What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA 2024 Basketball Tournament Selections Sunday (Men's show begins at 4:00 PM MT on CBS and Women's at 6:00 PM MT on ESPN)

I need an explanation of how #10 seeded teams have to go through a play-in? Is it because the were among the "last 4 in?"

Also, watching the Gonzaga v St. Msry's WCC final (my son is visiting Gonzaga on Monday) my comment was "CU would beat them by 20 points." And they got a #5 seed.!

I need an explanation of how #10 seeded teams have to go through a play-in? Is it because the were among the "last 4 in?"

Also, watching the Gonzaga v St. Msry's WCC final (my son is visiting Gonzaga on Monday) my comment was "CU would beat them by 20 points." And they got a #5 seed.!
Three 11s went to bid thieves. Moved the first four games up a line.

The last four at large have play in games.

I don't like the play-in game, but honestly, this is a good bracket for us. We'll get a lot of exposure by playing that Dayton game; hopefully millions of people will see us stomping the Broncos. Huge opportunity for Cody...

Last edited:
Why are the bid thieves seeded so high? Are they contractually not allowed to be lower than an 11 or be a play in team?

Why are the bid thieves seeded so high? Are they contractually not allowed to be lower than an 11 or be a play in team?
If you win your conference tournament if you're.....New Mexico (for example), are you one of the last four conference champions?

Kellogg just called us getting to the R32.

Gonzaga was wildly over seeded. Not a lot to quibble about otherwise, imo. Most of bracket matrix had the zags at 7 or 8.

the godfather GIF

St. Johns players have voted to refuse to participate in the NIT Tournament after being snubbed by the NCAA

The committee takes the 32 AQs as in, then they hash out who the 36 at large bids are, then you take those 68 teams and rank them.

The bid thieves ended up being teams like Oregon and New Mexico that were 5, 10, 15 spots away from being at large teams, but are well ahead of the teams that are on the 12 and 13 seeds.

The committee really hates them some MWC unless your name is SDSU. And they say past tournament performances and perception don't matter but the only teams out west who got good seeds, maybe even higher than they should have, are SDSU and Gonzaga, 2 teams who have recent success in the tournament. FAU also got an 8 seed and many thought they might not even get in.

Back