What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska Game Week - Prime: “This is personal. That’s the message of the week.”

If CU wins the coin toss, do they take the ball or defer to the second half like they did against TCU?

I watched some of the Nebraska/Minnesota game. #1_Pick has some good analysis. TCU on offense killed the Buffs with their crossing routes. CU was unable to get much pressure on the QB. But TCU under Dykes is known for Offense - which is Dykes specialty so I don't think Nebraska will have the same offensive outing the Horned Frogs did. In fact, Nebraska does not appear to have a very robust passing game. I expect them to come out and try to run the ball and keep the ball away from CUs offense. If CU gets a double digit lead it will be hard on the Huskers as they will have to abandon the run and try to pass which is not their strength.

CU's offense looks very legit, obviously a lot of skilled playmakers. The real test will be the oline, the line looked better than I thought it would but I am not convinced that TCU's defensive front is all that good. On the other hand, I think TCU has a much better secondary than Nebraska does.

I don't think that NU can outscore the Buffs.
Their defense is probably better than what we saw Saturday. Nebraska's going to want to ball control us to death-so I think jumping on them early is going to make this game that much easier. Their offense can't keep up.

fusker tears are the best tasting tears. corn-fed and full of disbelief and righteous indignation...

shadeur and travis will be on everyone's heisman watch list after this.

What time is everyone getting into Boulder Saturday?
Big Noon goes live at 7 a.m. so I'm thinking no later than 6:30. Parking will be a problem.

Just heard that when Ruhle coached at Baylor his teams went 0-11 against top 25 teams. Hmmm...
Fake Surprised Season 8 GIF by Friends

playing the fuskers has a cadence to it that never changes.

stage 1: we gonna kill those weak little Buffs. they soft and we are mountains of masculinity.
stage 2: Buff fans are gonna murder us in our sleep when we visit boulder. beware good people of fusker-land.
stage 3: what is happening here? the refs are crooked and the Bufs are all steroid rage cheating thugs.
stage 4: our moral superiority will carry us through these dark times. thank goodness we are fuskers.
stage 5. spew vitriol at the Buffs until the next game.

rinse, repeat.
Frighteningly accurate. Needs mention of “piss snowballs” they swear are true. For a people who are no strangers to snow and how it works, I cannot believe the mass gullibility on that point.

The temperature energy chart of water is well established, and the claim does not add up. Reference the laws of thermodynamics. Attention: urineslush.

Frighteningly accurate. Needs mention of “piss snowballs” they swear are true. For a people who are no strangers to snow and how it works, I cannot believe the mass gullibility on that point.

The temperature energy chart of water is well established, and the claim does not add up. Reference the laws of thermodynamics. Attention: urineslush.
Don't forget about getting the FBI involved.

Just heard that when Ruhle coached at Baylor his teams went 0-11 against top 25 teams. Hmmm...

That's interesting. Yep - even that 2019 team that went to the Sugar Bowl did not defeat a ranked opponent.

We should win this game. If we slow down or stop Sims, it’s going to be a long day for Husker fans. I imagine the CO highway patrol will be out in full force on I-76 to prolong the misery of getting out of CO.
The National Weather Service in Boulder might have to issue a flood watch because of all the Fusker tears.

Last edited:
Just started watching film of their game against Minnesota

Defensively, they aren't getting much pressure unless it's a blitz. 9 is getting chipped.

Their run pursuit is sound.

I am not impressed with their corners at all. I don't see a strong corner or safety.

Minnesota QB is bad. He doesn't have any feel. His accuracy is spotty. He doesn't go through progressions. Doesn't give his receivers time to get out of their breaks.

Jeff Sims early on is a problem. His speed when he gets to the sideline is impressive. His size is as well. We need to have a permitted spy

Jeff isn't bothering to read the defense so far.

The OL is getting a good push in the running game. Must wrap up Sims before he gets into straight line speed territory past the edge.

Must wrap up, they have big runners and QB.

Rhule play calling leaves room to be desired

Their punter has a LEG!

They went with a lot of jumbo TE packages.

TCU plays better coverage than Nebraska and its not close.
You told us ahead of time but we had to see it for ourselves, Prime's team takes on the personality of Prime.

Against TCU this team had multiple opportunities to fold up the tent and take the loss, instead every single time they sucked it up, pulled it together, and came back with the play they needed to eventually win the game.

There is nothing that Nebraska can do that is going to rattle these guys, to win the game Nebraska has to win 60 minutes of football and just like in past years the game against Minnesota confirmed that they can't.

Nebraska had multiple opportunities to take control of that game and didn't. Every time they were close they turned the ball over or had a needless penalty or some other mistake to keep Minnesota alive.

They can't beat the Buffs through the air. Sims threw 3 INTs against Minnesota. He had a number of other balls that would have been INTs against our much better corners.

Their inside running game with that big OL against our DL is a concern. In order for them to succeed though that way they have to sustain long multiple 1st down drives, I don't believe they have the discipline to do it. A penalty, a missed block, a bad cut, Sims trying to be a hero and losing yardage, or anything else that leaves them in 2nd and more than 8 gives us a chance to make them throw (and with Sims it is throwing, not passing. Payton Manning passed the football, Tim Tebow threw the football.)

They have already lost the first game, a conference game in choke fashion. We need to make some plays against them and watch the "Here we go again" mindset show up on their team.

And by the way their fans know who they are as well. They will be loud and obnoxious at the start of the game but if we can be up by 14 or more in the 3rd quarter half of them will be in Sterling in time to catch the postgame shows on radio stations in Nebraska.

Whho are we expecting back?
Mitchell, Beebee, McCaskill, Smoke, Antonio (hurt?)? Jahquez? Vito Tisdale? Fauria?
Antonio was playing. Fauria will be back but I am not sure if he sees playing time this Saturday. I am really curious about Beebee's status. He can contribute most among this list.

Fusker WR Isiah Garcia Castaneda has a torn ACL. Saw that on some Nub twitter account.

Nebraska may go full blown Warden Tom offensively for the read of the year.

People are making this too hard.

CU has the skill talent to score on every play. If SS2 has time to throw, it will get ugly.

They do not have the skill talent to score quickly and will not be able to catch up if they are behind a couple of scores.

Think this is a blowout.

Yep, people are still triggered by the logo on the helmet. If these were the same players in Iowa State's uniforms, no one would be saying it will be close. It's crazy to imagine nub fans and CU haters advocating for them be one dimensional and thinking that will work. One dimensional teams don't win unless they are vastly more talented and physically more dominant than their opponent, which the corn are not. Kelly will have a plan.

Offensively, we can name our score. Could Shedeur break his game one record in game two? Probably, because the corn DBs are atrocious. But he won't need to. I think we get up early and see Often Ball get carries in garbage time.

Yep, people are still triggered by the logo on the helmet. If these were the same players in Iowa State's uniforms, no one would be saying it will be close. It's crazy to imagine nub fans and CU haters advocating for them be one dimensional and thinking that will work. One dimensional teams don't win unless they are vastly more talented and physically more dominant than their opponent, which the corn are not. Kelly will have a plan.

Offensively, we can name our score. Could Shedeur break his game one record in game two? Probably, because the corn DBs are atrocious. But he won't need to. I think we get up early and see Often Ball get carries in garbage time.
Spot on. Except Sanders won't duplicate his 500 yards because we will run the ball a lot better.

Back