What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2013 CU @ Utah Game Thread

This isn't the kind of game that makes anybody get "off the train". It's just a crappy game by a bunch of undersized, under-talented underclassmen playing on the road against a team playing it's last home game of the year. Utah wants it more. It's a shame, but it's the truth.

:nod:

It doesn't excuse CU's lack of fire, but this is a Utah team that's been good enough to go toe-to-toe with the rest of the Pac-12. Especially in the trenches. Lots of close losses for them this year. They're a lot better than we are.

It doesn't excuse CU's lack of fire, but this is a Utah team that's been good enough to go toe-to-toe with the rest of the Pac-12. Especially in the trenches. Lots of close losses for them this year. They're a lot better than we are.
I expected to have a very tough time moving the ball. I didn't expect them to ring us up for 21 points and 230 yards in the first half.

Whoa just heard from my inside source in the locker room. Players are going off on how they'll handle the second half. They are screaming, and I mean screaming the same thing: "Thank you sir, may I have another".

Sorry no excuse to lay an egg like this in the last game. Defense will be bad for tje foreseeable future withno legit help on the way

Especially at home. Beat Furd. Took ASsU and UCLA to the wire. OT loss to the Beavs. Their problem is that they're almost as bad on the road as we are.

Still, that's no excuse for the degree of ugly this has apparently been....

As horrendous as we are, without PRich dropping that one bomb, and Sefo severely overthrowing 2 wide open TDs, it would be tied.

And we must lead the nation in allowing conversions on 3rd and 9.

utah has been good at home. we're all disappointed. i'm not quite at buffnik's toe to toe perspective....but this Ute team had expectations. we didn't know wtf to think other than we've been bad bad for a long time and we had a new coach.

another long off season and not a lot to take good from this one last game so far.

game ain't over.

I expected to have a very tough time moving the ball. I didn't expect them to ring us up for 21 points and 230 yards in the first half.

The beating Sefo is taking is much more concerning to me.

Sefo's had a horrible passing day so far. He started out throwing well, though. I think those early shots he took (and his fumbles) got to him. He needs to get his head right for the 2nd half.

utah has been good at home. we're all disappointed. i'm not quite at buffnik's toe to toe perspective....but this Ute team had expectations. we didn't know wtf to think other than we've been bad bad for a long time and we had a new coach.

another long off season and not a lot to take good from this one last game so far.

game ain't over.

Here are Utah's 7 losses:

-3 to Oregon State in OT at home
-7 to UCLA at home
-11 at Arizona
-16 at USC
-1 to ASU at home
-23 at Oregon
-12 at Washington State

On the road, they lost by double digits. But at home that's 3 losses to bowl teams by a combined 11 points. They also beat Stanford at home.

I don't think there's any reason to go all chicken little just because we're losing to a team to whom we were 16.5 point underdogs.
No chicken little here, just tired of everybody not from Berkeley kicking the living **** out of the Buffs.....this is the battle for the basement in the P12 S and CU is firmly in control of the cellar.

I don't think there's any reason to go all chicken little just because we're losing to a team to whom we were 16.5 point underdogs.

We're 16.5 pt dogs because we have no defense or offense, and based on recruiting it might even get worse

By all means, let's continue to roll over for conference opponents. It's expected, so it's all good.

Whoa just heard from my inside source in the locker room. Players are going off on how they'll handle the second half. They are screaming, and I mean screaming the same thing: "Thank you sir, may I have another".

yes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 57
Great kick by Oliver, and great recovery by TJ. Good start, now let's do something!

Here are Utah's 7 losses:

-3 to Oregon State in OT at home
-7 to UCLA at home
-11 at Arizona
-16 at USC
-1 to ASU at home
-23 at Oregon
-12 at Washington State

On the road, they lost by double digits. But at home that's 3 losses to bowl teams by a combined 11 points. They also beat Stanford at home.

i'm not disagreeing with you about home for the utes. you'll see i agreed with you in the post. i think we all know they beat Stanford.

to me, double digit losses all are not "toe to toe". AZ, ASU, Wazzou aren't exactly world killers such that a double digit loss are a moral victory. -23 at UO is a 3 score loss for a UO team that looked unbeatable 3 weeks ago. now, not so much. not toe to toe. double digit losses.

i'm not trying to fight....i think toe to toe is a game that is decided in the last 5 minutes of the 4th Q. not we were sort of in it or covered backdoor. or played better than everyone expected.

this Ute had higher expectations than 4-7 thus far. fact is they are 4-7.

That's how you stop the screen play, guys! Give absolutely no effort to rush the QB and you all end up standing next to the RB he's trying to throw to. Beautiful! Just beautiful! :lol:

Back