What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NEW: Regents Meeting, Benson Decision, Investigation Report -- Monday, 6/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think of the two, I'd be more distraught losing RG than Mac. But then, the ability to hire a new replacement for either a coach or AD could be compromised if this thing continues to escalate.

CU Athletics

LozvAZ9.gif

I'm wondering how much of this is being used against us in recruiting. We seem to be really slow on that front and losing out on a lot of premium guys we jumped on in the beginning.

I'm wondering how much of this is being used against us in recruiting. We seem to be really slow on that front and losing out on a lot of premium guys we jumped on in the beginning.
The short answer is it is being used a LOT and that current players have told recruits who have visited campus that the situation worries them.

The short answer is it is being used a LOT and that current players have told recruits who have visited campus that the situation worries them.
This is a pretty bold statement to say about current Buff players that are hosting recruits, without much to back it up. Why would current players be saying anything about this to recruits?

This is a pretty bold statement to say about current Buff players that are hosting recruits, without much to back it up. Why would current players be saying anything about this to recruits?
What do you want me to do, ask the players that have spoken with me to be recorded so I can post it on Allbuffs?

What do you want me to do, ask the players that have spoken with me to be recorded so I can post it on Allbuffs?
I get it, there's no "proof" you can provide, but that just seems ridiculous to me. If that's truly going on, those players need to removed from "hosting duties" immediately, because they are talking out of their ass.

I get it, there's no "proof" you can provide, but that just seems ridiculous to me. If that's truly going on, those players need to removed from "hosting duties" immediately, because they are talking out of their ass.

no. They're just being honest about their own in-secure situation. (not that schollies are at risk, but they probably want to know the coaching situation definitively). I posted it before, uncertainty causes a lot of stress and the players have to be feeling it.

no. They're just being honest about their own in-secure situation. (not that schollies are at risk, but they probably want to know the coaching situation definitively). I posted it before, uncertainty causes a lot of stress and the players have to be feeling it.
So this is basically commonplace at every program with a coach entering his 3rd or 4th year and is on the hot seat? And do we believe MM and staff hasn't addressed the issue with the team behind closed doors?

So this is basically commonplace at every program with a coach entering his 3rd or 4th year and is on the hot seat? And do we believe MM and staff hasn't addressed the issue with the team behind closed doors?

MacIntyre can address the issue till the cows come home, but the issue isn't under his control any longer. Will the regents approve his contract soon? Probably. But until the contract is approved the situation for the players, for the coach, and for the program is in a place of insecurity.

So this is basically commonplace at every program with a coach entering his 3rd or 4th year and is on the hot seat? ...
right, but we are a school coming off its most wins/season in a decade and a coach who just won CoY -- this shouldn't be happening to CU right now.

MacIntyre can address the issue till the cows come home, but the issue isn't under his control any longer. Will the regents approve his contract soon? Probably. But until the contract is approved the situation for the players, for the coach, and for the program is in a place of insecurity.
That's fair from an outsider's perspective, but I have a hard time believing that Mac and RG are just being left in limbo on this issue. If they are privy to the meetings with the Regents and involved in the policy change process, like reported last week, I can't imagine there is much uncertainty.

That's fair from an outsider's perspective, but I have a hard time believing that Mac and RG are just being left in limbo on this issue. If they are privy to the meetings with the Regents and involved in the policy change process, like reported last week, I can't imagine there is much uncertainty.

The context of this subtopic is that there are teams negative recruiting MacIntyre's situation and that current players might be telling recruits that they are insecure about the future of CU football...which all leads to making it harder for CU to recruit in the current atmosphere. We were not talking about what let's MacIntyre and George sleep at night.

The context of this subtopic is that there are teams negative recruiting MacIntyre's situation and that current players might be telling recruits that they are insecure about the future of CU football...which all leads to making it harder for CU to recruit in the current atmosphere. We were not talking about what let's MacIntyre and George sleep at night.
I felt like this was implied in my post, but in my belief that MM and RG aren't uncertain about their job security over this matter, they would have certainly had closed door meetings with players explaining as such to help get rid of any distractions or insecurities they may have.

At some point, weighing the cost of RG leaving may prompt a 3.7M payment. If, to just remove the cloud hanging over the program and I am not suggesting she and her lawyer deserve $ from CU. But the cost of potentially losing RG is enormous and probably increases daily as this continues.

At some point, weighing the cost of RG leaving may prompt a 3.7M payment. If, to just remove the cloud hanging over the program and I am not suggesting she and her lawyer deserve $ from CU. But the cost of potentially losing RG is enormous and probably increases daily as this continues.

Seems to me that paying the $3.7M implies acceptance of guilt, which would probably drive George right out the door.

RG has been fantastic on the facilities front but let's not forget who hired MM. if MM does leave and go to Baylor or another school in the near future, I'd really like to see who RG hires as football coach, as long as RG is here that is

RG has been fantastic on the facilities front but let's not forget who hired MM. if MM does leave and go to Baylor or another school in the near future, I'd really like to see who RG hires as football coach, as long as RG is here that is
That new coach at BU isn't going anywhere for at least 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back