What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 All-in-One Assistant Coaches Compendium Thread - hagan in, bernardi to te, adams ol -

Putting this here because somebody mentioned Lindgren at one point.

List of possible OC candidates for Oregon (from the Oregonian newspaper):
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2015/12/oregon_ducks_potential_offensi.html
Matt Lubick - Oregon WR
Zak Hill - EWU QB/Passing Coord
Tim Cramsey - Montana St OC
Pep Hamilton - Former Colts OC
Eric Morris - TTU OC
Sean Lewis - Bowling Green co-OC
Ryan Day - Philly Eagles QB coach
Brett Elliot - James Madison co-OC

Pep Hamilton would be a huge get for the Buffs. . . .probably too big a fish to land as our OC. Tough seeing Walters leave, but he is talented and going places. Wonder if we'll regret not promoting him here. . . .?

One thing I don't know if we've talked about is the job of Recruiting Coordinator. It seems to me that this would be a good promotion for Tumpkin that he has earned.

One thing I don't know if we've talked about is the job of Recruiting Coordinator. It seems to me that this would be a good promotion for Tumpkin that he has earned.
Why would you do that? He's one of the few assistants that have shown the ability to recruit. A ****ty recruiter could handle the headaches of that job without sacrificing recruiting efficiency.

How does the following sound?
Chivarini at wr
Levine at STC and tight ends
Klemm at OL
Seumalo at DL
Roper qb and OC
Levine and Chivarini recruit tx (making Jeffcoat expandable)
Klemm and Seumalo and Chivarini recruit so cal with Seumalo also recruiting the islands.
That's a lot of change for one year but it would pay dividends in recruiting. Klemm is really to only reach; but at some point we need to do threat to compete

That's a crew I wish we'd have had with the salary pool the first time around. Almost too much shakeup but it's not realistic that all of those would happen.

Brent Pease (Washington, formerly Florida OC/WR) is available. Pretty convenient timing.

Some changes at UDub:

Montana State: Washington defensive line coach / special teams coordinator Jeff Choate is Montana State's new head coach. Choate spent two years at UW, and most of his coaching career has been in the Pacific Northwest, including stops at Boise State, Utah State and Montana Western.

Washington: Wide receivers coach Brent Pease will not return next season, and he will not coach in UW’s bowl game. Pease spent two years at UW after two years as Florida’s offensive coordinator.

I just realized my source is Howell, so now I'm not certain.

In todays quotes from RG that Howell tweeted RG says there is a multi-year contract available. So I'm guessing that the initial multi year deal was for maybe 5 years and for the last few years Kritza has been on a 1 year at a time deal.

Honestly, if another multi-year contract is available (it may be taken for volleyball), MacIntyre better be reaching out to OC candidates. He at least has to ask if he can offer them a bit of security.

Regarding EB, I think the truth is out there. He's a great RB coach. He's a very motivating coach. He might have made a great ST coordinator in addition to his RB responsibilities here. He might have even been successful as an OC if he'd been under a HC who had OC chops (like the situation Walters is going into). And he might very well be more suited to being a HC than being an OC since he reminds me of a guy like Bill Cowher in terms of coaching style. I can see why he's getting looks for a HC job. Most likely this is the year he gets his name out and as a potential candidate and gets people familiar with him through the interview process, but it takes him another couple/few years before landing a HC job.

To be clear, EB was a part of the debacle I mentioned and that staff had to be let go. In retrospect, the whole AD was a mess back then, but Tad's success blinded some of us (including me) to that fact. I'll always root for EB, though, as I presume almost all of us will.

Both the OL coach at Arizona and at Cal look good. If there HC's move east they may want to stay in the Pac12. Mac has a lot of options to upgrade this staff.
BYU OL coach would be good too if he becomes available.

We might want to take a look at whoever has been running Bowling Green's offense the last few years. They've been putting up monster numbers, mostly passing, but a decent run mix. There were co-OC's, and with Babers leaving one of them might be available.

Has MacIntyre had any public comments about Walters leaving? I have only read quotes from George on the subject. It is not as if MacIntyre is out of town. Weird.

Has MacIntyre had any public comments about Walters leaving? I have only read quotes from George on the subject. It is not as if MacIntyre is out of town. Weird.
He's probably busy working instead of giving interviews. Just a thought.

Ted Gilmore?

We know he can coach WRs, maybe he's up for a promotion to ST coordinator.

I just hope they do this a little quicker this year, there are a lot of staffs to be filled out.

He said, "I can't believe that son-of-a-bitch stabbed me in the ****ing back like that!"

You see, we have now have an AD that understands that if any "sensitivity" vis-a-vis a comment to the "press" is called for, you do not, under any circumstances, allow the head football coach to do it.

Just saw a very intriguing suggestion from Ag&Au on the Rivals board:

Pep Hamilton -- former Stanford OC under Shaw was fired as OC of the Indy Colts this month

Pep Hamilton -- former Stanford OC under Shaw was fired as OC of the Indy Colts this month
Someone suggested him here weeks ago. Duff poo poo'd it.

Lots of NFL in that background. Not as much time recruiting.

Team(s) as a coach/administrator
1997–2001 Howard University (QB)
1999–2001 Howard University (OC)
2003 New York Jets (Offensive QC)
2004 New York Jets (QB)
2005 New York Jets (WR)
2006 San Francisco 49ers (QB)
2007–2009 Chicago Bears (QB)
2010 Stanford (WR)
2011–2012 Stanford (OC/QB)
2013–2015 Indianapolis Colts (OC)

If MMac wants to replace Lindgren, Roper is the most likely candidate. If that is the coach MMac wants he needs to act fast.
With Muscamp going to USC he supposedly wants Roper too.

I think Hamilton would struggle to run the offense he wants with our personnel.

We need a lights out recruiter. I'll take a A+ recruiter and a C position coach any day of the week.
Id bet most great recruiters are also good position coaches. There are reasons certain people are good at jobs.

Id bet most great recruiters are also good position coaches. There are reasons certain people are good at jobs.
Probably true, but I'd hate to have Mac take a balanced approach to picking a new WR coach...pick the best recruiter.

We need a lights out recruiter. I'll take a A+ recruiter and a C position coach any day of the week.

Totally agree. You need to have great coordinators to make that setup work, but within that I'd rather a position coach be known more as a recruiter & motivator than as a technique guru.

Justin Wilcox out at SC

Tee Martin and Simon staying

Makes sense in that Helton has no loyalty to these guys. He was a holdover from Kiffin. Can now put his stamp on the program and cut out the Sark frat that wasn't getting it done. He kept the three strongest recruiters which was a great move and being SC they'll pay top dollar for a big shot coordinator or Pat Haden will be raked over the coals by the fanbase for not hiring to their standard.

Easy on coveting the available coaches from this move. We have enough intel on Chris Wilson to know he'd probably be okay although Jeffcoat is down the list of liabilities. Connelly (OL) is regarded by the fanbase as a bum and Nansen (RB/ST) is a drinking buddy of Sark's. It would be nice to see some movement in our coaching staff soon as other coaches seem to have no reservations about quickly announcing turnover.

Back