What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Look at #11 "NIL compensation contingent upon enrolment in a particular school" is prohibited. So unless the company paying tuition for the BYU walkons wants to also pay their tuition when they decide to go to somewhere else, deals like this are going to fall apart.
not sure I agree. all of the NIL deals that I've gotten into details for are for one season only, so if a player transfers, the NIL deal runs its course and both parties walk away,

Here is a graphic depicting the 5 national "Blue Blood" programs for every college sport. For the most part, they get it right. (Colorado is named in men's and women's cross country and in skiing.) It absolutely screws the pooch with the inclusion of ****braska in the football category. What a joke.

REALLY PISSED the Buffs didn't make it in FENCING!

With all the cattle and sheep around here, we fence as good as anybody! Signed, Desperado

REALLY PISSED the Buffs didn't make it in FENCING!

With all the cattle and sheep around here, we fence as good as anybody! Signed, Desperado
Don't mention cattle and sheep. When you do the guys from CSU (who didn't make the chart for anything including the agricultural categories) start getting excited.

Why don't you come to your senses?
The Big Lebowski Dude GIF by Working Title

I hate the ****in Eagles,man.

Here is a graphic depicting the 5 national "Blue Blood" programs for every college sport. For the most part, they get it right. (Colorado is named in men's and women's cross country and in skiing.) It absolutely screws the pooch with the inclusion of ****braska in the football category. What a joke.

I lost interest as soon as I saw that.

Even in their "glory" years kNU wasn't a blue blood

They routinely padded their records by playing a bunch of directional body bag games OOC. For most of those years Kansas, Kansas State, and Iowa State were among the worst teams in college football. A 9-10 win season isn't so impressive when you have 7 opponents who are free wins before you even start

Alright, I have a quick question related to this that I hope someone who has been following college football longer than me can answer.

I wasn't really old enough to start following football until the late 90s; I have no recollection of Nebraska's mid-90s run other than knowing that they were really good and the one team the Buffs couldn't seem to beat.

I was reading up on their 95 team to see if I agreed with the above comment... How is it that they were able to play so many goddamn home games? They had 7 regular season home games that season, and at one point played a stretch of FIVE games at home in a row while never having to do more than two road games in a row. This seems like it would never happen today. It seems quite apparent that their schedule was arranged very favorably. Was the old Big 8 heavily committed to letting the premier programs do what they wanted? I can't recall a schedule like that ever happening in Boulder.

I'm sure Nebraska was very good that year (they waxed pretty much everyone on their schedule) but I'm sure they would have probably lost out on at least one of the national titles had they been dealt a schedule similar to what CU played back in those days...

Alright, I have a quick question related to this that I hope someone who has been following college football longer than me can answer.

I wasn't really old enough to start following football until the late 90s; I have no recollection of ****braska's mid-90s run other than knowing that they were really good and the one team the Buffs couldn't seem to beat.

I was reading up on their 95 team to see if I agreed with the above comment... How is it that they were able to play so many goddamn home games? They had 7 regular season home games that season, and at one point played a stretch of FIVE games at home in a row while never having to do more than two road games in a row. This seems like it would never happen today. It seems quite apparent that their schedule was arranged very favorably. Was the old Big 8 heavily committed to letting the premier programs do what they wanted? I can't recall a schedule like that ever happening in Boulder.

I'm sure ****braska was very good that year (they waxed pretty much everyone on their schedule) but I'm sure they would have probably lost out on at least one of the national titles had they been dealt a schedule similar to what CU played back in those days...
It was the Big 8—meaning every other year you were only required to play 3 away games. The rest of the schedule was up to the schools to schedule.

Seeing a blue bloods of M Hockey with no BU on there is a glaring error. Not sure you can remove any of the other teams though. Seems odd to self limit the number of programs you can include.

I wasn't really old enough to start following football until the late 90s; I have no recollection of ****braska's mid-90s run other than knowing that they were really good and the one team the Buffs couldn't seem to beat.

I'm sure ****braska was very good that year (they waxed pretty much everyone on their schedule) but I'm sure they would have probably lost out on at least one of the national titles had they been dealt a schedule similar to what CU played back in those days...

It was the Big 8—meaning every other year you were only required to play 3 away games. The rest of the schedule was up to the schools to schedule.
What NYC said.

The conference only controls the conference schedule, the out of conference the school controls. The Big 8 had, well eight teams. So there were only 7 conference games for each team, and that meant every other year you only had 3 conference away games.

If you wanted to fill out the rest of your schedule by paying directional schools and the little sisters of the blind to come lose in your stadium, you could - and NU did.

CU historically has taken a different approach: anyone, anytime - it's glorious when we're good, and pretty goddamn rough when we're bad. OTOH, unlike the nubs we rarely finish OOC thinking we're better than we actually are.

A tougher schedule wouldn't have made a difference with that '95 Husker squad...they were on a different level physically compared to the rest of college football that year. Not even Alabama the last decade can say they dominated like that '95 Husker squad. The Big 8 was very strong that year with four double digit winning teams that year and Nebraska whipped the other three 10 win teams that year. I will never forget Ahmad Green scoring at CU on his first carry of the game and he made it look easy.

