What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel Thread - How safe is Kevin Sumlin´s job?

So apparently there is a ton of interest in the UCF job. Feldman said Geoff Collins, the UF defensive coordinator will get a long look.

no excuse, but Golden only had full scholarships his first year.

the cycle is supposed to go:
  • Miami gets the best Florida recruits.
  • Miami wins
  • Miami gets caught
  • Miami loses scholarships
  • UF and FSU get the top recruits for a few years
  • Miami gets off probation
  • repeat
IIRC, Maimi had just gotten back to full scholarship levels and Al didn't really have his time to make hay while the sun shone.

Al Golden. Another can't lose name tossed around ad nauseum like Charlie Strong to replace Embree/Hawkins. Yet here they are as guys that couldn't get it done at college's premium destinations.

So apparently there is a ton of interest in the UCF job. Feldman said Geoff Collins, the UF defensive coordinator will get a long look.

Not surprising. New facilities, a ton of support and great recruiting grounds. That's a place someone can win in a hurry.

Local talking heads ranked the college coaching openings.

1. UCF
2. SCar
3. (distant) the U

Don't really care if they're right or wrong, just interesting to see the perception of desirable coaching jobs.

Local talking heads ranked the college coaching openings.

1. UCF
2. SCar
3. (distant) the U

Don't really care if they're right or wrong, just interesting to see the perception of desirable coaching jobs.

The clear number one isn't even on their list. Solid analysis on their part.

If I had to list the places where I think it's possible to win 2 or more national titles in a 5 year period, it's a short list and Miami is on it. Maybe at the top of it.
This used to be true, but now I completely disagree for one big reason that effects many things. Money.

Miami cannot afford to pay a coach what an SEC, Pac, or B1G can, due to the fact that they lack the television money that comes from having a league network. Miami will not pluck a top HC from another program and be able to pay him $4M+/year. This lack of funds trickles down to all other aspects of the program as well, including facilities and Miami actually building an on-campus stadium. Miami can be good again, but I doubt they are competing for a NC any time soon.

I can't comprehend that someone would try to say UCF is a better job than miami. I understand UCF has stepped it's game up and miami has slid but it's still not even that close.

I have a seizure condition which I'm luckily able to control. I've always rooted for Kill to both do well and keep his seizures under control.

Not that I've ever done it, but I imagine being a collegiate head coach is not the best profession for someone to have if they're trying to control a seizure condition, though.

Hopefully he can find peace with his decision, and hopefully he can find fulfilling work that is more suitable with the lifestyle that his medical situation probably is forcing him to lead.

Very sad about Kill. The guy put Minnesota on solid footing and who knows what he might have been able to do if healthy.

I have a seizure condition which I'm luckily able to control. I've always rooted for Kill to both do well and keep his seizures under control.

Not that I've ever done it, but I imagine being a collegiate head coach is not the best profession for someone to have if they're trying to control a seizure condition, though.

Hopefully he can find peace with his decision, and hopefully he can find fulfilling work that is more suitable with the lifestyle that his medical situation probably is forcing him to lead.
I do too, unfortunately my med doesn't always work. I can feel one coming on and then just have to go through it. Pretty scary, woke up in ER 2 or 3 times already because of them. Some of them are worse than others.

You guys with seizure disorders, have you read/tried eating a low carb high fat diet. There have been significant benefits noted in eating as such. 80% healthy fats, 15% protein, and 5% carbs. Kill was doing this and had improved drastically for awhile. The eating plan was first developed in the early 1900's for children with seizures.

You guys with seizure disorders, have you read/tried eating a low carb high fat diet. There have been significant benefits noted in eating as such. 80% healthy fats, 15% protein, and 5% carbs. Kill was doing this and had improved drastically for awhile. The eating plan was first developed in the early 1900's for children with seizures.

Thanks for the suggestion. It sounds awful. ;)

Luckily I'm in relative control of mine. My drugs work for the most part, and I know my biggest triggers and can stay away from them. As long as I stay away from caffeine and alcohol (boo), and get a regular amount of sleep every night, I'm pretty much okay. But if it ever gets worse, I'll remember that idea.

I do too, unfortunately my med doesn't always work. I can feel one coming on and then just have to go through it. Pretty scary, woke up in ER 2 or 3 times already because of them. Some of them are worse than others.

Yeah, I hate the feeling of them coming on. I actually stay conscious for most of them, which sucks worse than losing consciousness for me. Either way though, it sucks. Hate going to the ER, getting all the scans, knowing I'm not going to get to drive for a long time.

Hope you stay seizure free brother.

Thanks for the suggestion. It sounds awful. ;)

Luckily I'm in relative control of mine. My drugs work for the most part, and I know my biggest triggers and can stay away from them. As long as I stay away from caffeine and alcohol (boo), and get a regular amount of sleep every night, I'm pretty much okay. But if it ever gets worse, I'll remember that idea.

It's a wonder that the Hawaii game didn't kill you. :LOL:

Yeah, I hate the feeling of them coming on. I actually stay conscious for most of them, which sucks worse than losing consciousness for me. Either way though, it sucks. Hate going to the ER, getting all the scans, knowing I'm not going to get to drive for a long time.

Hope you stay seizure free brother.
I remember even getting them as a kid. They are just way stronger now, well most of the time. They told me alcohol didn't cause mine but that it didn't help either. Doesn't matter, I made a promise to my significant other I'd quit so I'm gonna keep my word. Last one I had was a little over a month ago so hope I don't have anymore. Right back at ya bro, hope you don't have anymore either. Hell, the last one I had, I bit my tongue really hard and my folks said I had blood flowing out of my mouth. Scared my son something fierce. We were all going to Durango to catch a movie and eat. Next thing I know, I woke up at their house and I'm like Wtf happened? Scary stuff. Sorry to jack the thread a little guys.

BACON!

I am doing that now. Just finished week 6 and am down 30 lbs. I don't have any seizure issues, but can tell you I feel a ton better than when eating a carb style of eating plan.

Back