What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At one point in the team meeting, Coach Prime introduces some “newcomers” and has them list off their accomplishments. First one is Adalius Thomas, 10 year NFL LB with a Super Bowl and an all-pro season. And Jason Phillips who coached at Jackson State in Coach Prime’s first year there and currently shows as a CFL WR coach. Unclear if these two are just here to observe the start of camp or if they are being brought on as analysts but found it interesting. Michael Westbrook gets introduced and Coach Prime gives him a ton of respect too.

Starting OL today:

Lichtenhan/Bailey/Wells/Wilty/Washington. There was a pulling play where Lichtenhan came around and it looked legitimately terrifying. He’s moving so well.

Also looked like that JUCO QB arrival, Gavin Kuld, got some reps (maybe even 2nd team?). Arden Walker completely blew up a play at one point from the right side.

McCaskill and Demouy Kennedy both had non-contacts on. The only ones I noticed. McCaskill made it sound like it was completely precautionary and he’s ready to go. Saw Jay in a normal practice jersey at least so maybe/hopefully just something small.
I want McCaskill taking just enough contact to feel strong & confident for the season.

god-damn-damn.gif

They are going to go through walls and leave it all out there for Prime. This season is going to be special.

Is it just me…. Or do we look entirely different? And do we have actual grown men on our team this year? Maybe it’s just me… wishing… hoping…
One of the best parts of the video is when Prime goes to the DL room and says, “Sal, this room looks a whole lot different than before” (paraphrasing).

Think about the conversations that were being had amongst the coaches like Sal and Kelly about the players in the Spring.

Echoing what Yak stated on page 1, the OL will make or break this team's season. There's a lot to put together and it's a unit that just talent and skill is only part of the story, working together in unison is a big part of it. It's also the position group that I have tremendous faith in the staff for. I think we will be damn good, but that's based on intuition mainly. I expect OL to gel and be ready.

DL still looks thin to me. TE looks bare, but I don't suspect that's an issue we will notice so much.

Safety, where it's been mentioned that theire's 5 legit contenders for PT, most with legit P5 PT experience is deep but not excessive. There will be PT available, this position is key to ST play, and ultimately, the one position where ejections are just part of the deal.

Brutal schedule, but we will be a good team this year.

One of the best parts of the video is when Prime goes to the DL room and says, “Sal, this room looks a whole lot different than before” (paraphrasing).

Think about the conversations that were being had amongst the coaches like Sal and Kelly about the players in the Spring.
Believe Sal replied that if Prime was looking for real gold, it was in that room.

Echoing what Yak stated on page 1, the OL will make or break this team's season. There's a lot to put together and it's a unit that just talent and skill is only part of the story, working together in unison is a big part of it. It's also the position group that I have tremendous faith in the staff for. I think we will be damn good, but that's based on intuition mainly. I expect OL to gel and be ready.

DL still looks thin to me. TE looks bare, but I don't suspect that's an issue we will notice so much.

Safety, where it's been mentioned that theire's 5 legit contenders for PT, most with legit P5 PT experience is deep but not excessive. There will be PT available, this position is key to ST play, and ultimately, the one position where ejections are just part of the deal.

Brutal schedule, but we will be a good team this year.
To be successful in College Football, it comes down to: 1) Defensive Line Play 2) Quarterback play 3) Offensive Line play

I feel pretty good about #2 and #3. #1 is going to hinge 2-3 games - wins or losses. If we can’t effectively stop the run, then its maybe 3-4 wins vs 5-7 if we can. We are going to find out quick vs TCU and the nubs.

To be successful in College Football, it comes down to: 1) Defensive Line Play 2) Quarterback play 3) Offensive Line play

I feel pretty good about #2 and #3. #1 is going to hinge 2-3 games - wins or losses. If we can’t effectively stop the run, then its maybe 3-4 wins vs 5-7 if we can. We are going to find out quick vs TCU and the nubs.
I feel better about the DL than the OL TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back