What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it shall always be "**** 'em up, **** 'em up, Go CU!

if i somehow make it to octogenarian, i shall be chanting it that way from my scooter through my oxygen mask while my super hot nurse checks my blood pressure.

Stay Safe Work From Home GIF by Originals
Your nurse won't be hot but she will be sweaty after riding the BART across town to your overpriced nursing home, and not washing her hands before she changes your diaper.

Maybe it's time for CU to change its fight song to a less violent and combative version. This thread may be the thing that tips the scale to something more in keeping with the city of Boulder. I mean, look what kind of good a simple name change did for the city of Washington when the Bullets became the Wizards.
Quit being pc.

Maybe it's time for CU to change its fight song to a less violent and combative version. This thread may be the thing that tips the scale to something more in keeping with the city of Boulder. I mean, look what kind of good a simple name change did for the city of Washington when the Bullets became the Wizards.
Based on our recent coaches prior to Prime.

"Go out CU, find the field,
This ain't intermurals.
Hope, hope for victory,
Everybody gets an orange slice.
We'll welcome everyone with kindness
Never be mean.
Shoulder to shoulder we will
Hug, hug,
hug, hug, hug.

Love em up, love um up,
Be PC.

Hard to top a guy like Hagan who led us to national championship levels but Darian was not much of a passer, he was a runner and an option magician.

From a standpoint of what is traditionally the role of the QB, a guy who can get the ball downfield and make plays with his arm and his leadership I'd be surprised if Shedeur doesn't quickly become the best passing QB we have ever had at CU.

Kordell could have been had he been transitioned from the option and given the coaching earlier but he was still an option QB trying to be a passing QB. Shedeur is a true passing QB.

Hard to top a guy like Hagan who led us to national championship levels but Darian was not much of a passer, he was a runner and an option magician.

From a standpoint of what is traditionally the role of the QB, a guy who can get the ball downfield and make plays with his arm and his leadership I'd be surprised if Shedeur doesn't quickly become the best passing QB we have ever had at CU.

Kordell could have been had he been transitioned from the option and given the coaching earlier but he was still an option QB trying to be a passing QB. Shedeur is a true passing QB.
Koy Detmer is the best passing QB CU has ever had - up to this point.

There are a few with more yards than Vogel. I wasn't aware Kordell had those numbers.
Surprisingly(?) Montez has the most yards - twice what Vogel had.
They all bring back great memories. One of my favs - Hessler beating OK, aftyer Schnellenberger mocked him, said they'd put an asterix next to their victory

it shall always be "**** 'em up, **** 'em up, Go CU!

if i somehow make it to octogenarian, i shall be chanting it that way from my scooter through my oxygen mask while my super hot nurse checks my blood pressure.

Stay Safe Work From Home GIF by Originals
Hospice nurse = 💉🚽🧽 ❌ 🌡️

There are a few with more yards than Vogel. I wasn't aware Kordell had those numbers.
They all bring back great memories. One of my favs - Hessler beating OK, aftyer Schnellenberger mocked him, said they'd put an asterix next to their victory

Useless. Should be normalized by games played or pass attempts. The ones at the top of the list simply started more games.

*asterisk

The fact that Montez passed for more yards than any CU QB in history demonstrates how long it has been since we have had an elite passer.

Koy Detmer was the best Passer I've seen. Stewart the best all around QB and Hagan the best running QB
Hagan was a truly elite option QB, one of the best in the history of the game. Stewart was a ridiculous athlete who got changed from one style QB to another midway through college and never really reached his potential. Detmer was a good college passer but nobody would ever call him elite.

When you consider that CU has had guys who were all-Americans, high NFL draft choices, had long NFL careers, who dominated college games at every other position the fact that we are even discussing Koy Detmer shows the lack of success we have had bringing in QBs other than when Mac was running the option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back