What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is a mixture of fear and laziness. No one wants to stick their neck out and entertain the possibility that Prime is doing exactly what needed to be done. College football is still very much a morality play for a lot of reporters, so fear very much comes into play.

OTOH, as Darth and you point out, laziness is a major part of the equation as well. How hard is it to look at Sean Lewis' resume and conclude he is a significant upgrade at OC? The research takes five minutes. Same with Kelly. Or that adding two 5* corners to the secondary just might represent a talent upgrade?
Sure Sean Lewis is an upgrade at OC. But he's definitely not an upgrade in fun or lovin em up.

I've been on walk about for a bit.

Anyone mind giving me the 2 paragraph version on how everything's been going since mid-December? Transfers? Recruiting? New Coaches? Are we still stepping on our own dicks everything step?
pretty much nothing's changed -- on either the team -- or Allbuffs since last year 'round this time. same 'ole, same 'ole

fukking great to have you back, @J.R. Ewing

Anyone mind giving me the 2 paragraph version on how everything's been going since mid-December? Transfers? Recruiting? New Coaches? Are we still stepping on our own dicks everything step?
Summary.

The collective board: HOLY ****ING ****! WE'RE GOING TO BE ****ING AMAZING AND POSSIBLY GO TO THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR!

Darth Snow: DOOOOOOOOM!

Evidence suggests that the players are undersized and there aren't enough scholarship athletes to get through the season.

Colin Cowherd asked Urban Meyer if Colorado was even going to have enough scholarship players to field a team. It's laziness. The headlines were all about the roster purge, but then nobody cared about or paid attention to the reconstruction.

I know this came from McChesney, but he was on Altitude yesterday being asked by the morning guys (Moser, Kane and Lombardi) why he's so bullish on the Buffs and he basically said because of Sean Lewis and Charles Kelly. He went off about Lewis and how we have a guy running the offense who is probably qualified to be CU's HC in any other scenario where Prime isn't here.

The coaching that CP has brought in and filled the staff with is elite and giving them experience and talent. That's why this team is going to win.

I'm pretty sure I saw Meyer make a similar comment about the ACs in an interview - that Coach Prime has surrounded himself with elite coaches.

I normally would just hit the "like" button. However, I need to tell you that this is a fantastic read. Its more than even the "love" button. Great point of view.

OBTW... I have never said anything like that to liver in his 18 years on allbuffs.
your sister would say hi but her mouth is full.

I'm pretty sure I saw Meyer make a similar comment about the ACs in an interview - that Coach Prime has surrounded himself with elite coaches.
among all the things being overlooked, the quality of the staff has to be a big big one-- Coach Prime didn't bring all his guys from jackson--- we have legit elite coaches in key roles.

if the lines are serviceable, this will be a decent football team.

I was there with 5 other people. I had friends that were students at UM and they wouldn't let me sit with them in the student section (i started to.. but I had so many marshmallows thrown at me, they told me to leave). I was a face painter and I wore the grand poohbah hat so I was an annoying visiitor fan to begin with. I managed to find a few CU fans on the CU sideline at about the 30 yard line. I ended up watching the game there. I remember feeling hopeless when Salaam fumbled the ball in the endzone in the 4th quarter and thought the game was lost. Something told me to stay. I stayed and I got a GREAT view of Kordell throwing the ball. I remember leaning over the brick railing and seeing the refs hand signal touchdown and I just reacted. I jumped over the railing and headed toward the pile in the endzone. I got stopped by a University Policeman and they put on one of those plastic twist ties on my hands and then used another one to attach me to the CU bench. I was sitting there for a few minutes and several players tapped me on the shoulder/ head as they left the field. Christian Fauria proceeds to run past me and tell me "Don't worry, we will get you out soon man!" The police take me to the detention facility and I walked past MANY tailgates that people did not know that they lost. I remeber one guy specifically say..... "Hey... why are you so happy?" I yelled- "I guess you didn't stay until then end... GO WATCH THE HIGHLIGHTS!!!!! " I saw him turn to people in disbelief and start talking. I wish I could have stayed there and saw how that unfolded. Meanwhile, off to the detention facility with 9 other CU fans. They "uncuff" all of us and we were all standing in a room while the police looked around and started taking us one-by-one. They avoided me everytime. They took each person and they didn't know what to do with me because... I had face paint on. No one wanted to take my picture, no one wanted to interview me and take my information (I didnt have my wallet with me). Everyone else was processed and given a trespassing ticket and I had to wait until the Chief decided how to handle me. I ended up being truthful and giving them all of my information. They skipped the mugshot part because they wouldnt let me wash my face. About 1 hour later, I was released with just a trespassing ticket. I managed to walk back to my UM friends fraternity house and I was told that I needed to leave because Brian Griese was expected back and I couldn't be there with my facepaint.

That is my story.
I was there as well. My friend from the CU dorms had 2 brothers who played for Michigan (walk on receivers). I got heir friends/family tickets and sat behind Ty Law's family on the 50 yard line. I stood the entire game and chanted Let's Go CU! People hated me. I had stuff thrown at me and a couple people offered me money to leave. Afterwards, I heard that the players were asking who gave their tickets to a CU fan. After the Catch, I had a friendly fan tell me it was in my best interest to leave. Funny that you mentioned Brian Griese. We went back to my friends brother's apartment and he was roommates with Griese. I met him briefly and he was not happy to shake my hand. I couldn't tell if he was a dick or just unhappy with the game, but probably both. Greatest game ever until 2001 which has its own story. Time to add to the list this year. I can't wait for the season to start.

Really enjoyed this interview. Coach O’Boyle feels like the least likely to sunshine pump next to coach Sal so I really liked how clearly confident he is with the starting OL. He had no hesitation saying he feels good with our OTs. Sounds like 2nd string across the board is still a work in progress. But he also added that the DL’s strength and speed is a good challenge everyday.

Has anyone suggested to CP that he should take martial arts?

Karate Kid Wax On Wax Off GIF by Filmin

Really enjoyed this interview. Coach O’Boyle feels like the least likely to sunshine pump next season to coach Sal so I really liked how clearly confident he is with the starting OL. He had no hesitation saying he feels good with our OTs. Sounds like 2nd string across the board is still a work in progress. But he also added that the DL’s strength and speed is a good challenge everyday.

He said he’s got 6 guys maybe 7 in the rotation. More would be better but we couldn’t put 5 out there that could play at this level. So progress. I was concerned a bit about how he spoke about the defensive pressure. We are going to see heat against the ol all day every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back