What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA 2024 Basketball Tournament Selections Sunday (Men's show begins at 4:00 PM MT on CBS and Women's at 6:00 PM MT on ESPN)

I want a small pop-up screen on my smart TV to notify me if any game has an 8 point or less spread with under 5 minutes left (4 points at 2 minutes, 1st half.) I could then click on the small screen and the game would appear. Probably a couple of years down the road.

Its the only fane base that can tell @Goose to 'STFU and take take out the trash.'
Oh he married a KjSU alum?
I want a small pop-up screen on my smart TV to notify me if any game has an 8 point or less spread with under 5 minutes left (4 points at 2 minutes, 1st half.) I could then click on the small screen and the game would appear. Probably a couple of years down the road.
CBS/Turner should use CBSSN as like an NFL redzone type channel for the first weekend.

Put the bong down. Screaming “EMAW” and “you can’t farm for ****” is hardly smack talk.
Cal and Stanford fans struggle to show up to games, much less talk ****. LA sports fans only care about the Lakers. ASU fans are too busy giving each other STDs. OSU/WSU are basically MWC teams (despite the fact that Beaver fans think they're in a power conference protected by law), so **** them.

That's 7.

Cal and Stanford fans struggle to show up to games, much less talk ****. LA sports fans only care about the Lakers. ASU fans are too busy giving each other STDs. OSU/WSU are basically MWC teams (despite the fact that Beaver fans think they're in a power conference protected by law), so **** them.

That's 7.
And all of these are better than dipshits yelling “EMAW”

They are 12 spots higher than us. Seems odd.
More like 20 spots higher. I'm not sure how their NET got so bad with all their good wins (WSU). They had some bad losses the past few weeks and seem to be on a bad trajectory. I'm guessing they get bumped by Drake. I don't expect UA to get too far either.

Buffs were probably one conference win away from hosting.

If they get their mojo back they have a shot at making it past their future conference foes.

When you go 2-6 in the last 4 weeks of the season and lose your final home game the way they did, this is what happens.

If they don't guard the 3, they will not beat Drake if Berg gets hot. Drake beat Iowa State and lost to Iowa.

NET = Never Ever True

17 teams with worse NET rankings got higher seeds. This is a complete joke. Embarrassing really. Why even have the metric if it has zero bearing on seeding? South Carolina with a 6? WTAF?

NETSeed
Colorado2510
Boise St2610
TX Tech276
Florida297
Miss St31`8
Nebraska338
Nevada3410
Clemson356
Colo St3610
Utah St388
FAU398
TCU429
WSU447
TX A&M459
Drake4710
S Carolina516
Northwestern539
Virg5410

My Apple TV has been giving me close game alerts for years.

Going to be awfully fun to renew that rivalry starting next year in everything lol

What, exactly, do they have to talk **** about?

They’ve never won a championship in an NCAA sanctioned event, they have never won a conference tournament in the Big12, Manhattan is a nowhere town in a nothing state, they rank outside the top 150 schools according to USNWR and outside the top 500 according to ARWU, the so called ‘power towel’sucks, and they can’t even afford an entire mascot costume; just the head.

KSU should feel lucky to be associated at all with CU. I feel no need to have a “rivalry” with them in the same way the Nuggets don’t feel a need to have a rivalry with Manhattan (KS) High School basketball. Congrats to them (I guess) on winning a football conference championship on the back of Darren Sproles and a gimmick offense.

What, exactly, do they have to talk **** about?

They’ve never won a championship in an NCAA sanctioned event, they have never won a conference tournament in the Big12, Manhattan is a nowhere town in a nothing state, they rank outside the top 150 schools according to USNWR and outside the top 500 according to ARWU, the so called ‘power towel’sucks, and they can’t even afford an entire mascot costume; just the head.

