saying, "it was that guy" and telling her she looks great.

Fine. If you think that women are not capable of making a distinction between a 101 course that specifically says in its curriculum

and "this is a football. We might at times call it a pig skin..."

then I don't really know what to say. I give them a bit more credit than that.

3. Who ****ing cares what you think about it? Women attended it. Some of them maybe liked it. We will never know about that.

4. Didn't need to. It was your point. You decide for them what should or make them feel stupid, ignorant and whatever else it was.

I dunno. Have fun. Blame it on whatever.

Words are very scary! Beware!

Flying helicopters, 101!

Ooohhhh!!!

Your responses are so misaligned with my point, it's clear that either I'm not articulating it well, or you just don't understand.

I'll try to make this simple. If your goal is build inroads with a group, it would be wise to choose a name for the program that doesn't have the potential to offend a group. That way, rabble-rousing journalists can't write articles like this. I saw it coming, and folks in the AD should have too. I don't mind offensive things. In fact in some ways I celebrate them--but they sure don't help a marketing effort.

That's my whole point. This isn't about what people can and can't say. They can say what they want. This is about what is prudent to say in a certain context.

I'm not sure why your response to my assertion is so emotional, with all of your swearing and explanation points. Apparently words are very scary, because they seem to have quite a reaction to them.

But seriously, 4 Dem, this nonsense in which you're suggesting that I'm determining what is offensive is misplaced. Here's a question: Why do women need you as a man to tell them what's not offensive?

Now go have another drink and put that bus on autopilot.

Your responses are so misaligned with my point, it's clear that either I'm not articulating it well, or you just don't understand.

I'll try to make this simple. If your goal is build inroads with a group, it would be wise to choose a name for the program that doesn't have the potential to offend a group. That way, rabble-rousing journalists can't write articles like this. I saw it coming, and folks in the AD should have too. I don't mind offensive things. In fact in some ways I celebrate them--but they sure don't help a marketing effort.

That's my whole point. This isn't about what people can and can't say. They can say what they want. This is about what is prudent to say in a certain context.

I'm not sure why your response to my assertion is so emotional, with all of your swearing and explanation points. Apparently words are very scary, because they seem to have quite a reaction to them.

But seriously, 4 Dem, this nonsense in which you're suggesting that I'm determining what is offensive is misplaced. Here's a question: Why do women need you as a man to tell them what's not offensive?

Now go have another drink and put that bus on autopilot.

Don't you boss me around!

I think MM is regretting his decision to come to Boulder.

I do find it funny that no one made a fuss when HaLkins did this. I wonder if that was due to his "Boulderish" demeanor vs MM's southern accent.

Okay, let me try again.

Now don't get all hurt, I was just poking fun at something I see as a very, very small issue. You just got in the line of fire, voluntarily. We live in such an oversensitive world, just about anything is grounds for offense. If somebody gets bent out of shape because it is called Football 101 for women, or whatever it is called, I can't say I really care, nor do I think a person who is going to be truly offended is likely to ever be a supporter of any athletic program. JMO. I hope I didn't offend anybody, wait I mean anyone, oh wait, what's the inclusive PC term when you wish to include all living sentient beings?

huh? Explain moar, please.

I obviously don't know and I don't think he does but isn't this the type of Boulder crap that some coaches are warned about? Football takes a back seat to certain things here. Maybe it's a sign of an advanced community but it also takes the fun out of life.

I obviously don't know and I don't think he does but isn't this the type of Boulder crap that some coaches are warned about? Football takes a back seat to certain things here. Maybe it's a sign of an advanced community but it also takes the fun out of life.
That's a HUGE stretch to go from this minor incident to what you said. weird.

Back