What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NEW: Regents Meeting, Benson Decision, Investigation Report -- Monday, 6/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me that paying the $3.7M implies acceptance of guilt, which would probably drive George right out the door.
I agree with BJ on this one. You are allowed to be right and fight back against a law suit. And this one hear stinks of horse****.

The University of Colorado Board of Regents will meet on Monday to discuss the school's handling of allegations of domestic violence against former assistant football coach Joe Tumpkin. The school is expected to release findings from an outside investigation into how school officials responded after they were made aware of the allegations. If university president Bruce Benson decides discipline for any school officials is appropriate, it is expected that those determinations would also be announced on Monday. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-19597441

The University of Colorado Board of Regents will meet on Monday to discuss the school's handling of allegations of domestic violence against former assistant football coach Joe Tumpkin. The school is expected to release findings from an outside investigation into how school officials responded after they were made aware of the allegations. If university president Bruce Benson decides discipline for any school officials is appropriate, it is expected that those determinations would also be announced on Monday. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-19597441
So is there any chance they are vindicated and commended for their response, or is this only about how much they ****ed up?

hello-there-im-still-waiting.gif

Great, do it on Monday so it can be in the news cycle all week. Friday or long weekend would have been nice. Glad it is coming to an end but my fear is that they have set this up with the delays and crappy story line to where only some kind of hammering of the football program will tolerable. If this goes with a finding of training needed and some admonishments, I think the press will go crazy. We will see. Hope for the best expect the worst.

Great, do it on Monday so it can be in the news cycle all week. Friday or long weekend would have been nice. Glad it is coming to an end but my fear is that they have set this up with the delays and crappy story line to where only some kind of hammering of the football program will tolerable. If this goes with a finding of training needed and some admonishments, I think the press will go crazy. We will see. Hope for the best expect the worst.
Eh, great chance the Stanley Cup is over tonight, USA vs Mexico tonight, French Open ended today, NBA finals tomorrow, and U.S. Open coverage starting. Not sure you're going to find a busier time outside of football season.

R-E-L-A-X. Nobody outside of the fan boards has much knowledge that anything is even going on. Unless there is some dramatic, unexpected decision or fallout, this will merely be an announcement of Mac's extension as far as the general public is concerned.

i expect the self-flagellation will consist of enhanced training, revised policies, one or two public reprovals of administrators, and a set of apologies that we didn't do better.

i expect the press to make it a bigger story.

i expect that we'll see it in the news for a week or so and then it will all bubble back up to the top when the contract is approved in a month or so.

and, sadly, i think this is the best case scenario at this point.

i expect the self-flagellation will consist of enhanced training, revised policies, one or two public reprovals of administrators, and a set of apologies that we didn't do better.

i expect the press to make it a bigger story.

i expect that we'll see it in the news for a week or so and then it will all bubble back up to the top when the contract is approved in a month or so.

and, sadly, i think this is the best case scenario at this point.

FWIW, the Regents committed to taking up the contract extension this week during the last meeting.

The biggest problem we have is one regent who thinks she needs to sneak closed door info to Krieger. It has hamstrung the process tremendously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back