Just find the Fiesta Bowl tape between Nebraska & Florida that year and then you will see what I'm talking about.

A few more days and Nebraska will be 0-1 with another lose to Illinois. I am going to post what one of my cornsucker "friends" sent me. I don't know the names listed but sure someone else will. Here it is.
"So the write up definitely comes off as a hit piece. There were racial tensions last summer during the protests and thats were some of the Lambrecht issues started. Frost asked clester Johnson if he came off as racist and clester told him he had to figure it out. Frost reached out to him out of the blue which was weird since they are not close. Other little things like the golf team has to wait until he and Davison are done on the golf simulator before they can practice. Frost and company don't show up to the stadium until 11 am. Inconsistent discipline for guys like Mills, Mo, and Manning. He's deteriorating personally with all of the pressure. Haven't had a recruiting strategy meeting and it seems like we are just taking whoever wants to commit. All kinds of rumors that Frost is a heavy drinker, he's not paying attention, etc and might be on his way out after this season."

:)

A few more days and ****braska will be 0-1 with another lose to Illinois. I am going to post what one of my cornsucker "friends" sent me. I don't know the names listed but sure someone else will. Here it is.
"So the write up definitely comes off as a hit piece. There were racial tensions last summer during the protests and thats were some of the Lambrecht issues started. Frost asked clester Johnson if he came off as racist and clester told him he had to figure it out. Frost reached out to him out of the blue which was weird since they are not close. Other little things like the golf team has to wait until he and Davison are done on the golf simulator before they can practice. Frost and company don't show up to the stadium until 11 am. Inconsistent discipline for guys like Mills, Mo, and Manning. He's deteriorating personally with all of the pressure. Haven't had a recruiting strategy meeting and it seems like we are just taking whoever wants to commit. All kinds of rumors that Frost is a heavy drinker, he's not paying attention, etc and might be on his way out after this season."

I'm more sad about that than anything. I mean, I want huskers to lose every game, and suck at all things all of the time. But aside from general despondency, I can do without the human wreckage and racism.

Seeing a blue bloods of M Hockey with no BU on there is a glaring error. Not sure you can remove any of the other teams though. Seems odd to self limit the number of programs you can include.
Wisconsin should be on there before BU. Just sayin'. Seems just right as is, though.

Wisconsin should be on there before BU. Just sayin'. Seems just right as is, though.
I disagree. Wisconsin has 6 National titles and 12 Frozen Four appreances, while BU has 5 National championships and 22 Frozen Four appearances. IMO, earning ten more trips to the FF speaks to the longevity and storied history of BU, more than that extra championship does for Wiscy.
Not that either program should be left out of any blue blood conversation.

A few more days and ****braska will be 0-1 with another lose to Illinois. I am going to post what one of my cornsucker "friends" sent me. I don't know the names listed but sure someone else will. Here it is.

So I don’t know anything specifically about Dedrick Mills other than the fact he got qualified academically by some miracle. Maurice Washington was their POS RB who sent a former HS classmate a traumatizing sexual video of her to taunt her after she said no to him. He had all the potential in the world but was lazy and didn’t go to class or practice but Frost badly needed him so he let it slide. Here’s an interesting interview with one of their OL talking about Washington:

He also notoriously hated running between the tackles and found creative new ways to bounce every run to the outside so at one point Frost called every single run inside to prove a point and he just kept bouncing it outside lol.

Omar Manning is another headcase they landed from TCU. He was immediately put on this grand pedestal at Nebraska where Frost said he could change their offense by himself:

When he transferred, one of the TCU writers said Omar saw himself as a Saturday WR, meaning just let him show up on Saturday and he will get you your production but leave him alone during the week. Well surprise surprise, that’s exactly what he’s been doing and he didn’t play a snap last year because of it. All the reports were that he was hyper focused in the spring and fall camp outside of one slip up. But now there are rumors he’s been flaking again. Frost needs him tho so he continues to let him get away with it which doesn’t sit well with guys who practice everyday.

There’s a ton of rumors about party boy Frost going around. Frost and his coaches are bros. They are close friends with an owner of a nightclub in Lincoln and spend a lot of time there partying. It was a source of tension last year because the players weren’t able to do anything due to the pandemic while Frost and the coaches continued to party downtown.

Nebraska @ Illinois at 10 am PDT 8/28 (tomorrow!) is the first FBS kickoff of the season. Illinois is the underdog at +7, which may be a good bet for those so inclined. Illinois has a whole new coaching staff and defensive scheme, but has one of the highest percentages in the nation of returning covid-year super seniors. This means that they basically have the same team that pounded the Corn 41-23 last season in Lincoln.

****braska @ Illinois at 10 am PDT 8/28 (tomorrow!) is the first FBS kickoff of the season. Illinois is the underdog at +7, which may be a good bet for those so inclined. Illinois has a whole new coaching staff and defensive scheme, but has one of the highest percentages in the nation of returning covid-year super seniors. This means that they basically have the same team that pounded the Corn 41-23 last season in Lincoln.

I can't for the life of me come up with another explanation for why half this board is getting 7 points in that game tomorrow other than Nub fans truly are that ****ing dumb.

Back