What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska Game Week - Prime: “This is personal. That’s the message of the week.”

Welcome back. I admit that I was wrong and Rhule will probably turn kNU into a bowl team at some point this decade. I didn’t think his NFL failure stink would rub off enough for them to actually have a winning record, but he’s actually a decent college coach. Sims has so has so far taken a big **** in the success of the team, and it will be interesting to see if the team turns on him. They are getting it done in the moral victory department, sort of, but they will probably make the Bahamas Bowl in about 3 years
Celebrate Happy Birthday GIF by Happy Place

I hope they don’t ever make a bowl and that they remain a bottom feeder of the big 10.

I'm kind of preferring that no one under 30 remembers the Nubs having great teams and the new reality setting in each season for more of the people over 30 that NU will never be great again.
Not much to worry about.

They are in a conference with tOSU, Michigan, Pedo State and a bunch more.

The best they can hope for is an occasional rise to the middle.

From a die hard Husker fan.

View attachment 64522
I've grown to love our habit of rushing the field.

The ol' "act like you've been there before" nonsense is so stodgy.

A "celebrate and have fun" mindset is a lot more honest and representative of our culture to my way of thinking.

I've wondered if video of our fans rushing the field after Cal didn't help influence Prime's decision to come here.

Also, when our dumbass students rushed the field before the game was over yesterday, I saw a student get thrown down HARD! Several people in our section saw it and yelled when it happened. It was a big security dude that was dressed up (but with white sneakers) that did it.

Except, after watching the video taken from the field I'm pretty sure that it was Rick George that threw the student down. I often see him on Sundays, so I might bring that up.

Last edited:
Rushing the field is a byproduct of so many awful teams and seasons for the past 20 years. I suspect as our realization of having an increasingly competitive team, winning big games will become the normal and rushing the field will be reserved for truly epic wins. But it may take us time to get there.

Doesn't seem like too much bad blood going on here after the game:

See pic in article.
We have the ultimate alpha in the profession as our HC and none of these other coaches wants to find themselves in the media on the wrong side of the narrative that he is creating/advancing especially after getting beat.

Rushing the field is a byproduct of so many awful teams and seasons for the past 20 years. I suspect as our realization of having an increasingly competitive team, winning big games will become the normal and rushing the field will be reserved for truly epic wins. But it may take us time to get there.
I think the students just like rushing the field and might even do so after a loss.

@The Alabaster Yak ... I was referring more to what seems like a genuinely joyful smile on Prime's face ... not at all to Rhule's motivation on embracing him.

Last edited:
Wanted to post this before the game, but there is a video with Adam and the guy from Nebraska's 247 site that talked about the matchup, and also talked about guys to watch, or guys that were the best players from each team. The Nebraska guy mentions at 8:35 on this video about Nebraska CB Quinton Newsome and then they show some highlights of Quinton.

This first video shows a man-to-man moment where the receiver fakes out and then cuts inside off the line, and everything Newsome does is wrong, terrible technique, if you watch the other video I linked, which is Prime coaching his Cornerbacks, with one of the most important things is to use your outside hand/arm to disrupt the route/WR and then run with him. Newsome stabs with his right arm and whiffs, and is off balance immediately. If Newsome is great, and I hope he goes to the league, but he has bad techniques, because he is likely coached by a JAG Cornerback coach, nothing like Prime. This is an example of how Nebraska is low on talent and weak on coaching.

Prime's CB are and will be the best because of this detail to excellence.

I am thrilled that Matt Rhule is Nebraska's coach, it makes our chances against them better and better

Wanted to post this before the game, but there is a video with Adam and the guy from Nebraska's 247 site that talked about the matchup, and also talked about guys to watch, or guys that were the best players from each team. The Nebraska guy mentions at 8:35 on this video about Nebraska CB Quinton Newsome and then they show some highlights of Quinton.

This first video shows a man-to-man moment where the receiver fakes out and then cuts inside off the line, and everything Newsome does is wrong, terrible technique, if you watch the other video I linked, which is Prime coaching his Cornerbacks, with one of the most important things is to use your outside hand/arm to disrupt the route/WR and then run with him. Newsome stabs with his right arm and whiffs, and is off balance immediately. If Newsome is great, and I hope he goes to the league, but he has bad techniques, because he is likely coached by a JAG Cornerback coach, nothing like Prime. This is an example of how Nebraska is low on talent and weak on coaching.

Prime's CB are and will be the best because of this detail to excellence.

I am thrilled that Matt Rhule is Nebraska's coach, it makes our chances against them better and better

HA! I went to grade school with the Nub guy…the world is smaller everyday.

Back