What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

I was thinking that things had run their course with GA Tech and Paul Johnson, but he saved his job these past 3 weeks.
Georgia Tech is one job that we all do not want to open!!!!!! There are only two other jobs in my opinion that Coach McIntyre would consider and they are Georgia Tech and Vanderbilt. Let's keep Paul Johnson there for as long as possible!

Georgia Tech is one job that we all do not want to open!!!!!! There are only two other jobs in my opinion that Coach McIntyre would consider and they are Georgia Tech and Vanderbilt. Let's keep Paul Johnson there for as long as possible!
Why would Coach MMac be interested in a bottom dwelling SEC job where the school fired his father and he ended up transferring away?

Mora fired his OC Kennedy Polamalu today.

May have done Polamalu a favor. I have always thought that Kennedy was a decent to good coach and at times a very good recruiter. He will not have trouble finding a job, especially with a team that might want to improve their recruiting in the Poly community and on the west coast.

Mora on the other hand isn't going anywhere good. Changing OCs isn't going to keep him from being fired, likely after next season.

May have done Polamalu a favor. I have always thought that Kennedy was a decent to good coach and at times a very good recruiter. He will not have trouble finding a job, especially with a team that might want to improve their recruiting in the Poly community and on the west coast.

Mora on the other hand isn't going anywhere good. Changing OCs isn't going to keep him from being fired, likely after next season.

That seemed to be an interim type promotion anyway that was a last resort when the Mazzone clan peaced out last winter and it was too late to do a broader search. Polamalu did not have a resume as a playcaller and it showed. He'll find a position coach gig quickly as plenty of staffs out west love what he can do as a recruiter.

Mora fired his OC Kennedy Polamalu today.

That's going to be 3 OCs in 3 years for Rosen. Came in to play for Mazzone, changed to Polamalu this year, 2017 will be another major shakeup. Will be very interesting to see what direction they go and whether Mora hires a guy who fits Rosen's skills or goes for a more dual threat system guy.

Reporting now that Brian Polian is out at Nevada. TE/ST experience most recently but has also coached the defensive side. Stops at Notre Dame, Stanford, A&M before becoming a head coach. What I think I'm saying here is, if this was Bernardi's retirement year I have a wish list for replacement interviews and I'm thinking of starting it with this guy.

Reporting now that Brian Polian is out at Nevada. TE/ST experience most recently but has also coached the defensive side. Stops at Notre Dame, Stanford, A&M before becoming a head coach. What I think I'm saying here is, if this was Bernardi's retirement year I have a wish list for replacement interviews and I'm thinking of starting it with this guy.

I think Lindgren would be a good hire for them, he's been through two rebuilds with Mac, including one at that school. He knows what needs to be done and if he builds a good staff, I wouldn't bet against him. I also don't think we can afford two Co-OC's.

So we could be in the market for a QB coach. Any names out there looking for work?
No brainer.....

gruden-e1425314986770.jpg

So we could be in the market for a QB coach. Any names out there looking for work?
I don't know what we'd need to offer in terms of title and $$$ but Texas doesn't seem to be keeping Sterlin Gilbert. He struggled but I don't know if that was really his fault.

I don't know what we'd need to offer in terms of title and $$$ but Texas doesn't seem to be keeping Sterlin Gilbert. He struggled but I don't know if that was really his fault.

He's a helluva OC/QB coach.

Reset:
Post-Post T-Day info consolidation

Open jobs:

1. Purdue- Darrell Hazell fired. Names: Troy Calhoun of AFA (he has since denied), former LSU HC Les Miles, Jacksonville Jag OC Greg Olson. Les Miles supposedly wants to bring Steve Sarkisian and Mike Locksley with him. UPDATE: P.J. Fleck is apparently target number one.
2. San Jose St. Ron Carragher fired. Brian Lindgren?
3. Florida Atl. U- fired somebody, will hire somebody desperate.
4. Nevada- Brian Polian out. Jim Mastro, RB coach at Wazzu mentioned.

Jobs filled:

1. Fresno- Jeff Tedford gets the job, mid-season. Good hire, but the timing is weird. Of note, D II Danny applied and interviewed for the gig, according to the Fresno Bee.
2. FIU- Butch Davis takes the FIU gig. 5 year deal and all the Banana Boat products he wants. HaLk is the OC, [insert laugh track here].
3. LSU- Ed Orgeron takes the job when Herman's price was apparently to high. Jimbo stays at FSU.
4. UT- Herman to UT. Strong's firing wasn't even out of the AD's mouth before Herman was emptying HCCS' desk...looks like this was in the works for a while. UT apparently talked to Jimbo, Dabo and John Harbaugh.

Secondary openings:

1. UH- Herman hits the road, no names yet, search firm hired.

Highly probable openings:

1. Baylor- Old Man Grobe at the helm with an interim tag. Names: Don't know, but something tells me Dykes may be on their radar, reports Les Miles has spoken with the crazy Baptists. Chad Morriss, Dino Babers and, according to some MikMac himself. UPDATE: Larry Fedora in the mix.
2. Oregon- I'll speculate a little here too, I don't think Helfrich survives the 4-8 dumpster fire he started in Eugene. ESPN hack said a week ago or so that Uncle Phil is ready to throw a ton of cash at a proven winner...not good news for Helfrich. Update: Oregon denies report via former AD Kilkenny. UPDATE: Uncle Phil talked to Herman, who said no thanks. Gary Patterson was approached, who also said, no thanks. I think Helfrich is on thin ice, especially with OState getting over on the Ducks for the first time in eight years.

Other news: Doeren safe at NCST with the win over UNC.

I expect a handful of other jobs to open, mdelpizzo1 has a pretty good list about a page back.....

Last edited:

Luke knows him from high school. We could do this!

I like lindgren and consistently defended him last year when everyone was all upset about play calling, but I don't think he is ready for that at all.

in just a year, we could be a very very desirable destination for good assistants (like Gilbert, let's say) looking for new digs/a place to land....whereas before....job security wasn't a given, to say the least. CU was a bit of a tough sell.

hooray for 10 wins (and counting).

We'd seen Lindgren's name attached to the San Jose State opening. But this is new (and makes some sense with the Boise State & SJSU ties). Wilner has suggested Klayton Adams. http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/11/...ene-bleymaier-must-use-to-avoid-another-miss/

Colorado OL coach Klayton Adams: Spent two years at San Jose State during the MacIntyre era as the tight ends coach, then moved to Boulder, where has handled several offensive positions. Knows Bleymaier from his days as a graduate assistant at Boise State (during the Broncos’ ascent). Grew up in Sacramento and has recruiting ties throughout the Bay Area and Central Valley.

Football Scoop:

Baylor: Interim head coach Jim Grobe said today that he doesn’t envision coaching again after this season.

Back