What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

Breer is one of the last people I'd listen to when it comes to Michigan stuff.

If Harbaugh was to leave Michigan this quickly, that'd be a huge red flag against him going forward for me. Can he actually work long-term or do his methods lose effectiveness after like 3 years when everybody has heard it for the second time?
I don't think him leaving would mean his methods are losing effectiveness. He was pretty successful when left SF and he has been pretty successful at UM. It might raise a red flag concerning him wanting something different every few years, but not his schtick getting old, IMO.

I don't think him leaving would mean his methods are losing effectiveness. He was pretty successful when left SF and he has been pretty successful at UM. It might raise a red flag concerning him wanting something different every few years, but not his schtick getting old, IMO.

I think you would have to wonder if he is constantly leaving places because his methods lose effectiveness.

Its been reported his act wears thin on players and staff after a while. He can win, but people get tired of the dickhead approach constantly, IMO.

His last season in SF there were stories he'd lost the locker room before the first game of the season and they went 8-8. It's actually the prime example for my theory.

His last season in SF there were stories he'd lost the locker room before the first game of the season and they went 8-8. It's actually the prime example for my theory.
Seeing big what San Francisco has done since he left, 8-8 might have been that teams ceiling.

Leavitt is going to break our current assistant pay scale if he stays in Boulder. Looks like Oregon is coming after him in addition to Ole Miss, and I wouldn't be surprised if his name comes up for Florida now that they just lost their DC.
It sounds like they are increasing the pool for assistants but Oregon has been notoriously cheap with assistants in the past. I would be concerned with other teams willing to throw a lot more money at him.

I love the running down Harbaugh conversations. He is clearly on of the great coaches in college and NFL in the last 10 years. Remember, people would find fault with winning the lotto.

I love the running down Harbaugh conversations. He is clearly on of the great coaches in college and NFL in the last 10 years. Remember, people would find fault with winning the lotto.

Harbaugh is a great coach. No one is disputing that notion. If he left Michigan for the Rams, it would be a great hire.

I think Harbaugh is one of a small number of guys out there who could be highly successful at either the college or pro level. A lot of coaches who are successful at one level can't adjust to the other, Harbaugh has already shown he can do that.

The problem in hiring Harbaugh is that you have to put him in a situation where he can be in charge. At Michigan it is his program, everything football stops on his desk. How many pro owners are willing to give him the resources necessary to win and also are willing to give him that kind of control? Is Kronke?

Time to be a big boy football school again and pay a big time assistant like JMFL what he is worth.
I'd like to think that the only reason we haven't heard a release of a HCMM extension is that the assistants pool is in play. HCMM knows defense. How much should he spend on a DC, vs an OC? I'd normally say he spends on the OC (or pair of them), but Leavitt is just such a special situation.

Not sure I've seen anyone say that he wasn't a great coach.

I think questioning the effectiveness of his coaching methods is actually disputing how good of a coach he is...

I think he tends to grate on people after a certain amount of time and I think he himself tends to get pretty bored after 4-5 years. No disputing he can pretty much win anywhere though. How many coaches out there can reasonably keep any team at a true championship level longer than five years or so? The list is very short, so it is not some sort of huge knock against Harbaugh.

idk if we can really draw any conclusions about Harbaugh regarding the one 8-8 season at San Fran.. conversely his last Stanford team wasn't really headed towards a cliff. And you gotta wonder about the admin people with SF. Those people are seriously clueless in regards to running a team.

However, you do have to wonder about the guy if he ditches his alma mater after only 2 seasons. His resume is starting to look like one of those people that can't seem to stay at one job for longer than a few years.

edit: pretty sure I articulated that poorly. Harbaugh possibly fine in the long term if he can allow himself to settle down.

I don't know why people think Harbaugh's even a possibility of going anywhere, the only rumor that existed was people blowing a misquote out of proportion. Some believe that he's inevitably going to want to go back to the NFL, but there's no substance to it at this point.

I don't know why people think Harbaugh's even a possibility of going anywhere, the only rumor that existed was people blowing a misquote out of proportion. Some believe that he's inevitably going to want to go back to the NFL, but there's no substance to it at this point.

Breer dropped it, but then, as I said above, he might just be trying to stir the **** in AA as we all know where his loyalties lie.

I mean, CBS (Albert Breer) is the one who reported it, but it has been a rumor since the moment Fisher was fired. Breer isn't some insider, and he's a complete tOSU shill, but it's not nothing.

Back