What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NEW: Regents Meeting, Benson Decision, Investigation Report -- Monday, 6/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was a family member I'd implore them to go to the authorities. Not to call that person's boss. The way she went about this was to litigate. Notbthe normal way it would or should be processed.

This is a good point. Football coaches get paid a lot of money to know nothing other than how to coach and recruit football players. Why would anyone being harassed contact the harrasser's employer instead of the cops? CU crew didn't handle the best, but why were they put in this spot in the first place?

A co-worker (CU grad) were discussing this today. He said that at one time he had a goal of being a manager but with all of the liability these days he's glad he isn't one and no longer desires to be a manager.

Better to take the heat as the boss and get the big bucks. Hard to see consequences of working for a failed 'manager' = just as bad or worse.

Last edited:
Well, I hope MikMac gets the extension and he is around for a good long while. Given the traditional administrative bumbling, I would not be surprised if he were to entertain other opportunities if they came along. Hopefully, the extension has a hefty buyout provision to fund a HC search if necessary. Again, I hope CU won't be coach shopping for a long time. But honestly, the admin. could foul up a cup of coffee.

Let's stop with the assaulting of the personal character of a woman and individual who was abused, shall we?
While I agree with you, this situation has evolved from making sure she was safe and cutting ties with Tumpkin to a civil trial being litigated in the media with CU in the crosshairs. It's looking less and less like an effort in her part to stop the abuse and more like an effort to fleece CU for as much as she can. That changes my viewpoint on this situation considerably.

Hypothetically, if MacIntyre's contract extension is approved next week, will people continue to bump this thread daily?

This interview with Peter Ginsberg about defending Ray Rice while going after Commissioner Goodell's lack of clear domestic violence policy leads me to believe the victim's attorney would also be comfortable defending Tumpkin.

"To me, the most striking aspect of it was up until the time the public expressed outrage of what Mr. Rice did, the Commissioner showed very little interest or concern about having a viable policy dealing with these matters. If anything, I think the Ray Rice situation showed everyone how little the NFL cared about domestic violence up until that point and then only changed the policy because of the media circus that was involved."

The Ray Rice situation is a good analogy. How much did the Baltimore Ravens pay out in damages to the victim?

Reminder: message boards are not an effective place for people to display their best nature.

Last edited:
This interview with Peter Ginsberg about defending Ray Rice while going after Commissioner Goodell's lack of clear domestic violence policy leads me to believe the victim's attorney would also be comfortable defending Tumpkin.

"To me, the most striking aspect of it was up until the time the public expressed outrage of what Mr. Rice did, the Commissioner showed very little interest or concern about having a viable policy dealing with these matters. If anything, I think the Ray Rice situation showed everyone how little the NFL cared about domestic violence up until that point and then only changed the policy because of the media circus that was involved."

So, it's now the responsibility of the employer to adopt policy and monitor the employees home activities too? Good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back