What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska Game Week - Prime: “This is personal. That’s the message of the week.”

My nebraska friends have gone radio silent and are not making any snarky comments as of yesterday.
I do not want to go overboard on pile driving them into the ground, cause while 99% confident, do not need receipts in my face.
What theme is everyone using this week?

My nebraska friends have gone radio silent and are not making any snarky comments as of yesterday.
I do not want to go overboard on pile driving them into the ground, cause while 99% confident, do not need receipts in my face.
What theme is everyone using this week?
I said to my Nub friend, "It's hard to win at Nebraska. You've got to give him time. It's not a place like UCF."

I said to my Nub friend, "It's hard to win at Nebraska. You've got to give him time. It's not a place like UCF."
Ok, so I went hard at Coach Rhule and said I think he is a clown and thinks he is the smartest guy in the room and that 2016 NC Coaches show with Mac2.0 was so annoying that I truly hate Matt Rhule and now with lick lipping and taking a subtle shot at Prime, he is dead to me
As for the team, no real player angst, but I just think they are not that talented and with big NIL money, that surprised me.
Jeff Sims is not a good thrower and their corners are not as good as they need to defend us.

Anyone have a lead on a Fusker fan site that doesn't require a registration (and money). I, along with a couple of other regular posters here used to frequent the old Huskerpedia site ... there were some good dudes on there with whom it was fun to trade barbs ... especially in 2001! Unfortunately that site seemed to fade away a few years ago.

I'm curious to see what Fusker nation thinks about CU's performance against the Horny Toads and the prospects for this Saturday.

Just started watching film of their game against Minnesota

Defensively, they aren't getting much pressure unless it's a blitz. 9 is getting chipped.

Their run pursuit is sound.

I am not impressed with their corners at all. I don't see a strong corner or safety.

Minnesota QB is bad. He doesn't have any feel. His accuracy is spotty. He doesn't go through progressions. Doesn't give his receivers time to get out of their breaks.

Jeff Sims early on is a problem. His speed when he gets to the sideline is impressive. His size is as well. We need to have a permanent spy

Jeff isn't bothering to read the defense so far.

The OL is getting a good push in the running game. Must wrap up Sims before he gets into straight line speed territory past the edge.

Must wrap up, they have big runners and QB.

Rhule play calling leaves room to be desired

Their punter has a LEG!

They went with a lot of jumbo TE packages.

TCU plays better coverage than Nebraska and its not close.

Last edited:
Their running is real. Their strength in the OL is real. Sims depending how healthy can really run

That's what I'm worried about. What time is it there? Are you in the East? Or Houston? Can't remember.

Their running is real. Their strength in the OL is real. Sims depending how healthy can really run
IMO, CU will need to play a lot of cover 1 and 0 and load the box to stop the run. Nebraska doesn’t have the weapons or QB to consistent beat them in the passing game, so have to sell out against the run early, let Shedeur and the offense get an early lead and force them out of any kind of ball control offense

IMO, CU will need to play a lot of cover 1 and 0 and load the box to stop the run. Nebraska doesn’t have the weapons or QB to consistent beat them in the passing game, so have to sell out against the run early, let Shedeur and the offense get an early lead and force them out of any kind of ball control offense
Minnesota did that and he still broke edge contain with his power and speed. Minnesota just based on game 1 has a better run defense than CU. That said, let's see the adjustments CU can make. To me, this is the perfect game to unleash D. Kennedy as a spy.

Nebraska best offensive weapon is also Nebraska worst offensive weapon.

It's Jeff Sims. He's a difference maker with his legs and liability with this arm just based off of the last two years. He was much better early in his career but he has a lot less talent around him now and last year than previous years with Gibbs. He had 113 on the ground minus sacks. He even had 77.2 grade on the ground by PFF.

It's clear as day, if they get behind, their getting washed but they do have ways to win. This isn't TCU where at the end of the day, regardless if I underestimated our team or overestimated them, studs will be studs. They can literally play keepaway. That said, as you stated, we must stop the run and force the pass while avoiding giving up too many big runs to Sims and guys like Ervin Jr.

That's what I'm worried about. What time is it there? Are you in the East? Or Houston? Can't remember.
Houston my brother

Last edited:
I am seeing some of the same LB flaws with speed as I saw with TCU but I don't think these LBs cover in space as well as TCU LBs. I am watching the RBs and their TEs on Minnesota consistently get favorable looks but the QB read isn't there or the QB never made it to them in his progressions.

This Minnesota QB is really bad.

Nebraska might have a world of problems. That said, they are getting a decent amount of pocket movement with #9 early on. He's someone to keep an eye on. 0 gets the fruits of his labor.

They are a much more aggressive defense than TCU but no where near as disciplined and opportunistic. I see a lot of blitzes and stunts. Then again, I seen this a lot at HBCU land where the defense was extremely aggressive and than they turned conservative as Shedeur was cutting their ass up with quick reads.

This doesn't look good for Nebraska. Their best chance at doing big things on D is literally suspended for a half.

I am not seeing anything on the level of TCU defense on film. They maybe better in pursuit and tackling in the run game but that's about it. Other than when he was on Hunter, Josh Newton locked Javon Antonio ass down as well as the others when matched up on them. There is no Josh Newton here. Not even close.

If there is an area they are better than TCU, there safeties aren't as aggressive but they rely on their corners in coverage with how they play the 3-3-5. I think CU has a good chance to break for a big run against them if they get to the edge.

Last edited:
Minnesota playcalling isn't the best I've seen this weekend. In fact, it's the worse. While their QB couldn't handle much of the playbook. They don't really have good bail out options. The play calling and scheme just isn't good. Last year, Mo, Tanner, and Mike was so good, it made them look insane. Brevyn who's their returning superstar wasn't getting any good looks. This scheme might not be it for Minnesota.

Last edited:
You can read the forums on Huskermax, but they won't let you register game week to post. And they kick off anyone who posts negative stuff asap.
Thanks ... but how do you get rid of that annoying "Husker Fans Salute" pop-up that blocks the entire page? And are there no other Fusker sites than Huskermax?

People are making this too hard.

Season 4 Episode 10 GIF by The Office

CU has the skill talent to score on every play. If SS2 has time to throw, it will get ugly.

They do not have the skill talent to score quickly and will not be able to catch up if they are behind a couple of scores.

Think this is a blowout.

But seriously, to win comfortably, the CU defense will either need to stop the running game or get multiple turnovers.

It was hard to defend TCU’s run game bc they could throw and have solid passing concepts/talent.

Load up the box, spy Sims, and then watch him repeatedly throw it to our team

Our passing game can flourish against their D, wayyyyy less speed than TCU
Only thing about load up the box is we basically ran the same formation all game. Even with TCU’s success running I don’t think we had more than 4 DL and 2 LB’s in the game at any time

Back