What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

Ha. Duff and I have very different ideas as to how Petrino would do in Knoxville. I want to see it happen now just to see who is right.

@Duff Man - also heard a bunch of speculation yesterday that Malzahn is very likely to jump to Arkansas and this is why Arkansas has been so slow & quiet on Bieliema. That it could be announced as soon as this weekend if Auburn loses to Alabama and Malzahn isn't preparing for the SEC Championship. Basically, Malzahn is an AR boy and that he'd like to get a big pay bump with a re-set of his clock (and that won't happen at Auburn unless he wins a national championship this year). What's your read on that situation?

@Duff Man - also heard a bunch of speculation yesterday that Malzahn is very likely to jump to Arkansas and this is why Arkansas has been so slow & quiet on Bieliema. That it could be announced as soon as this weekend if Auburn loses to Alabama and Malzahn isn't preparing for the SEC Championship. Basically, Malzahn is an AR boy and that he'd like to get a big pay bump with a re-set of his clock (and that won't happen at Auburn unless he wins a national championship this year). What's your read on that situation?
So where does Bielema land?

I must admit that I really enjoy reading this thread. The knowledge posted about existing coaches out there is pretty impressive. Not to mention some of the opinions are...let's say...entertaining. Allbuffs - worth the price of admission!

Feldman does good work on this.

13. Mike MacIntyre, Colorado head coach: His career 40–58 record is underwhelming, but he did massive overhauls first at San Jose State and then in Boulder, where he led the Buffs to the Pac-12 South title last season. Colorado is hoping to get bowl eligible this week. Word is the former Ole Miss assistant is high on the Rebels’ radar as they look to do their own big rebuild in the wake of NCAA sanctions.

Kelly to UCLA seems like a fantastic fit honestly, but someone brought up the Nike issue and it is a big one. A&M makes a lot of sense too. That school is quite odd, like Chip.

If A&M gets Kelly, and Jimbo decides to go somewhere else, the bidding war between FSU, UF, and kNU for Frost would be a lot of fun to watch.

All true. Lots of skepticism in Aub re Gus. He could be COY. Or gone.

Neither side views it as a long-term relationship. Not a great time to be looking for a coach for Auburn though.

Michigan weighing "Lifetime Contract" for Harbaugh?

CBS Sports college football reporter Brady Quinn suggested in a recent radio interview that Michigan is trying to keep Harbaugh’s khakis on their sidelines for life. “I talked to someone who’s kind of an insider within that program and we had a long, drawn-out conversation,” Quinn said in an interview on Fox Sports Radio. “What he told me was, they’re working on a lifetime contract. I swear to you, I’m not trying to throw a wrench in [the speculation that Harbaugh might go to the NFL]. That was his words.”

**** Harbaugh. For a brief window of time, a shining moment, I was "sexy" to young women... and that asshole ruined it!
maxresdefault.jpg

He's from Arkansas and it sounds like he wouldn't mind getting away from all the criticism at Auburn, although they could still end up in the playoff which would change everything.

Dallas Cowboys staff, most likely. He and Jerry are tight. It's a big reason why he ended up with the Arkansas job in the first place.

Never heard that. I thought he ended up there cause he wrote the private note to Long.

Feldman does good work on this.

13. Mike MacIntyre, Colorado head coach: His career 40–58 record is underwhelming, but he did massive overhauls first at San Jose State and then in Boulder, where he led the Buffs to the Pac-12 South title last season. Colorado is hoping to get bowl eligible this week. Word is the former Ole Miss assistant is high on the Rebels’ radar as they look to do their own big rebuild in the wake of NCAA sanctions.

....so, if MM moves on (via an offer from somewhere)...who would RG target? or, does he promote chiav?

....so, if MM moves on (via an offer from somewhere)...who would RG target? or, does he promote chiav?
I would guess that the first call would be to Les Miles since they're tight from being on McCartney's staff together back in the day. And with Lance Carl being the other guy in the room (he's basically "Associate AD for Football" whatever his actual title may be), that's another connect. Lance graduated in 1991 and Miles left CU in 1987, so Miles may have had a part in recruiting Lance to CU. Edit: see response from @FlaBuff - Lance's final season as a player was '87, not '91, so he overlapped Miles' time here quite a bit.

From there I'm not sure where it would go. I'd assume an open, national search.

Last edited:
I'm making my call: dominoes will fall and someone in the P5 is going to end up hiring Lane Kiffin.

Back