What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Media coverage

Dan Patrick is on us today. All doom, need atleast $3 to $5 million for your roster each season or you are doomed for sure. Recruits dropping off, OC left, all the losses to end the season, etc...
Like I give a ****. Dude lost all cred after this

1701281328506.png

At some point universities will realize the current state is unsustainable and bad for college athletics. They will get together and add constraints to this all out free market cluster. Even a free market has constraints.
Nobody seems to want to give the NCAA that much power. Without an anti-trust exemption they probably dont want that power anyways. I dont think there is consensus yet. The ACC and the Big12 could be the ones to rally against Pay to play NIL and the Portal. The big boys will fight that tooth and nail.

Nobody seems to want to give the NCAA that much power. Without an anti-trust exemption they probably dont want that power anyways.
I was thinking more along the lines of the power conference schools forming a separate organization and establishing limits and controls.

I was thinking more along the lines of the power conference schools forming a separate organization and establishing limits and controls.
Thats probably what they will try to do. The problem is all the non-football sports. The NCAA controls basketball and crowns the champion in all the other sports. If you leave the NCAA for football reasons you could have a harder time recruiting in those other sports and going up against March Madness for money and viewers. And some of the schools in these same conferences are basketball schools to begin with. And Nebraska, for god’s sake, really needs Volleyball right now!

I think there is a degree of uncertainty starting to nag at college Presidents. But they want the exposure for enrollment reasons so they stay silent but attentive. But it looks a little wilder out there, and a lot more like pro sports, then academics probably like. At the same time all that is being pondered, alums are a pain in the Presidents ass, quiet and giving when the team wins, loud and selfish with their money when the team loses.

Push probably comes to shove when there are too many Presidents on the outside looking in and their alums start to demand the playing field be leveled again.

Reactions: DBT
... The NCAA controls basketball and crowns the champion in all the other sports. If you leave the NCAA for football reasons you could have a harder time recruiting in those other sports and going up against March Madness for money and viewers. ...
"could" leaves a lot of wiggle room, but I'm not seeing what you're seeing here.

the P2 schools are still going to have a ton of NIL money, and there's a number of schools in those conferences that have been perennial contenders in both football and hoops during the recent decades.

"could" leaves a lot of wiggle room, but I'm not seeing what you're seeing here.

the P2 schools are still going to have a ton of NIL money, and there's a number of schools in those conferences that have been perennial contenders in both football and hoops during the recent decades.
I took the initial comment to mean that the SEC and B1G would leave the NCAA to form their own XXAA type org and govern themselves largely to maximize football gains. Im saying that could be a disservice to their other sports.

The gist is this: if the P2 and their 30ish D1 schools form their own XXAA are their teams National Champs? Or is the competition with the other 100 D1 schools thru the NCAA tournaments National Champions? Money will answer that question.

Like the commercial says ‘this realignment is bigger than both of us’. And Its already getting pretty interesting. So *could* could mean a lot of different things.

Gotcha headlines earn clicks across all media subjects.
Unfortunately. All to often the headline is a completely different slant than the story that was published. It's a constant frustration I have with the way they're using headline writers divorced from actual content.

This is what annoys the hell out of me. It's suggestive of a problem in order to gain attention. Headline would have been more appropriate and accurate if it said "Offensive Coordinator from Deion Sanders' staff lands Head Coaching job at San Diego State".

So true - it's disgusting to see the phrasing and spin just for clicks. Not just here but across the board from the media. Buckle up because we're gonna prove em all wrong!

Back