What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. But are there any edge players who could rotate to interior if needed? Or play interior in special situations?
I was just thinking that. Some of the DE/EDGE guys that could handle themselves in the interior may need to raise their hand…

I was just thinking that. Some of the DE/EDGE guys that could handle themselves in the interior may need to raise their hand…

Not that there are any Dlineman just sitting around waiting for us to call, but what are the rules around how late a player can transfer and be eligible?

I am not sure how you navigate a season with 5 in the position group. I thought the same thing in terms of moving an edge inside at least in some packages or starting to figure out if any of the olineman have any level of the explosion/athleticism it takes to make the move across the line. One name that came to mind is Zilinksas just because I saw him play a little on the other side of the ball over the last couple of years. Maybe Tyler Brown?

tenor.gif

I’m on vacation for the week! I can do some early morning or late night cam watching! This camp is been exciting.

Leave tomorrow morning for Manitou. Just the hours (that I can never get back) driving through the state of Nebraska. Looking to soak in some CO sun and air to purify myself from the Nebraska-ness!

Not that there are any Dlineman just sitting around waiting for us to call, but what are the rules around how late a player can transfer and be eligible?
Until late enrollment deadline, a week after 1st classes typically. grad transfers are eligible, along with other eligible transfers, but they have to go thru the qualification/acceptance process.

Until late enrollment deadline, a week after 1st classes typically. grad transfers are eligible, along with other eligible transfers, but they have to go thru the qualification/acceptance process.
Speaking of which, just for comparison’s sake - does anyone know which players wouldn’t have made it through our old acceptance / transfer process?
All our guys seem like good dudes, so I’m just curious.

Speaking of which, just for comparison’s sake - does anyone know which players wouldn’t have made it through our old acceptance / transfer process?
All our guys seem like good dudes, so I’m just curious.
It wasn’t about being a good dude or not. It was an issue of credits toward graduation based on a students year and the policies CU had around that. Can’t remember the specifics but it made it very hard for anyone other than Seniors or grad transfers to transfer into CU

It wasn’t about being a good dude or not. It was an issue of credits toward graduation based on a students year and the policies CU had around that. Can’t remember the specifics but it made it very hard for anyone other than Seniors or grad transfers to transfer into CU
I know it’s not about being a “good dude”. What I meant by that is it seems like they all have their heads on straight and disciplined, and that makes it appear to me that it translates to the classroom. But as you mentioned, the credit thing was weird, so just wondering who we’ve got now that we wouldn’t have been able to before. There may be no way to ever figure that out. But I’m often shocked by the resourcefulness of this board.

Jahquez Robinson is listed as a safety and a recent Cubuffs article mentions him there too.

More safeties and less CB’s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back