KSU should feel lucky to be associated at all with CU. I feel no need to have a “rivalry” with them in the same way the Nuggets don’t feel a need to have a rivalry with Manhattan (KS) High School basketball. Congrats to them (I guess) on winning a football conference championship on the back of Darren Sproles and a gimmick offense.
K-State fans like hearing the bolded as much as Nebraska fans like being reminded they have the longest bowl drought in the power conferences right now. They'll change the subject on you so fast it isn't even funny.

If K-State fans are truly talking **** by saying you don't know how to farm, be sure to tell them that we learned a lot about farming from our time in the PAC-12, as California is the #1 state in the country for agricultural production. I'm sure they'll appreciate that lol.

NET = Never Ever True

17 teams with worse NET rankings got higher seeds. This is a complete joke. Embarrassing really. Why even have the metric if it has zero bearing on seeding? South Carolina with a 6? WTAF?

NETSeed
Colorado2510
Boise St2610
TX Tech276
Florida297
Miss St31`8
Nebraska338
Nevada3410
Clemson356
Colo St3610
Utah St388
FAU398
TCU429
WSU447
TX A&M459
Drake4710
S Carolina516
Northwestern539
Virg5410
I agree with you but shouldn’t they have done better than 2-6 if they wanted a 4 seed or higher. The men’s team lose the pac 12 title game but they improved as the season went on. Not surprised the selection committee put us as a 5.

I agree with you but shouldn’t they have done better than 2-6 if they wanted a 4 seed or higher. The men’s team lose the pac 12 title game but they improved as the season went on. Not surprised the selection committee put us as a 5.
Wtf are you trying to say?

He’s talking about the men, who were inarguably underseeded.

Although fwiw, Virginia Tech and Oregon State both received higher seeds and will be hosting on the women’s side; both had lower NET rankings than CU women. Oregon state, I understand, given the head to head results. Virginia Tech produced a better record but against a weaker schedule and in a weaker conference. For anyone saying VT finished better, they lost two of three to end the season and their final game involved them getting throttled by Notre Dame.

An at large is technically any team who doesn't win it's conference tournament.
WTF! I know what an at-large bid is. Are you having reading comprehension troubles. There was a question that was asked about how you can be the "last 4 in" and still be a 10 seed. I answered that at-large bids were 10's and higher, with 11's and lower going to AQ's. Previous years the At-large bids were 11 and higher, with AQ's being 12 and lower. Maybe I should clarify that the highest seed is a 1, the lowest seed is a 16. The NCAA has a policy that AQ's will not play in the "First Four" with the exception of the 4 lowest seeded 16 seeds. Every other AQ is exempt from the "First Four" games. Which is why you can be an AQ and be a 12 seed but a 10 seed was part of the "last four in" and thus has to play in the "First Four" game.

Can you be an AQ and be a seed higher than 10? YES.
Can you be an at-large and be a seed lower than 10? NO. At least not this year.

If K-State fans are truly talking **** by saying you don't know how to farm, be sure to tell them that we learned a lot about farming from our time in the PAC-12, as California is the #1 state in the country for agricultural production. I'm sure they'll appreciate that lol.
Plus we were the first state to legalize pot! Lots of indoor farming.

NET = Never Ever True

NETSeed
Colorado2510
Boise St2610
TX Tech276
Florida297
Miss St31`8
Nebraska338
Nevada3410
Clemson356
Colo St3610
Utah St388
FAU398
TCU429
WSU447
TX A&M459
Drake4710
S Carolina516
Northwestern539
Virg5410
I can understand the difficulty of schedule matters, but so does wins over selected teams. CU beat WSU 2 of 3 times, including tournament. And they get a #7 seed? Remember when CU was skipped over after beating KSU 3 times in a row and KSU was a #5 seed at large? Let's be honest. this is not a mathematical decision, and maybe should be. 36 at-large bids are not the problem the problem is the automatic bigs. . some one gets hot in a tournament and goes to the big dance with a losing record?? That's one spot an at-large team should have. Every NCAA tourney has a huge rack of sports articles about who "should" of been picked and who shouldn't. Get a clue NCAA. No more automatic bids.

Back