What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

There was a players only meeting at tennessee, and allegedly there is a full rebellion against jones. Jalen Hurd & Jonathon Kongbo are said to have quit. Yet another bullet dodged?

Butch has a mess on his hands, his best offensive player transfers midway thru the season. They've underachieved but will probably still finish 9-3 and will likely win the SEC East and keep his job. Worst case scenario for Vols fans.

I get 3 three of those but Jim Mora Jr? I don't get that one.

Only reason I see the Mora name getting any mention is probably sportswriters making the connection that his dad used to coach in the same state. We've all seen LSU's legendary offensive failures of the last decade with mediocre quarterbacks. No need to bring in someone who similarly ruins them at UCLA.

While I'm here...
1. UCLA got screwed by A&M's late hire of Mazzone and decided to promote Kennedy Polamalu rather than try to upgrade their OC situation. Mora needs to get a proven guy there.
2. Leaving for any other college DC job is a lateral move to Leavitt. I'd only be concerned when there are head coaching vacancies. Whether he says it or not, I believe there would be unfinished business for him at that career level.
3. Mike MacIntyre may listen to other schools after this year but he is not going to Baylor. You never know what that program is staring at off the football field and that kind of baggage plus a current reputation that goes against his personal values of family and respect would not fly. MacIntyre isn't in this just for wins like Briles was.

Only reason I see the Mora name getting any mention is probably sportswriters making the connection that his dad used to coach in the same state. We've all seen LSU's legendary offensive failures of the last decade with mediocre quarterbacks. No need to bring in someone who similarly ruins them at UCLA.

While I'm here...
1. UCLA got screwed by A&M's late hire of Mazzone and decided to promote Kennedy Polamalu rather than try to upgrade their OC situation. Mora needs to get a proven guy there.
2. Leaving for any other college DC job is a lateral move to Leavitt. I'd only be concerned when there are head coaching vacancies. Whether he says it or not, I believe there would be unfinished business for him at that career level.
3. Mike MacIntyre may listen to other schools after this year but he is not going to Baylor. You never know what that program is staring at off the football field and that kind of baggage plus a current reputation that goes against his personal values of family and respect would not fly. MacIntyre isn't in this just for wins like Briles was.
He sent his daughter there.

Agree on Baylor. That is a job thats down with Purdue in terms of how attractive it is right now. I don't think Harsin (don't know if him leaving Potato State is as sure a thing) or Fleck would look at it. Mac isn't leaving. He seems like he's really happy here. We've got a fantastic AD. Think of what Colorado has done in history-(Butkus, Thorpe, Heisman, Top 25 winningest program, National championship....and thats before we get into the academic honors that have been bestowed on the school).

Agree on Baylor. That is a job thats down with Purdue in terms of how attractive it is right now. I don't think Harsin (don't know if him leaving Potato State is as sure a thing) or Fleck would look at it. Mac isn't leaving. He seems like he's really happy here. We've got a fantastic AD. Think of what Colorado has done in history-(Butkus, Thorpe, Heisman, Top 25 winningest program, National championship....and thats before we get into the academic honors that have been bestowed on the school).

He sent his daughter there.

Definitely, but I'm speaking of Baylor's public image now. That's a potential career killer to anyone who dares take that job. The ashes are still smoldering and they don't know where the bottom of the freefall will be, because they're still a winning program. It'll get worse.

Wow the infamous triple lindy!!

Chatter by Wyoming and Purdue fans of Craig Bohl. However, he's no spring chicken at 58. B1G would probably be the best major conference for him to fit in. Purdue badly needs a clear identity or else they'll remain in the basement forever. Don't forget where Joe Tiller came from before going to Purdue, either...

Actually had a guy come in my office, a vendor (Bailer grad) which is decorated with sports collectibles featuring an entire wall of CU favorites and he looked over and said "we are talking about stealing your coach" to which I responded with a chuckle and a point blank F**K Bailer, Mike would not go to the **** hole known as Waco. The only clowns that go there are guys like you. It was a brief meeting.

Actually had a guy come in my office, a vendor (Bailer grad) which is decorated with sports collectibles featuring an entire wall of CU favorites and he looked over and said "we are talking about stealing your coach" to which I responded with a chuckle and a point blank F**K Bailer, Mike would not go to the **** hole known as Waco. The only clowns that go there are guys like you. It was a brief meeting.

sounds about right for BU fan. i had a friend in HS who had two sisters who went there. talk about being out of touch with reality. just because it costs as much as Vanderbilt or Stanford or Duke doesn't make it those places. i'm not worried at all about MM going to BU.

i think BU would be wise to just up Grobe for 2-3 years and be content to to win 6-8 games a season with the talent on campus.....just maintain some kind of stability...and THEN try and make a hire. they are radioactive (for good reason) right now. also, having "investigators" on campus 24/7 until the muddy water clears doesn't bode well for Scott Drew IMO. that's how the Rhett Bomar thing came to light at OU.....the NCAA was on campus looking into Kelvin Sampson....and the dirt came out. i've been waiting for the shoe to drop on Drew for a while.....all the old Big XII south hoops message boards during his "rise".....UT, ATM, OU, OSU.....all buzzing with rumor about that guy from the get-go. he and rick barnes basically dared each other to air out the other's clearly dirty laundry a few years ago....in the media.

edit: my broadest point is that it could get worse at BU "institutionally" which is not attractive situation for our coach or any coach. if admins and Kenny Starr were looking the other way for football but keeping a close eye on Drew's mercurial but successful basketball team (full of some "surprising" blue chip recruit signees as a pattern over the last decade in the eyes of those who follow recruiting in Texas...)...seems pretty unlikely to me.

