What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Da Lama Add something to the conversation. They were well regarded prospects. No amount of laugh reacts changes the fact they were thought of as P5 recruits when they were in high school.

Unless you think I'm saying something different.

@Da Lama Add something to the conversation. They were well regarded prospects. No amount of laugh reacts changes the fact they were thought of as P5 recruits when they were in high school.

Unless you think I'm saying something different.
He and Les have both said they have some direct knowledge of Olsen and his mindset coming into CU. It doesn’t appear to have anything to do with his talent.

He and Les have both said they have some direct knowledge of Olsen and his mindset coming into CU. It doesn’t appear to have anything to do with his talent.
Thsts fine. My argument is that national recruiting folks considered them solid prospects.

Neither was considered a reach at the time by recruiting analysts, and Llamas argument seems to be they were reaches.

I'm not arguing they are/were good college players.

Fair take, but let’s be honest here. Fauria got here because of daddy, Olsen absolutely never should’ve been offered in the first place, and what I’ve been told is the 2 month transfer rental flashed an absolutely sh!t attitude. He’s working with a transfer and 2 walkons. Give him a year.
Solid offer list, daddy or not. LSU, Ole Miss, Iowa, Wisconsin, TCU, etc.
Arkansas, Auburn, Stanford, Tennessee, Nebraska, Notre Dame, etc.

Hard to argue they weren’t highly sought after.

Fair take, but let’s be honest here. Fauria got here because of daddy, Olsen absolutely never should’ve been offered in the first place, and what I’ve been told is the 2 month transfer rental flashed an absolutely sh!t attitude. He’s working with a transfer and 2 walkons. Give him a year.
AllBuffs rule #1, as posted again last week:

"1. The recruiting forums are our most "serious" forums. Do not mess around in those threads. Players, recruits, families, and coaches read these threads. Be respectful and stay on topic. Do not attack anyone in these threads, even each other."

There are some people who can't control their need to run down and insult people anonymously. It makes them feel good.

(you either don't understand the reason for the rule, or you just cannot control yourself - nice)

AllBuffs rule #1, as posted again last week:

"1. The recruiting forums are our most "serious" forums. Do not mess around in those threads. Players, recruits, families, and coaches read these threads. Be respectful and stay on topic. Do not attack anyone in these threads, even each other."

There are some people who can't control their need to run down and insult people anonymously. It makes them feel good.

(you either don't understand the reason for the rule, or you just cannot control yourself - nice)

This is not the recruiting forum. Player and especially ex-player (quitter) critiques are absolutely fair game here. These are professional athletes, not just student-athlete kids anymore.

This is not the recruiting forum. Player and especially ex-player (quitter) critiques are absolutely fair game here. These are professional athletes, not just student-athlete kids anymore.
Olsen and Fauria got paid?

DNVR and Thee Pregame Show video is up.

That was some great access for DNVR, and I enjoyed the discussion. Doesn’t it seem like a bit of a slap to Brian and Adam, who’ve been here covering the crappiest team in the country for years? There were times only Brian attended post-game press-conferences. Sure its a job, but they have been pretty much the only constant media supporters—for years.

Maybe they get in a different day? Sounds like only DNVR got in. Maybe I missed something.

That was some great access for DNVR, and I enjoyed the discussion. Doesn’t it seem like a bit of a slap to Brian and Adam, who’ve been here covering the crappiest team in the country for years? There were times only Brian attended post-game press-conferences. Sure its a job, but they have been pretty much the only constant media supporters—for years.

Maybe they get in a different day? Sounds like only DNVR got in. Maybe I missed something.
Do you think CP gives a **** about any of that?

I think you are making too much of this. RK and Jake got to know and network with Uncle Neely, and that led to an invite to the scrimmage. Simple as that.

And Highlander is right that CP doesn’t spend time worrying about stuff like that.

To sum up the views from the scrimmage:

- we seem to have really good #1s, but there are several positions (QB most obviously) where there’s a big decline from 1 to 2
- both offense and defense had bad penalties at times, which can/should be cleaned up in the next two weeks
- defense won the scrimmage, but offense had been winning the week prior
- McClain and Edwards don’t play like freshman

I think most other things are the narrative that has been in place since the start of camp (offense will be great is Shedeur doesn’t get hit often)

I would think CP calls the shots on any and all media access
I’m sure he called that shot (without thinking ahead of overall implications) and RG should make sure CP sees the bigger picture. The AD has the overall responsibility and may want to gently assert itself. Not return to the Plati days but have some general game plan in place.
Edit: in other words, Uncle Neely shouldn’t be making the call.

To sum up the views from the scrimmage:

- we seem to have really good #1s, but there are several positions (QB most obviously) where there’s a big decline from 1 to 2
- both offense and defense had bad penalties at times, which can/should be cleaned up in the next two weeks
- defense won the scrimmage, but offense had been winning the week prior
- McClain and Edwards don’t play like freshman

I think most other things are the narrative that has been in place since the start of camp (offense will be great is Shedeur doesn’t get hit often)
- Shedeur plays better without a grill in

It was a closed practice. It's not a "slight" to anyone if someone else gets invited. It's not an "open" practice where someone was denied a press pass. Neely has earned CP's trust over years, so he gets a different level of access. In this case, he was allowed to extend that access to work colleagues after vetting them for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back