What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA 2024 Basketball Tournament Selections Sunday (Men's show begins at 4:00 PM MT on CBS and Women's at 6:00 PM MT on ESPN)

How do we match up with Boise? Don't know much about them.
I DVR'd their loss to New Mexico Thursday night, and I'm going to go back and watch it-but looking at their Wikipedia page......here's what I see:

-They're a team Eddie could have a day against. Not very big at all. They have one 6'11" kid, but he's all of 230.
-Kid named Tyson Degenhart was their leading scorer 16 times. 6'8", 242 according to that. Going to need to defend him.
-No real bad loss on their resume. Worst loss is at home to UNLV.

Looks like somebody who we match up well with, but they're good.

Boise and Florida fans don’t seem thrilled having us as a potential first game match up.
I think one team who has been sent to the first four has made the Round of 32.

If you have to bet on one of the four at larges to get there.....its us.

Conference champs generally get out of play in games.

Right. The play-in games consist of:

- 4 lowest ranked (by the committee) AQ teams
- 4 lowest ranked at-large teams

Therefore 2 play-in games are 16 vs 16 seeds
The other 2 games are the last 4 who got in, which is usually two 11's going against each other or in the case of this year, two 10's going against each other

And schedule-wise, the two 16 vs 16 games are always the early games on Tuesday and Wednesday night, therefore we will be in the late game on Wed night (~10pm Eastern)

Reactions: DBT

I'm pretty sure two teams have made the final 4 from the play in game? What are you talking about?

You mean that has happened every year? Interesting.

I know at least one First Four team has made it to the Final 4, VCU

Damm, CU women don't end up hosting and will play in Manhattan against Drake, and then probably KSU
Buffs were probably one conference win away from hosting.

If they get their mojo back they have a shot at making it past their future conference foes.

Hopefully the brutality of the PAC-12 conference schedule has prepared the women's team for the NCAA. K-State is good. I don't know how they would have fared with our schedule this season... IF the Buffs play to their full potential, they can go far in the dance this year.

Basically the at-large bids are 10 and higher. AQ's that wouldn't make the tourney otherwise are your 11 and lower. Thus you may be the last at-large bid but you will still be seeded higher than a worse auto qualifier. AQ's with the exception of the 16's get automatic byes.
Bubble at larges. Arizona is technically an at large.

Let's see if the *********** can somehow manage to avoid losing to another 15. Dan Monson and Long Beach got really hot this week holy hell.

Back