What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

Let me bring some levity to this-Art Briles will not be a college coach next year. There's not a president in the country who is insane enough to want the circus he's gonna have coming to their campus.

Did the CSU head coaching search come down toe Bobo and Vance Bedford after frost declined? Man that's a rough decision making process.

I have a buddy who is a big CSU fan. Season ticket holder, donor, alumnus, the whole nine yards. He's convinced CSUs problems are with the coach. I don't have the heart to tell him that Bobo is probably as good as they can get.

Lots of delusion in the Fort these days. It's kind of sad.

I have a buddy who is a big CSU fan. Season ticket holder, donor, alumnus, the whole nine yards. He's convinced CSUs problems are with the coach. I don't have the heart to tell him that Bobo is probably as good as they can get.

I always have the heart to make CSU fans feel ****ty. The problem is they are so delusional, the moment you say something, they go into extreme bunker mentality, trying to combat it with irrelevant statements about CU's futility the last decade.

I always have the heart to make CSU fans feel ****ty. The problem is they are so delusional, the moment you say something, they go into extreme bunker mentality, trying to combat it with irrelevant statements about CU's futility the last decade.

Which is just sad. Because when they go there, all they're saying is that CU went as low as a P5 program can possibly go... and still beat CSU most of the time.

I heard the Big XII will be calling any minute.

Actually, I feel for the Lammies after that ass-wipe McEl-putz left them high and dry in recruiting. He did nothing much, except prime the pump for his return to the SEC. I remember looking at the recruiting standings while he was there. He and his "staff" were worthless as recruiters, regularly ranking below the 90's. He lived off Fairchild's classes and really made no effort to improve what "brand" CSU had in their traditional recruiting areas---CO #2s; TX and CA #3's & 4's).

Which is just sad. Because when they go there, all they're saying is that CU went as low as a P5 program can possibly go... and still beat CSU most of the time.
It's a really bad conversation/argument to have. Like the matchup itself, it's a lose/lose for CU.

Herbstreit absolutely ripped UT this morning. Called it a cesspool while defending Charlie Strong.

Actually, I feel for the Lammies after that ass-wipe McEl-putz left them high and dry in recruiting. He did nothing much, except prime the pump for his return to the SEC. I remember looking at the recruiting standings while he was there. He and his "staff" were worthless as recruiters, regularly ranking below the 90's. He lived off Fairchild's classes and really made no effort to improve what "brand" CSU had in their traditional recruiting areas---CO #2s; TX and CA #3's & 4's).

I don't care about them. Let's call CSU what they are-a stepping stone of a program. If you're them, and you hire a guy with McElwains resume, you should expect him to give you one good season before going back to coach in the SEC. They didn't.....as evidenced by their hiring of a guy who had never coached outside the state of Georgia in Mike Bobo. They're getting what they deserve, and it's going to make replacing them with games we can excited about that much easier.

Charlie Strong takes over the D, and they give up 672 yards and 45 points to OU. I like Strong, but gotta think they are close to showing him the door b

Cesspool! Gotta love it. Tell us what you REALLY think, Herby.

On another subject, Brian Kelly's seat has got to be warming up in South Bend.

Fire Herman! Just kidding, I think he has already packed his bags...where to? Austin?

Because Herman will have much better options than Oregon after his season.

If I had to guess, I'd say the Ducks bring back Scott Frost and make Dave Aranda the highest paid assistant in the sport. Total hunch, but I think they think they can't ditch that offense.

@TSchekler , the situation that Strong took over was very toxic with a guy like Brown who had a ton of support around the state and program. He had to run off a TON of kids but there is no doubt he has brought in a ton of talent. If you really look at it there are a lot of great comparisons with Washington last year and Texas.

If I had to guess, I'd say the Ducks bring back Scott Frost and make Dave Aranda the highest paid assistant in the sport. Total hunch, but I think they think they can't ditch that offense.
Aranda isn't going to Oregon as a DC

@TSchekler , the situation that Strong took over was very toxic with a guy like Brown who had a ton of support around the state and program. He had to run off a TON of kids but there is no doubt he has brought in a ton of talent. If you really look at it there are a lot of great comparisons with Washington last year and Texas.
That's fair and I'm not saying it doesn't happen that way. I just think UT is a little different in terms of patience and expectations than 95% of P5 programs.

I don't think Strong is getting a fair shake or will. Texas is like that, seen it many a time. My only question would be, can he become a really good head coach or is he suited for DC?

I don't think Strong is getting a fair shake or will. Texas is like that, seen it many a time. My only question would be, can he become a really good head coach or is he suited for DC?
He's did great at Louisville. Strong will get another shot elsewhere

He can easily be a head coach at a big time program. No matter what he cleaned up Texas really well, the next guy that takes over is going to have it 10 times easier than he did.

Back