What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to top a guy like Hagan who led us to national championship levels but Darian was not much of a passer, he was a runner and an option magician.

From a standpoint of what is traditionally the role of the QB, a guy who can get the ball downfield and make plays with his arm and his leadership I'd be surprised if Shedeur doesn't quickly become the best passing QB we have ever had at CU.

Kordell could have been had he been transitioned from the option and given the coaching earlier but he was still an option QB trying to be a passing QB. Shedeur is a true passing QB.
I love Kordell.... but that '93 kNu game was his worst passing performance to date... only to be eclipsed by the '94 kNu game.

Guy had an awesome career and this is you lasting memory.
My lasting memory will ALWAYS be sitting in Michigan stadium in 1994. I was sititng in the front row- CU side, about the 27 yard line. I literally had a straight view of where he threw the ball. The rest of the late afternoon was a whirlwind and somehow I got out of the student police detention facility.... Oh but I remember his throw. :giggle: (I didnt really see the catch until I saw a TV.... and there were MANY Michigan fans that were tailgaiting after the game that had no idea they lost when the police were walking me to their facility.... I remember that too).

hagan and kordell were elite college qbs.

klatt, montez, deemer, pesavento would the next group of CU qbs down the ladder.

there were probably a handful of other guys that you could make a case belong in the group with klatt, etc.

shadeur could join the hagan/kordell club.

also, with the numbers he is going to put up in this offense, expect to see more elite qbs coming here down the road.
Hagan is his own level. Dude went 20-0-1 in the Big 8 and won 3 Big 8 titles and a national championship.
Kordell would be on the next level with Detmer.

Detmer is the only guy I would put with Kordell on the second tier.

My third tier would be Sefo and Pesavento. Not sure where I would rank all of the others going back to the late 60's
Where do we put Cody Hawkins? Did lead the team to a bowl game and has excellent passing stats. It's hard to evaluate him separately from feelings about his dad as HC.

I don't care about culture, says Coach Prime, while making a very intentional and clear statement designed to influence culture.

Prime is the master of the "both and..."
do you view that behavior of Sanders as dishonest? disingenuous?

My lasting memory will ALWAYS be sitting in Michigan stadium in 1994. I was sititng in the front row- CU side, about the 27 yard line. I literally had a straight view of where he threw the ball. The rest of the late afternoon was a whirlwind and somehow I got out of the student police detention facility.... Oh but I remember his throw. :giggle: (I didnt really see the catch until I saw a TV.... and there were MANY Michigan fans that were tailgaiting after the game that had no idea they lost when the police were walking me to their facility.... I remember that too).
I’ve never met anyone who was there. Incredible. We all remember where we were when it happened, I’m sure. (A good thought for another thread if it doesn’t already exist.)

As long as SS is protected this team is going to score a lot of points. I will say these videos make the Defense look pretty bad.
Tempo offenses can be a killer if they're clicking. Now imagine you just went through an entire practice and now have to go live for 20-30 minutes of this. Hell, even Georgia had a bit of trouble against this offense.

do you view that behavior of Sanders as dishonest? disingenuous?
What? No! A genius builder of culture, actually. Both things can be true.

Culture will always happen. All we can do is hope to influence in a way that is aligned with our outcomes.

He's specifically stating what the outcome is, and inviting others to take responsibility for the culture and alignment to those outcomes. By not caring about culture (he does) and focusing on his vision, he creates a vacuum that can be filled with shared purpose and norms/behaviors/beliefs that are aligned. You know...culture.

That's not duplicitous if you can hold multiple perspectives simultaneously - which he can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back