What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska Game Week - Prime: “This is personal. That’s the message of the week.”

I am in the Philadelphia Airport.

God-forbid, if something happens to my plane. Someone else bring Tequila to sackygate, have drinks, and root for the Buffs because we better f'ing kill them!
BETTER NEWS.

Staying at the Embassy Suites in Boulder on Canyon near the Milennium.

C U THEN!!!!

At the interchange of i-70, and highway 6 a big white truck merged into me despite seeing me coming the whole time because he passed me as 6 connected to 70. Only reason the dumb **** isn't explaining to his insurance company why he's buying me a new car is because I slammed on the brakes and dodged him.

It was no surprise to me that he had a "go big red" sticker on the back.

But I am thankful. He gave me a chance to warm up for the weekend with some good hate and I was able to give him the proper greeting for our visitors.

PXL_20230907_163927141.MP_copy_768x1020.jpg

Yeah, **** the Rockies. Support your state and home team, assholes. I remember how excited I was when we got a franchise and EY belted out that first homer. I cannot root for them with this pandering to nebraska silliness.
They do also do a CU night. However doing so does not absolve them of this chicanery!

They do also do a CU night. However doing so does not absolve them of this chicanery!
Doing those nights over the summer is one thing. Doing a Nub Night during CU game week is a tone deaf insult to their community. It is more bottom feeding from an organization that gives zero fvcks about winning or anything else besides making a buck. I have been boycotting for years and won't go to a game until they sell the team.

Last edited:
I don't want to be the schmuck defending the Monforts, but the Rockies weren't even playing today, and the Nub alumni association rented out Coors Field. It wasn't a promotion or anything, and the Nubs paid them for it. Probably a lot.

Still annoying, but not quite the story that the picture implies.

This was the plot of the killer bee move from the 70's.

My landscaper was over yesterday. Turns out he is a husker fan so it started pretty quickly and by the time last night’s cocktail time arrived I had that old time feeling.

He’s generally a good guy but listening to him prattle on about their last national championship flicked the bean of my hatred for huskers like few things could. It was ‘97 for Christ’s sake…their chances of another one died with Princess Diana.

The only option they ever had to resurrect that zombie program was to hire a generational talent if it became available. An amazing recruiter, a coach that understands the modern college athlete and their desires and dreams. A coach that knows the game because they’ve lived it. Excelled at it. Achieved greatness through it. A coach that can rally a whole community, a whole university, an entire state, the complete sports media market to their cause with a unique blend of personality, skill and determination. Instead they hired ****-Chet from Weird Science and that pretty much ended all hope of their return to relevance.

But I, for one, expected no less. And expectations are what lie at the core of all of this. huskers cause their own problems with outsized expectations. Expect me to give a single crisp **** about what your team did 26 years ago. Expect naming Skeletor your AD to help. Expect hiring your former drunken coward of a QB as head coach to right the ship. Expect the hiring of an 11-27 NFL washout as your next coach to fix things and then sit slack-jawed while your league and rivals all call you ****ing idiots for it. The proud people of Husker Nation need to adjust their expectations. Live your lives, do your thing. You had a good run but it’s over.

Expect more mediocrity and you can find happiness in your canned soup of a life. Never waste a second thinking you’re ever going to be anything more than you are today. Because you’re not. Ever. But it’s cool. Every jungle needs dung beetles.

Tomorrow morning the Nebraska cornhuskers will carry their legacy and all the associated expectations into Folsom and it will cause them nothing but trouble. They’re going to run right smack into a faster, more skilled team led by more skilled and inspiring staff and they’re going to get pounded into the ****ing dirt. We will respectfully lay their legacy and expectations over them like a flag on a corpse…and then **** their moms.

See ya there cats and kittens. It’s game time.

Last edited:
My landscaper was over yesterday. Turns out he is a husker fan so it started pretty quickly and by the time last night’s cocktail time arrived I had that old time feeling.