Last edited:
Haha ****ing bailer fans thinking they are some premier destination program that can just steal whoever they want. It's going to be very gratifying watching them slip back to the complete irrelevancy in the next 2 years.

Haha ****ing bailer fans thinking they are some premier destination program that can just steal whoever they want. It's going to be very gratifying watching them slip back to the complete irrelevancy in the next 2 years.
bailer fan is in complete denial at what is coming down the pipe at them both on and off the field.

sounds about right for BU fan. i had a friend in HS who had two sisters who went there. talk about being out of touch with reality. just because it costs as much as Vanderbilt or Stanford or Duke doesn't make it those places. i'm not worried at all about MM going to BU.

i think BU would be wise to just up Grobe for 2-3 years and be content to to win 6-8 games a season with the talent on campus.....just maintain some kind of stability...and THEN try and make a hire. they are radioactive (for good reason) right now. also, having "investigators" on campus 24/7 until the muddy water clears doesn't bode well for Scott Drew IMO. that's how the Rhett Bomar thing came to light at OU.....the NCAA was on campus looking into Kelvin Sampson....and the dirt came out. i've been waiting for the shoe to drop on Drew for a while.....all the old Big XII south hoops message boards during his "rise".....UT, ATM, OU, OSU.....all buzzing with rumor about that guy from the get-go. he and rick barnes basically dared each other to air out the other's clearly dirty laundry a few years ago....in the media.

edit: my broadest point is that it could get worse at BU "institutionally" which is not attractive situation for our coach or any coach. if admins and Kenny Starr were looking the other way for football but keeping a close eye on Drew's mercurial but successful basketball team (full of some "surprising" blue chip recruit signees as a pattern over the last decade in the eyes of those who follow recruiting in Texas...)...seems pretty unlikely to me.

The Bomar stuff came about when an atm fan working at the car dealership ratted out the players who were getting paid but not actually working.

The Bomar stuff came about when an atm fan working at the car dealership ratted out the players who were getting paid but not actually working.

now that you say that i think you are right. but, i think i just got it wrong way around. i think when the investigators were on campus for the Bomar stuff....they ended up also uncovering the Sampson illegal phone calls to recruits.

now that you say that i think you are right. but, i think i just got it wrong way around. i think when the investigators were on campus for the Bomar stuff....they ended up also uncovering the Sampson illegal phone calls to recruits.

The folks in Norman were trying to relive the 1970's and 1980's. Lots of shady crapola going on at that time.

There are coaches out there that can beat Saban once in a while with the talent LSU has. I don't think LSU has unreasonable expectations, you just can't lose to Saban 5 straight years while putting out so much talent into the league. Most competitive coaches will see the benefits a place like LSU has.

There are coaches out there that can beat Saban once in a while with the talent LSU has. I don't think LSU has unreasonable expectations, you just can't lose to Saban 5 straight years while putting out so much talent into the league. Most competitive coaches will see the benefits a place like LSU has.
I agree that most competitive coaches will see the benefits a place like LSU has. I also believe that LSU won't see the benefits of most competitive coaches after say, the first 10 games.

All indications are that Baylor hasn't made substantial changes to the way they do business in the football program and above. The NCAA is already snooping around. As the story continues to get play on national news media, not just sports media, there is a decent chance that department of justice or some other federal investigation is going to show up.

Whoever the coach is the next couple years, even if he wasn't there in the past, is going to get it all over him and likely have his career derailed. Even if a guy like MacIntyre were to see it as a move up (it isn't) he should be smart enough to see that it is going to end badly and that end will be out of his control.

The Baylor people are still pretending like this thing is going to blow over and they will go back to cheating as normal soon. That possibility is already gone.

As long as Saban is in Tuscaloosa, I doubt any coach could meet LSU's expectations.
This is the hard truth. While Saban is in Alabama, he's going to be the big dog in the SEC. He won't win the SEC every year, but he will always have that team competing for conference championships and national championships.

This is the hard truth. While Saban is in Alabama, he's going to be the big dog in the SEC. He won't win the SEC every year, but he will always have that team competing for conference championships and national championships.
Would not want to be the guy that takes over for Saban when he calls it a career. Talk about big shoes to fill and impossible expectations.

Would not want to be the guy that takes over for Saban when he calls it a career. Talk about big shoes to fill and impossible expectations.
This is the truth. Here is my picture:
1) Saban retires or goes to the NFL in January
2) Team hires a replacement in a couple of weeks because of how highly coveted the job is and they don't want to **** up the recruiting class too much
3) New hire has an "okay" first year going 10-3
4) Expectations for year 2 are a conference championship and in the playoff, but again, he delivers 10-3
5) The natives are restless, but no sane admin would fire a guy for two 10 win seasons, right?
6) In year 3, he loses to someone early (LSU?, the one big non-conference game they play?)
7) Fired about the same time of year that Les Miles was fired - October, give or take

I'm putting the over/under right now at 32 months.

we-landed-on-the-moon-jim-carey-dumb-and-dumber.gif

and **** bailer!!!!

Back