What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Tournament General Thread

Pretty sure there has already been more offense in this duck-sooner game 3 minutes in then there was in Wisconsin-Notre Dame game.

Worst I've seen oregon's guards play all year. Plenty of credit due to Oklahoma though, they are cooking right now.

How would you change it?

Good Question. Never going to happen because of the money but I would cut the field to a maximum of 16 or 24. Of those 8-12 would be auto bids based on winners of regular season leagues. The balance would be determined through conference tournaments leading to play in tourneys for the remaining spots.

The dream of any school being able to pull off a run and go to the final four would still exist but for the minor conferences and the teams that didn't win their leagues over the season it would be harder. Be the best team for the season in a tough league and your trip to the championship gets a couple games shorter.

There would still be weaknesses and arguments but to me the current field is to large, teams are in that don't belong, and as a result the luck of the draw has a lot to do with winning an losing. Some teams get an easy path, especially if they face a team or teams that won in upsets in early rounds, others get teams that were weak most of the season then get hot at the end giving them tougher games.

I like the idea of a champion that was solid all season, did well in their league, and then wins a limited tourney against the best competition.

No system will satisfy everyone and the current one is popular with fans and with the money counters so I don't see it changing.

Way to represent, oregon. Gi ve up nine first half threes, outhustled for every loose ball, and can't make free throws.

PAC conf did not perform at all well in Dance. Hangover come selection Sunday 2017. Better plan on winning tourney next year, or no sure bet.

Awful effort by Ducks, great both ends of the court, OK.

PAC conf did not perform at all well in Dance. Hangover come selection Sunday 2017. Better plan on winning tourney next year, or no sure bet.

I don't think this will have much of an impact on 2017 selection. It rarely does unless we're talking about smaller conferences.

If any conference is going to get slammed it should be the SEC. Took the cream of the conference, gave them friendly seeds, watched them fail.

The media really makes a bit much of Syracuse's zone. I know this might come as a surprise, but teams do figure it out and defeat the Orange...13 times this season, in fact

It's more a case of teams not being used to playing against the zone for the better part of 40 minutes, and one that's executed as well as Syracuse does. It'll be less of a problem (and has been in the past) for a team like UVA that passes the ball so well and is very patient on the offensive end.

Good Question. Never going to happen because of the money but I would cut the field to a maximum of 16 or 24. Of those 8-12 would be auto bids based on winners of regular season leagues. The balance would be determined through conference tournaments leading to play in tourneys for the remaining spots.
Once upon a time they did that and ended up with lots of "Champions" from weak-kneed conferences that obviously weren't as good as a lot of strong 3rd or 4th place teams from good conferences. Plus there were definitely no "Cinderella's" and that's what we all like is the Cinderella chance. That, plus the opportunity to see blowhards (****Baylor and MSU, I am looking in your general direction!) go down early.

I don't understand officiating in basketball, generally. This game has done little to clarify how it works

lundquist feels compelled to remark that the 'pac goes winless for the sixth time'. I have no idea what he's talking about. Maybe senility.

We could have an all Big 12-ACC Final 4. But hopefully Nova puts a stop to that

Definitely want Nova, but two rivalries in the Final Four games would be fun it those teams advanced. OU looks to be getting back into gear over these last two games. Perhaps they could knock off KU

Kansas looks to be trying to do another Jayhawk tourney collapse. Long way to go in this one but Kansas does not look like a team ready to take this game.

Yet they don't seem to want to talk about the SEC being an absolute joke or the B1G not having a single team in the Elite 8.

CBS & ESPN have too much $ tied up in SEC football to mention that they've been at best a 2 team basketball conference for years. Still laughing at the thousands of B1G fans crying about Oregon getting #1 seed over MSU.

The P12 had an 8-4 record in the '15 tournament & 3 Sweet 16 teams. In '14, an 8-6 record with 3 Sweet 16 teams. This will have zero impact on next year's selection.

Back