What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

Kiffin really wanted that HC title (and to not get yelled at in practice every day by Saban).

FAU: Lane Kiffin will average $1 million a year as FAU’s head coach, according to Brett McMurphy. Kiffin made $1.4 million annually at Alabama as the offensive coordinator.
Wow. It's not always about the money I guess.

Kiffin isn't getting a top P5 job. He needs to show some success as a HC first. There's no expectations at FAU, as there would have been at Houston.
If he is a good coach, he can get them from their 2-3 conf wins to 4-5 pretty quickly and be in line for the real gig.

I am not a Lane Kiffen believer, but think this is the right path for him to get there quickly. Plus it's a nice beach location.

Kiffin isn't getting a top P5 job. He needs to show some success as a HC first. There's no expectations at FAU, as there would have been at Houston.
If he is a good coach, he can get them from their 2-3 conf wins to 4-5 pretty quickly and be in line for the real gig.

I am not a Lane Kiffen believer, but think this is the right path for him to get there quickly. Plus it's a nice beach location.
He will be in the state of Florida where ethics, morals, and human decency are at a severe discount. Right up his alley .

They haven't had a winning record in conference since 2009, so yeah, that's a really, really low bar to clear.

Losing Kiffin will hurt Bama, how much depends on who they hire.
Not sure I agree with that. They bring in the #1 recruiting class each year, but Kiffin never produced a top 15 offense measured by S&P+. I'm sure a lot of guys can match that level of underperformance.

Not sure I agree with that. They bring in the #1 recruiting class each year, but Kiffin never produced a top 15 offense measured by S&P+. I'm sure a lot of guys can match that level of underperformance.
That and you know...Saban. Hard to say where I see Kiffin going with that team. I do think he is a very good offensive mind, but he has always had exceptional, if not truly elite, talent to work with, so I could see him crash and burn, especially if Joey Freshwater is hitting those bars hard for some tail.

Didn't know, but actually does not surprise me that much. The QB development at Alabama is actually not great. I have to laugh a little bit when people are saying Hurts is a Heisman candidate for 2017.

Interesting.. Bama, LSU, ND, all looking for an OC. Matt Canada is going to be a rich man.

Don't forget UT and Oregon too. Stevie Sarkisian will get paid as well-hes too good an offensive mind to not get one of those gigs.
Whoever hires Sark better find him an AA buddy and put him on the payroll to follow Sark around and keep him off the juice.

Oregon desperately needs a DC as well. Apparently Taggart was really going after Strong before he took the the USF job. Anybody around the Oregon program knows that it is the defense that has really hurt them since Aliotti retired.

Per FootballScoop. Wouldn't mind having him at CU. He's recruited some top players for ND. They've had excellent TEs there.

Notre Dame: Multiple reports out of South Bend today confirming tight ends / special teams coordinator Scott Booker will not return to the Irish coaching staff.

Breer is one of the last people I'd listen to when it comes to Michigan stuff.

If Harbaugh was to leave Michigan this quickly, that'd be a huge red flag against him going forward for me. Can he actually work long-term or do his methods lose effectiveness after like 3 years when everybody has heard it for the second time?

Leavitt is going to break our current assistant pay scale if he stays in Boulder. Looks like Oregon is coming after him in addition to Ole Miss, and I wouldn't be surprised if his name comes up for Florida now that they just lost their DC.

Leavitt is going to break our current assistant pay scale if he stays in Boulder. Looks like Oregon is coming after him in addition to Ole Miss, and I wouldn't be surprised if his name comes up for Florida now that they just lost their DC.
Time to be a big boy football school again and pay a big time assistant like JMFL what he is worth.

Back