What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

new rivalries

Good call though a few generations removed. This match-up has all the makings of a good, bloody, hated rivalry especially if BYU keeps stumbling alround

It could start this year. If it comes down to the winner advancing to the P12 title game and the other not when we play.

I think Utah has the potential to become a heated rivalry, but as others have said - only if both teams beat each other in important games.

I'd rather it not be a heated rivalry on our end, then. Hopefully they'll start hating us when we keep them out of the CCG for the second time.

Good call though a few generations removed. This match-up has all the makings of a good, bloody, hated rivalry especially if BYU keeps stumbling alround

If BYU can't get into a P5 conference, that series may well end up the way we see the CSU series - a game that should be a victory every year, and is only concerning when they're down.

Contrived? Hardly.

From 1903 until 1962, Utah and Colorado played each other nearly every year. By 1962, they had played 57 games.[1] At that time, it was the second-most played rivalry for both teams (Utah had played Utah State 62 times;[2] Colorado had played Colorado State 61 times[3]). After the 1962 meeting, however, Colorado and Utah stopped playing each other in football.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumble_in_the_Rockies
I am aware of the history between the the schools in the old Rocky Mountain AC. Today there is no rivalry and I find it hard create animosity towards a team I have no ill will against.

Back