What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My takeaways just from watching the videos:

- I did not expect (or realize he had it in him) Shedeur to throw such a great deep ball. I know it’s without true pressure but still, that deep ball is NFL pretty and accurate.

- The starting WRs catch everything. I know we might not see *everything* but my gosh they make some ridiculous contorted catches or catches in traffic like it’s nothing.

- Javon Antonio is a MAN. Doesn’t look fun to tackle him or try to break up a pass to him.

- Taijh Alston looks like an Alabama player, my gosh. Beast who is ripped with long arms. Coach Sal is always praising his technique during drills. Adam and Brian mentioned in the top Buffs countdown that he’s sorta remained under the radar since he was a little banged up in spring but that he’s going to be a big contributor for us.

- CBs get tested a lot but man they battle. Feels like they get to play a top 3rd in the conference WR core daily and it’s making them better.

A couple of nuggets I’ve heard (I apologize that these are slightly obvious):

- A good number of our transfers had options. I heard in particular that Derrick McLendon had half the SEC trying for him when he entered the transfer portal (and before I’m sure). Probably obvious here as he started 12 games for Florida State last year but I guess I just didn’t know exactly how much competition we had for guys like him. Wanted to play for Coach Prime.

- I hear excellent things about Cormani. I know the scouting on him is that he’s raw (and thin) but it sounds like he makes up for so much of it by being so long and having such ridiculous NFL combine measurables. Hard to really burn a guy like that who can catch up after a mistake. The reminder with him is that his first year switching to defense, as a sophomore, he set a school record for INTs (9) playing against the top competition in Florida. He’s also hyper competitive.

Reminder that while Nebraska won a recruiting battle against us late last year (a recruit whose family is ALL Nebraska) we also poached Miller from Nebraska. Adam said seeing him in camp, Miller has some LaViska size to him and I think this clip illustrates that pretty darn well. :oops:

I know it’s not about being a “good dude”. What I meant by that is it seems like they all have their heads on straight and disciplined, and that makes it appear to me that it translates to the classroom. But as you mentioned, the credit thing was weird, so just wondering who we’ve got now that we wouldn’t have been able to before. There may be no way to ever figure that out. But I’m often shocked by the resourcefulness of this board.
We won’t know. And the issue had to do with majors offered and acceptance of courses towards an offered major. The progress towards graduation is an NCAA rule but what CU would consider as viable credit towards a major was all up to CU and they had to become less rigid.

Reminder that while Nebraska won a recruiting battle against us late last year (a recruit whose family is ALL Nebraska) we also poached Miller from Nebraska. Adam said seeing him in camp, Miller has some LaViska size to him and I think this clip illustrates that pretty darn well. :oops:

Is the trash can the WR#1?

I feel like Omarion Miller was overlooked as a recruit because we had so many studs coming in at WR when he committed.

On the Cormani topic, from the film he looks like a star. He's had plenty of freshman mistakes but you can see the talent and ability here and it's only been a couple weeks since he arrived on campus.

share discover GIF

the select snippets we have seen are pretty encouraging. but, they are just snippets.

on paper and limited looks so far, i like our DBs, WRs, and QB1 a lot. i like the RBs.

post spring, we still haven't seen enough yet of the OL and DL and LBs or the scheme and playcylling.

special teams HAS to be better than what we saw at the spring game.

we are still under the scholarship limit so maybe we get a few more late adds? i don't know how that works this late.

so far so good.

i think we are a lock for 4 or more wins. highly variable after that.
Fairly certain we get 6 or more.

Gone are the days when no matter how hard we tried we just couldn't compete. We now have athletes at every position, guys who look like men.

We will win some games this year simply because guys will make plays that win games.

Key to the whole thing is the OL. Need to have time to pass and more importantly need to be able use the run and the short passing game to control the ball and the clock. Keep the defense of the field so we don't expose lack of depth in IDL and win the field position game so we aren't giving up cheap scores

Unlike prior years we have a coaching staff that knows how to prepare a team and to compete.

Kuld channeling Steven Montez with that back foot throw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back