What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really enjoyed this interview. Coach O’Boyle feels like the least likely to sunshine pump next to coach Sal so I really liked how clearly confident he is with the starting OL. He had no hesitation saying he feels good with our OTs. Sounds like 2nd string across the board is still a work in progress. But he also added that the DL’s strength and speed is a good challenge everyday.

:LOL: :LOL: "The culture part, Coach Prime has set that, so it's good" (paraphrashing)

haters gonna hate. we bowl this year, and the hate will go nuclear. i don't give a **** what they say about culture, fights, or any ****ing thing else. they aren't here. we are.

beat tcu and watch all these ****ers lose their ****ing minds. camp seems to be going good-- almost time.

Daily camera article today featuring Fauria which was just hot garbage.
Brewster is currently sitting at a very poor grade in my opinion.
He brought in one top recruit for his position, who bolted and evidently wasn't a fit. That's on Brewster.

He gets the benefit of the doubt it seems from us, but man, my bull**** filter has been going off for some time.

He talks up Fauria in that article, even though Brewster has never seen him practice with pads on yet.
He's the loudest voice, much of the time, let's see if he can bring the goods in a few weeks.
Fair take, but let’s be honest here. Fauria got here because of daddy, Olsen absolutely never should’ve been offered in the first place, and what I’ve been told is the 2 month transfer rental flashed an absolutely sh!t attitude. He’s working with a transfer and 2 walkons. Give him a year.

I’ve never met anyone who was there. Incredible. We all remember where we were when it happened, I’m sure. (A good thought for another thread if it doesn’t already exist.)
I knew one guy, die hard CU fan. Befriended him 5 years after that game. Said after “The Catch” the sliver of CU fans in attendance went crazy; passed Chip around crowd surfing etc. Then the CU contingent realized almost none of the U of M fans left; they were frozen, shocked at what happened. Being on the wrong side of a miracle play. That’s the way he told it.

I had to work that day, barely made it home to watch the last 4 minutes of the game. Lost my sh!t after the Hail Mary and ran around an open field outside my condo freaking out.

Someone on campus that year made a “bootleg” white/gold/black NO FEAR tee shirt that read something like:
64 yards to go
6 seconds left
NO FEAR
With a football field on it. One of the coolest CU shirts I’d ever seen.

Attachments

• IMG_3811.jpeg
    IMG_3811.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 19

Really enjoyed this interview. Coach O’Boyle feels like the least likely to sunshine pump next to coach Sal so I really liked how clearly confident he is with the starting OL. He had no hesitation saying he feels good with our OTs. Sounds like 2nd string across the board is still a work in progress. But he also added that the DL’s strength and speed is a good challenge everyday.

From personal experience and anecdotally, BOB is as straight of a shooter as they come. If he starts to say a lot of positive things about the O-line.... watch out.

I’ve never met anyone who was there. Incredible. We all remember where we were when it happened, I’m sure. (A good thought for another thread if it doesn’t already exist.)
I think the human memory registers intensity. The three things I absolutely remember in detail personally, as though they happened yesterday, are the Westbrook catch, the JFK shooting, and 9-11. The human brain is a puzzler.

Hear me out, we simply suit up Tyler and throw him on the field, what’s the worst that can happen?
Why not. There’s nothing the NCAA can actually do. They can’t enforce their penalties, the schools follow them because that’s the way it’s always been. They can’t stop CU from playing games. They have no say over bowls or the post season. They can vacate the records in their record book, whoopdie do, the real outcome of the games/season are what will be remembered. We need to follow the basketball penalty school of thought and tell the NCAA to **** off and ignore them, we’ll self enforce a couple of fewer official visits.

Daily camera article today featuring Fauria which was just hot garbage.
Brewster is currently sitting at a very poor grade in my opinion.
He brought in one top recruit for his position, who bolted and evidently wasn't a fit. That's on Brewster.

He gets the benefit of the doubt it seems from us, but man, my bull**** filter has been going off for some time.

He talks up Fauria in that article, even though Brewster has never seen him practice with pads on yet.
He's the loudest voice, much of the time, let's see if he can bring the goods in a few weeks.
I think he and Sal get replaced next year with young stud recruiters. They were teachers to fill in now

Fair take, but let’s be honest here. Fauria got here because of daddy, Olsen absolutely never should’ve been offered in the first place, and what I’ve been told is the 2 month transfer rental flashed an absolutely sh!t attitude. He’s working with a transfer and 2 walkons. Give him a year.
Fauria and Olsen were legit P5 recruits. What do you mean Olsen should never have been offered?

But ignoring that, we brought in heaps of safeties, corners, running backs, OLinemen, etc.
And we brought in one TE with a bad attitude? And then we recruited a bunch of transfers to replace him and got zilch.

Look - we will see how this goes, but on paper, with no bias, it doesn't stand up to the standard being set here. You make your own luck, and what I see on paper is that the TE coach signed one guy, who had a bad attitude and didn't last but a few months. Did I miss anything?

Fauria and Olsen were legit P5 recruits. What do you mean Olsen should never have been offered?

But ignoring that, we brought in heaps of safeties, corners, running backs, OLinemen, etc.
And we brought in one TE with a bad attitude? And then we recruited a bunch of transfers to replace him and got zilch.

Look - we will see how this goes, but on paper, with no bias, it doesn't stand up to the standard being set here. You make your own luck, and what I see on paper is that the TE coach signed one guy, who had a bad attitude and didn't last but a few months. Did I miss anything?
Can personally confirm Olsen was a bad take. Heart was never in it to the level you’d need for P5.

If all positions are good except TE where we are lacking in skill AND depth, I'll take it. Would it be better if the TE room was good? Sure, but in this offense it's not needed.

I seriously doubt at the end of the season we will be looking back and crying about our lack of star tight-ends.

However, If things don't improve for the 2024 season after preps and transfers, then we can start wondering if Brewster needs to be replaced. At this point, its just not worth getting worried about.

If all positions are good except TE where we are lacking in skill AND depth, I'll take it. Would it be better if the TE room was good? Sure, but in this offense it's not needed.

I seriously doubt at the end of the season we will be looking back and crying about our lack of star tight-ends.

However, If things don't improve for the 2024 season after preps and transfers, then we can start wondering if Brewster needs to be replaced. At this point, its just not worth getting worried about.
TE can be the difference in an offensive scheme when you don't have a great QB. The TE is a major blocking contributor and can be the safety outlet for a weaker QB.

When you have a great QB, you can roll out an extra WR....

The best TE in the NFL is really just a big receiver most of the time. I believe Kelce's blocks about 1/3 of his snaps.

(sorry... I know you Broncos fans disluke him)

TE can be the difference in an offensive scheme when you don't have a great QB. The TE is a major blocking contributor and can be the safety outlet for a weaker QB.

When you have a great QB, you can roll out an extra WR....

The best TE in the NFL is really just a big receiver most of the time. I believe Kelce's blocks about 1/3 of his snaps.

(sorry... I know you Broncos fans disluke him)
Have you looked at any tapes of Sean Lewis's past offense? He runs far more spread, with 3wr with 2 backs or 4 wr's.

TE is the least important position in a SL offense.

And with our skill at back, wr, and QB, I don't believe anyone will be considering us one dimensional because we don't have a good te, or even not have a TE on the field at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back