He’s generally a good guy but listening to him prattle on about their last national championship flicked the bean of my hatred for huskers like few things could. It was ‘97 for Christ’s sake…their chances of another one died with Princess Diana.

The only option they ever had to resurrect that zombie program was to hire a generational talent if it became available. An amazing recruiter, a coach that understands the modern college athlete and their desires and dreams. A coach that knows the game because they’ve lived it. Excelled at it. Achieved greatness through it. A coach that can rally a whole community, a whole university, an entire state, the complete sports media market to their cause with a unique blend of personality, skill and determination. Instead they hired ****-Chet from Weird Science and that pretty much ended all hope of their return to relevance.

But I, for one, expected no less. And expectations are what lie at the core of all of this. huskers cause their own problems with outsized expectations. Expect me to give a single crisp **** about what this team did 26 years ago. Expect naming skeletor your AD to help. Expect hiring your former drunken coward of a QB as head coach to right the ship. Expect the hiring of an 11-27 NFL washout as your next coach to fix things and then sit slack-jawed while your league and rivals all call you ****ing idiots for it. The proud people of Husker Nation need to adjust their expectations. Live your lives, do your thing. You had a good run but it’s over.

Expect more mediocrity and you can find happiness in your canned soup of a life. Never waste a second thinking you’re ever going to be anything more than you are today. Because you’re not. Ever.

Tomorrow morning the Nebraska cornhuskers will carry their legacy and all the associated expectations into Folsom and it will cause them nothing but trouble. They’re going to run right smack into a faster, more skilled team lead by more skilled and inspiring staff and they’re going to get pounded into the ****ing dirt. We will respectfully lay their legacy and expectations over them like a flag on a corpse…and then **** their moms.

Poetry

But I, for one, expected no less. And expectations are what lie at the core of all of this. huskers cause their own problems with outsized expectations. Expect me to give a single crisp **** about what this team did 26 years ago. Expect naming skeletor your AD to help. Expect hiring your former drunken coward of a QB as head coach to right the ship. Expect the hiring of an 11-27 NFL washout as your next coach to fix things and then sit slack-jawed while your league and rivals all call you ****ing idiots for it. The proud people of Husker Nation need to adjust their expectations. Live your lives, do your thing. You had a good run but it’s over.

Expect more mediocrity and you can find happiness in your canned soup of a life. Never waste a second thinking you’re ever going to be anything more than you are today. Because you’re not. Ever.

Tomorrow morning the Nebraska cornhuskers will carry their legacy and all the associated expectations into Folsom and it will cause them nothing but trouble. They’re going to run right smack into a faster, more skilled team lead by more skilled and inspiring staff and they’re going to get pounded into the ****ing dirt. We will respectfully lay their legacy and expectations over them like a flag on a corpse…and then **** their moms.

Chet from Weird Science 😆

Expect more mediocrity and you can find happiness in your canned soup of a life. Never waste a second thinking you’re ever going to be anything more than you are today. Because you’re not. Ever. But it’s cool. Every jungle needs dung beetles.

You drink cocktails with your landscaper?

But I, for one, expected no less. And expectations are what lie at the core of all of this. huskers cause their own problems with outsized expectations. Expect me to give a single crisp **** about what your team did 26 years ago. Expect naming Skeletor your AD to help. Expect hiring your former drunken coward of a QB as head coach to right the ship. Expect the hiring of an 11-27 NFL washout as your next coach to fix things and then sit slack-jawed while your league and rivals all call you ****ing idiots for it. The proud people of Husker Nation need to adjust their expectations. Live your lives, do your thing. You had a good run but it’s over.

Tomorrow morning the Nebraska cornhuskers will carry their legacy and all the associated expectations into Folsom and it will cause them nothing but trouble. They’re going to run right smack into a faster, more skilled team led by more skilled and inspiring staff and they’re going to get pounded into the ****ing dirt. We will respectfully lay their legacy and expectations over them like a flag on a corpse…and then **** their moms.

Jesus. I hope we win!

dung beetle ball GIF

Why are you growing corn in your yard?

Back