What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2018 Fall Camp Thread

Wigley is not a fit at safety. He'll still play this year at CB.
A bit. It appears the Mehki Blackmon is battling to pass him on the depth chart. They may decide to redshirt Blackmon, though, since we seem to have the depth to allow it.

A bit. It appears the Mehki Blackmon is battling to pass him on the depth chart. They may decide to redshirt Blackmon, though, since we seem to have the depth to allow it.

I gotta think a redshirt year would do Blackmon wonders.

This is what real depth looks like, we should be seeing new guys emerge every year. We had bigger issues in the front seven last season, but let's not forget CB depth was spotty at times as well.

Will be interesting to see how the 4 game redshirt is used. If me, I'm getting as many redshirts in early as may be ready to play this year or needed this year, as situations allow.

Seems like Blackmon might get a sniff before a Wigley as he'd benefit more, if score allows, as an example. A decent amount of snaps early and he can then be available to pull the shirt if needed later. Same with Fillip, Finau, and Maddox? Not sure of too many others who get in as a high priority.. Hypolite and Antwine are playing period. Heard that Sami would have as well.

Will be interesting to see how the 4 game redshirt is used. If me, I'm getting as many redshirts in early as may be ready to play this year or needed this year, as situations allow.

Seems like Blackmon might get a sniff before a Wigley as he'd benefit more, if score allows, as an example. A decent amount of snaps early and he can then be available to pull the shirt if needed later. Same with Fillip, Finau, and Maddox? Not sure of too many others who get in as a high priority.. Hypolite and Antwine are playing period. Heard that Sami would have as well.
Yeah, I wonder how it'll be used. I imagine one game will be held back for a possible bowl game, but I could see the first 3 being used early on to get guys experience in the event they are needed later on due to injury.

Filip gets a mention as getting snaps. good to hear. Bad that we need him and he's getting snaps after sitting out all camp.

Horrible news for this season. Maybe best for Poplawski's full career since it gets him a year off to recover his legs after last season's injury.

Darrion Jones needs to contribute this year. He's got to be the instant weapon for the offense he was recruited to be.

Horrible news for this season. Maybe best for Poplawski's full career since it gets him a year off to recover his legs after last season's injury.

Darrion Jones needs to contribute this year. He's got to be the instant weapon for the offense he was recruited to be.
They need to make him a Julius Thomas type of player. Keep things as simple as possible and just get him in 1v1 matchups in the slot or outside (or even in-line) and let him make plays.

They need to make him a Julius Thomas type of player. Keep things as simple as possible and just get him in 1v1 matchups in the slot or outside (or even in-line) and let him make plays.
Exactly. Get him solid on a play tree and build from there.

I just watched the 247 film on Darrion. Impressive size, but man was the offense vanilla. He was able to take advantage of undersized LB's and Safety's, but I wonder how he translates to D1. Seems like a projects. I didn't see "athletic", I saw "taller than everyone else".

I just watched the 247 film on Darrion. Impressive size, but man was the offense vanilla. He was able to take advantage of undersized LB's and Safety's, but I wonder how he translates to D1. Seems like a projects. I didn't see "athletic", I saw "taller than everyone else".
From Monday's practice (yeah, he's kind of a big dude):
39580659_2382138615146051_8909017015319003136_o.jpg

39603174_2382137195146193_8436164231543390208_o.jpg

Jones is kind of stiff from what I saw and I'm not sure he's more of a weapon in the red zone than Viska/Ento/Winfree and perhaps other WR's. He's taller and bigger.

Back