What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

I don't know enough about Arranda (sp?, LSU DC), but he seems well respected, what are the chances he winds up somewhere like Houston who seem to like top coordinators?

Clay Travis brought up the question of whether Kiffin would coach at bama through the CFP. Could get weird in Tuscaloosa

Sark, his replacement is technically already there. They would probably be able to run the same offense without any hitches. This is how Saben protects himself with his staff getting promoted/poached, with these anylysts positions.

I don't know enough about Arranda (sp?, LSU DC), but he seems well respected, what are the chances he winds up somewhere like Houston who seem to like top coordinators?
Landry speculated he will be an NFL coordinator in a couple years so I don't think he has his sights on a college head coaching job.

There will be more firings after this weekend. What schools are most likely to get rid of their HC by Monday?

There will be more firings after this weekend. What schools are most likely to get rid of their HC by Monday?

I was thinking that things had run their course with GA Tech and Paul Johnson, but he saved his job these past 3 weeks.

All just speculation (some just surprise guesses), but jobs that could open because of performance this year, coach running his course, or just going a new direction (Won't name any obvious ones already talked about):

Cincy: Tubby ran his course there
BC: If they lose today Addaizo out.
Kansas: I think Weis is off the books, Beatty can't cost that much to buy out.
Indiana: I think they were looking for more than 6-6 this year. May have been enough to buy Wilson another year.
Rice: Time to move on
UTEP: Wrong direction in year 4 for Kuglar
Norte Dame: They both want out
SJSU: Time to move on
Kentucky: They thought Stoops would be competing for the East by now
Arkansas: Thought they would be competing more

Feel free to add or tear this list apart.

Last edited:
Some good names on there, but Wilson and Stoops are very safe IMO. Would have a tough time finding upgrades at either school.

All just speculation (some just surprise guesses).

Feel free to add or tear this list apart.
anigif_enhanced-29950-1441761893-2.gif

Just my guess, but it was probably more that Kelly was exploring other opportunities in the event that he gets fired. But I don't think he would just leave on his own.

Reports Helfrich is on his way out at Oregon, P.J. Fleck and Bryan Harsin being mentioned....stay tuned.

I kid you not, I was still in high school when I remember reading the start of Gruden to Tennessee rumors and I'm still reading them. And not on Tennessee message boards, I would never willingly look at orange colored message boards. I almost hope it happens.

Reports Helfrich is on his way out at Oregon, P.J. Fleck and Bryan Harsin being mentioned....stay tuned.

Bryan Harsin is just Mark Helfrich all over again, no? Harsin was OC at UT on one of Mack's last staffs.....granted they had no real QB....but Harsin's stuff made "popgun" look like 3 yards and a cloud of dust. i wasn't impressed, really. the i'll need to take a shower after posting.....if i were UO fan i'd rather let Helfrich fall on his sword next year and go get someone really good next off-season with a year to prepare and a big time war chest.....when UT, LSU, possible ND etc aren't the big dogs in the market.

New lower level opening-Florida Atlantic. that's somebody who might be interested in JMFL.

That is not a very coveted job. FAU job is behind UF, FSU, the U, UCF, USF, and FIU. Zero fan support and Boca Raton (aka Silicon Valley) is culturally a world away from Tampa where Leavitt used to coach. Further, I personally doubt Leavitt is interested in a stepping stone job into the P5. At his age, FAU is where you go to retire, like Howard Schnellenberger did.

He can retire at CU with MM. Kick ass duo wreaking havoc on the college landscape for next ten years. 10 straight years in the CFP.

Back