What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2018 Fall Camp Thread

I love love LOVE hearing that Noyer has not just taken a step forward, but is actually pushing Montez.

Huh? How do these guys know?

I sure didn’t see it in open scrimmage nor spring. Maybe others saw it in open practice on 8/4.

Lots of special teams work today. Scrimmaging under the lights tomorrow (not open to public).

Has he ever said “we just didn’t have the snap we look for. We seemed a little tired. We’ve got a long way to go.”

These interviews are bad and he’s even worse at media than I remember.

Not gonna to be a lot fun covering then having to tackle this guy. His arms are bigger than most other receivers' legs.

http://www.buffzone.com/football-cu...uffs-laviska-shenault-displays-star-potential
20180816__17BZFBUw~2.jpg

Huh? How do these guys know?

I sure didn’t see it in open scrimmage nor spring. Maybe others saw it in open practice on 8/4.
Noyer has had happy feet every time I've seen him play, no matter whether we're talking about game type football or 7 vs 7 drills. Even when he's actually being patient by standing tall in the pocket and going through his progressions, his feet are dancing. I don't know if he's a nervous quarterback, but he makes me feel nervous to watch him. Maybe that's what they are seeing (or more likely being told) has improved.

Noyer has had happy feet every time I've seen him play, no matter whether we're talking about game type football or 7 vs 7 drills. Even when he's actually being patient by standing tall in the pocket and going through his progressions, his feet are dancing. I don't know if he's a nervous quarterback, but he makes me feel nervous to watch him. Maybe that's what they are seeing (or more likely being told) has improved.
Agree. Lots of motion. Jiggling.

Peyton Manning danced his whole career. Active feet isn't a bad trait in a QB.

Peyton Manning did NOT have happy feet. Happy feet is when you don't trust the pocket and abandon it, not when the QB is moving his feet while in the pocket.

Manning had the opposite of happy feet. He tapped his feet (more liked clomped his feet toward the end of his career) to use them as kind of a metronome...to keep timing. Happy feet is when you’re deciding to fight or flight because you think death is imminent. Two very different things

Often times there are things going on that we didn't know about and the S&C program couldn't predict or account for. Sherman, if he'd been able to stay on schedule, would likely be a very legit 285 right now.

When Sherman came to CU a year ago, he weighed in at just 260 pounds, but had a good offseason in the weight room.
"I put on a little weight over the offseason," he said. "I was finally about to get up to 280 and then I got my wisdom teeth removed and I lost 12 pounds from that, so I'm just trying to slowly put on weight the right way again."

Often times there are things going on that we didn't know about and the S&C program couldn't predict or account for. Sherman, if he'd been able to stay on schedule, would likely be a very legit 285 right now.

When Sherman came to CU a year ago, he weighed in at just 260 pounds, but had a good offseason in the weight room.
"I put on a little weight over the offseason," he said. "I was finally about to get up to 280 and then I got my wisdom teeth removed and I lost 12 pounds from that, so I'm just trying to slowly put on weight the right way again."

The less I know the more I'm sure of it.

260? Swear his 247 profile was 280-290. Good thing the board didn't know how light he was in High School or we'd been pissed as hell that we were recruiting such a lightweight.

Last edited:

Holy crap those were big teeth!

Is Kanan Ray still hurt?
He is one of our highest rated OL recruits and I have not heard him mentioned at all.

I’m not really sure what the status with ray is. Mac said in one of his interviews that the guys that hurt their knees in the spring are out for the year which I think was just roddick and Sami.

I’m not really sure what the status with ray is. Mac said in one of his interviews that the guys that hurt their knees in the spring are out for the year which I think was just roddick and Sami.
Ray had shoulder surgery and then knee surgery but this 247 article stated he expected to be ready by July 1 at 100%. Since he is not participating (despite CU doing an MRI in January before signing), color me concerned. Hopefully a small setback that has him 100% soon enough to play in less than 4 games as a RS frosh this year.

Somebody already pointed this out in another thread, but as a rehash, Ray can be seen in a pic at Adam's annual summer BBQ. He's the guy in the Dodgers cap - no sign of any knee brace there, though you cannot really see his left knee.....not sure which side he had surgery on.. The dude is seriously talented - we could seriously use him.

Back