What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

Do you think RG had any influence in bringing Chev to CU? From a recent interview with Chev, he mentions that "he got a call from coach Mac" (paraphrasing). Did MM have any sort of connection with Chev before? I'm not suggesting that RG is responsible for it or did the hiring, but it feels like his fingerprints were there.

I think there was a connection to Lance Carl. He was some sort of assistant under Neuheisel.

Do you think RG had any influence in bringing Chev to CU? From a recent interview with Chev, he mentions that "he got a call from coach Mac" (paraphrasing). Did MM have any sort of connection with Chev before? I'm not suggesting that RG is responsible for it or did the hiring, but it feels like his fingerprints were there.

Chev, with his son, made a visit to CU. Officially, it was an unofficial visit for his son. As I understand it... what also happened with that is that it was a meeting set up between Chev and HCMM by folks in the CU administration so that they could get to know each other in a pre-interview while Chev was still employed by TTU.

Rick George has not done the hiring and firing of assistants, but I absolutely he has helped to dramatically change the culture within the AD. Between the facilities and helping MacIntyre/Carl with the resources they need to make the right hires, I think he has been an essential part of the turnaround. Your last paragraph describes a team going from 1-2 wins to 6-7 wins, not what we are seeing this year. So it all matters: more experienced players, MUCH better coaching staff, and brand new facilities.
Yes, absolutely. It shows that so many programs are having a resurgence under RG.

Tommy Herman's team playing like a team whose HC is negotiating a contract, rather than coaching a game.

Kinda a chitty way Texas is handling this. Strong us kinda sorta the active coach while they're actively shopping for another coach

Kinda a chitty way Texas is handling this. Strong us kinda sorta the active coach while they're actively shopping for another coach

The nation 100% agrees. Charlie's record and that KU abomination justifies termination if UT wants to go that way. Just about everyone can understand that. But just about everyone respects the man and sees him as a 1st class guy. The way UT is handling this and has treated him from the jump makes the national narrative that they did him wrong.

I think that Texas looking for a coach early is smart but the main issue is the amount of things that leak from that AD. If they were quiet about this as they k ow they are going to get rid of strong but feel it's pointless to fire him with one game to go it would be fine. Unfortunately boosters and admin there can't keep their mouths shut and all have different views on what should happen.

To change course here a bit, Purdue insiders are feeling very confident on Les Miles being their next head coach. Some saying it could be announced as soon as tomorrow. Not sure if it's accurate, but would be quite the coup for the Boilermakers

I think that Texas looking for a coach early is smart but the main issue is the amount of things that leak from that AD. If they were quiet about this as they k ow they are going to get rid of strong but feel it's pointless to fire him with one game to go it would be fine. Unfortunately boosters and admin there can't keep their mouths shut and all have different views on what should happen.

Texas and Oklahoma can't keep their mouths closed on anything. Was it the same as when you were in the Big12?

Texas and Oklahoma can't keep their mouths closed on anything. Was it the same as when you were in the Big12?

Yes. Very over-involved and vocal boosters with factions. Tons of media leaks. Pretty much out of control and very difficult for conference stability.

If Orgeron is hired he will reportedly try to bring in Kiffin as his OC. The 2 are good friends and of course worked together at USC but even so I don't think he would leave Bama for the same job at LSU.

If Orgeron is hired he will reportedly try to bring in Kiffin as his OC. The 2 are good friends and of course worked together at USC but even so I don't think he would leave Bama for the same job at LSU.

Don't know if it is even realistic but I wonder if Kiffen sees himself as the successor to Sabin.

Baylor: Sources in Waco tell FootballScoop the Baylor administration continues to lock their sights on SMU head coach Chad Morris. Multiple sources added that Baylor hopes to be in contact with Morris as soon as his season ends (final game is Saturday at 2:30) with hopes to reach a deal as quickly as possible thereafter.
http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

To change course here a bit, Purdue insiders are feeling very confident on Les Miles being their next head coach. Some saying it could be announced as soon as tomorrow. Not sure if it's accurate, but would be quite the coup for the Boilermakers
Must be smoke. Miles was the guy the "insider" had pegged here the last two hires. Would be a good hire for PU.

From footballscoop.com
Oregon: Matt Phrem of Oregon’s 247 site reports that, while no final decision has been made, the feeling in Eugene is that Mark Helfrich returns to Oregon in 2017, though a loss to Oregon State on Saturday could change things. Prehm reports that Oregon gauged the interest of Tom Herman and Gary Patterson but neither showed interest in the Ducks, and a possible cost of $20 million to change staffs lead Oregon decision-makers to lean toward keeping Helfrich another year. Win or lose tomorrow, a final decision is expected shortly after the season ends.

From footballscoop.com
Oregon: Matt Phrem of Oregon’s 247 site reports that, while no final decision has been made, the feeling in Eugene is that Mark Helfrich returns to Oregon in 2017, though a loss to Oregon State on Saturday could change things. Prehm reports that Oregon gauged the interest of Tom Herman and Gary Patterson but neither showed interest in the Ducks, and a possible cost of $20 million to change staffs lead Oregon decision-makers to lean toward keeping Helfrich another year. Win or lose tomorrow, a final decision is expected shortly after the season ends.
Interesting.

Apparently he is going after lane kiffen as his OC.

Anyone else think jimbo has been calling Charlie strong every minute since that loss last night to be his DC?

Apparently he is going after lane kiffen as his OC.

Anyone else think jimbo has been calling Charlie strong every minute since that loss last night to be his DC?
Reporting that he'll make $3 mil a year as head coach. This looks like their Embree so to speak. Go a couple years and get out of the buyout hole and then try for who they want.

Also I'm see the name Joey Freshwater come up for OC as well.

Back