What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NEW: Regents Meeting, Benson Decision, Investigation Report -- Monday, 6/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
So CU hires a law firm to investigate their own policies and asks Benson to make some changes. The report hasn't and won't be made public. Is this the justification that she needs to sue CU; that their admission that they need to make changes is the reason that she was abused?! The idea of suing CU seems more opportunistic than rational in my opinion.

That is insane. If CU fires tumpkin as soon as she notified them nothing would have changed with her. How would that have made her safer? This whole thing smells. this isn't about justice

So CU hires a law firm to investigate their own policies and asks Benson to make some changes. The report hasn't and won't be made public. Is this the justification that she needs to sue CU; that their admission that they need to make changes is the reason that she was abused?! The idea of suing CU seems more opportunistic than rational in my opinion.

I'd be curious how long they could protect that from FOIA requests. Probably only for awhile.

That is insane. If CU fires tumpkin as soon as she notified them nothing would have changed with her. How would that have made her safer? This whole thing smells. this isn't about justice

And if CU was wrong Tumpkin could have sued. Which would have been much uglier.

This forum is really the only place Ive been that seems to care in depth about this. The entire thing occurred between two adults, all off campus, and involved just one C.U. employee, who was innocent until proven guilty and hadnt been arrested and charged. Once it was discovered it was escalated and an internal review started.

She's a money-grubber, pure and simple

Yes and no. Yes, she is making a money grab where one should not exist. No, she got the crap beat out of her for two years by a monster that needs to be in jail which eliminates the "pure and simple".

lol put your female family members in this situation, do you realize what you are saying? If a female family member of mine went through this situation CU is the last person I would be mad at. I would actually be mad at the female for not telling me and telling the abusers boss, but good try on wanting to personalize the situation.

There is zero try on personalizing the situation. People don't understand domestic violence and the love and fear involved in a situation like this. But I get it, get mad at the victim is what you'd do. That's very supportive.

I don't think people are mad at the victim here per say. Think it's more about the process than anything. That's just my two cents.

I don't think people are mad at the victim here per say.

Oh, people very mad at the victim here. Most seem to be mad at her because she is suing CU, which makes sense it would cause a defensive reaction by CU fans. There have been some That have stated that they are mad at the victim beyond her suing CU; one clearly because he just hates women and another because she acted in a classic abuse victim fashion and didn't reach out for help. But mostly the anger at the victim seems to be normal human behavior based on her suing CU.

Fair enough, I'm not one of them. I can't pretend to know everything about their relationship because I didn't wanna read it. We had a dumbass on the staff and hopefully he gets dealt with.

There is zero try on personalizing the situation. People don't understand domestic violence and the love and fear involved in a situation like this. But I get it, get mad at the victim is what you'd do. That's very supportive.
I'm not mad at the victim, you just said imagine if this happened to a family member and I said I would be pissed that they told the abusers boss before they told me anything about it. I realize she was beat and that's really ****ed up but trying to move the blame from tumpkin to CU doesn't make any sense to me, which leads me to believe she is looking to get paid from this situation and it doesn't matter who it comes from.

It's just a ****ed up situation. Idk if there is a right or wrong answer besides zero tolerance for this. Fix the damn policy and keep it moving. The payout, let them decide if they should or not. Seems to me, it should come from him instead of CU but he was their employee.

If you accept DV generalizations, you accept that DV victims are people (some are men) with low self-esteem, who somehow find comfort in someone controlling their life and behaviors - often with verbal, sometimes physical, abuse.

If that's true, then is this victim calling the shots and making decisions, or is the lawyer controlling her now? Not to be unkind, but in the hands of an intelligent, greedy lawyer, she could molded like clay.

It's a shame there is no way to cut through the BS and see what she really wants and needs. I'm sure she would be happy with 1/10th of what her lawyer wants and personally doesn't blame CU or MM

If you accept DV generalizations, you accept that DV victims are people (some are men) with low self-esteem, who somehow find comfort in someone controlling their life and behaviors - often with verbal, sometimes physical, abuse.

If that's true, then is this victim calling the shots and making decisions, or is the lawyer controlling her now? Not to be unkind, but in the hands of an intelligent, greedy lawyer, she could molded like clay.

It's a shame there is no way to cut through the BS and see what she really wants and needs. I'm sure she would be happy with 1/10th of what her lawyer wants and personally doesn't blame CU or MM

Your first paragraph is wrong in most respects.

CUs handling of this is giving media time to get worked up

and this editorial piece is a perfect textbook example of the deteriorating standards and failing quality of "journalism."

it is gawker-worthy or perhaps huff-po.

you sure present a strong argument. what is the really, you lame? or are you just blowing hot air again?

It's obvious you have no idea what you were talking about.

What is the really? You aren't even making sense now. But you want an argument, here you go:

First, trying to categorize domestic abuse the way you did was over reaching stereotype. Secondly, abuse victims do not bring it on themselves either through poor self esteem or other character deficiencies. They happen into situations they did not foresee. Abuse is usually about control - on the part of the abuser. Some abusers may seek out situations they can exploit, but most do not. They end up in a relationship they lack the maturity or empathy to deal with appropriately. Most cases are as unique as the people involved.

Your post was as offensive as it was ignorant.

Last edited:
So wasn't she with him when he was at Central Michigan? Why not sue them as well? How about his parents? They raised him. Sue them too.

What does Dave Krieger (Haven't heard his name in a while) mean by "it looked like Regents might do the right thing?" Did Dave have inside knowledge to the investigation or something? He obviously knows more than the rest of us.

Last edited:
This is actually complete BS. If CU does this how they were supposed to she would have been happy.

Put your female family members in this situation. Then maybe you aren't so blinded by your CU love to question the integrity and reasoning behind a good person.

If it was a family member I'd implore them to go to the authorities. Not to call that person's boss. The way she went about this was to litigate. Notbthe normal way it would or should be processed.

It's obvious you have no idea what you were talking about.

What is the really? You aren't even making sense now. But you want an argument, here you go:

First, trying to categorize domestic abuse the way you did was over reaching stereotype. Secondly, abuse victims do not bring it on themselves either through poor self esteem or other character deficiencies. They happen into situations they did not foresee. Abuse is usually about control - on the part of the abuser. Some abusers may seek out situations they can exploit, but most do not. They end up in a relationship they lack the maturity or empathy to deal with appropriately. Most cases are as unique as the people involved.

You're post was as offensive as it was ignorant.
*Your

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back