What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oct 5th - Arizona @ Colorado

Just read that arizona has 9 interceptions this year.
OL needs to give Montez time in a pocket.
Montez needs to be careful with the throws.
I wouldn't worry about it too much, didn't they get like 4-5 in that Hawaii game?

Yep, we ended up winning the turnover battle by two and still lost. Remind me again, didn't you guys win the turnover battle against Ari Force?
Probably. But we had bad Montez that day. We could lose to anybody when bad Montez plays.

Conversely, we could beat almost anybody when good Montez plays. Will be interesting to see which Montez plays tomorrow.

Probably. But we had bad Montez that day. We could lose to anybody when bad Montez plays.

Conversely, we could beat almost anybody when good Montez plays. Will be interesting to see which Montez plays tomorrow.
Well, at least you know who will be your QB tomorrow. Reports are that Tate is better than he was last week but I doubt he plays. If he's not a threat to run he's very beatable.

Yep, we ended up winning the turnover battle by two and still lost. Remind me again, didn't you guys win the turnover battle against Ari Force?

I had never seen a defense give up 40+ to a team who turns it over 6 times. That takes mad skill-so props to Marcel Yates and your D on that. Steven is going to carve that defense up tomorrow

I had never seen a defense give up 40+ to a team who turns it over 6 times. That takes mad skill-so props to Marcel Yates and your D on that. Steven is going to carve that defense up tomorrow
You'll get no argument out me there. Yates has been a big disappointment. We've been better on D over the last few games, however it's been against lesser teams. Colorado will be the biggest test for us this season to date.

I am excited for tomorrow game. Showing up at noon!! Fingers crossed, as Khalil Tate (even on campus in street clothes), does give me the nerves. It is a Windbush thing, from that Kansas game way back. Would love to see a CU blowout and some of the reserves get some quality time.

My focus is more on defensive improvement given the new scheme, as I think this gives the Buffs the best chance to have a very special season. No offense to the offense, but we know what we have and it is just about execution. I re-watched the ASU tape and made the following observations:

1. ILBs: Although the stats said otherwise, I thought Landman had his best game of the season. He looked like he was playing faster (i.e. getting more and more comfortable with the scheme). His tackles were crisp and no extra yardage. JVD had a nice game. Akil Jones keeps making plays, the sky is the limit. He can shed some blocks and make plays in crucial times.

2. OLBs: He was not on the stat sheet, but Carson Wells played good coming off an injury. He showed some improvement/skill in pass coverage, which has been nil except for the Star position. It seems like he held the edge fairly well and was mostly in position engaging the blocks. I hope to see more of Callier as he becomes healthy. I think he brings a little more speed to the position. Falo is putting together a nice senior season. When he is on the field, it seems like he is always near the action.

3. Star Backer--Taylor has been steady and good. Played 65 plays. His coverage skills look better, perhaps they are throwing away from him some. Just a solid game.

4. DLine-- given their youth and Mustafa out, they played real solid. Also, they made great plays down the stretch. This group did not get tired out and held the line of scrimmage on many plays. Conditioning, heart and hustle are necessary given their youth and they seem to have it.

5. CBs-- Slim and Miller were great injuries and all. Sometimes they may get beat, but they make up for it with TFL, QB pressures, run stops, etc...

6. Safety--Rackstraw PAC-12 weekly team. Onu solid yet again. The secondary is really progressing well. At the season's start this was a big unknown. They get an A. Sure the secondary gives up a bunch of pass yards, suffer a busted play here or there, but from game 1 to now, much improved.

Man, I can not wait to be in Boulder tomorrow... High of about 67 is what they are saying now and sunny! great football weather.

College basketball starts earlier every year it seems like. It starts on Nov 5? Didn't the first games used to be after Thanksgiving? Or T-Giving holiday tournies?

I am excited for tomorrow game. Showing up at noon!! Fingers crossed, as Khalil Tate (even on campus in street clothes), does give me the nerves. It is a Windbush thing, from that Kansas game way back. Would love to see a CU blowout and some of the reserves get some quality time...........
WHY SO LATE???

I am a former Bingo caller. Now retired. Yep. Lots of 70 year olds with oxygen bottles. I loved working the pickle counter!
One time B2 came up and I announced, “2 B...or not too be, that is the question.” The old people just stared at me like, “You stupid ****er! Just call the damned balls and don’t try being a comic!”

Gary Barnett said on the radio that he is doubtful Viska is healthy for tomorrow and expects more of Daniel Arias and possibly even little Shenault.

You'll get no argument out me there. Yates has been a big disappointment. We've been better on D over the last few games, however it's been against lesser teams. Colorado will be the biggest test for us this season to date.

I can't disagree with you from what I've seen of y'all. You should learn a lot about your D tomorrow-our offense is pretty good. I don't think TT (First year under Wells) and UCLA (who flat out sucks) are offensive juggernauts.

Gary Barnett said on the radio that he is doubtful Viska is healthy for tomorrow and expects more of Daniel Arias and possibly even little Shenault.

Assuming he was on 92.5? I'd like to listen to that if I can find it.

Back