What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs Dance Resume Thread

Hi, I'm Team A. I have 5 losses. I'm 36th in RPI. I have played the 97th ranked schedule in terms of strength, and I have gone 3-5 against the top 100 RPI teams. I have exactly one win against the top 50 teams in the country. I'm ranked 21st in the AP poll, and 22nd in the coaches.

Hi, I'm Team B. I have 5 losses. I'm 21st in RPI. I have played the 48th ranked schedule in terms of strength, and I have gone 7-5 against the top 100 RPI teams. I have 3 wins against the top 50. I received one vote in the AP Poll last week, but not any votes at all this week.

Hi, I'm Team C. I have 5 losses. I'm 34th in RPI. I have played the 123rd ranked schedule in terms of strength, and I have gone 8-5 against the top 100 RPI teams. I have 2 wins against the top 50. I'm ranked 23rd in the AP poll and 20th in the coaches.

Team A- Wichita State
Team B- Colorado
Team C- Arizona
I love this post so much. Reputation based voting is the most annoying thing. Though it did give CU football a preseason rank for a few years in the late 90s when they probably didn't deserve it.

can someone explain to me why homecourt advantage is so distinct in college basketball?
Sooo, first thx for an awesome forum...unreal what is contributed for a guy based in Sweden who can't stop routing for the mighty Buffs. Anyway, to parlay from tennis...indoors throws you a lot of new surroundings with lighting and depth (court and space around it) that will play with your mind. In a tennis tournament you hope to get an easy first match to get familiar with the surroundings (no such luxury with an away bball game). With Boulder altitude though, it is even worse, it really takes time to adjust going away. The pace and depth of your shots are just way different. Then of course, put the crowd into that equation and it is easy to understand why away is such a hostile environment...more so for us bec of the altitude IMHO.

I think washington for rpi because we play them twice, but at this point with an RPI of mid-low 20s we should start rooting for teams tied/ahead of us in conf play to lose if we want to make a serious run at a regular season title.

Who should we root for here?
TL;DR Root for a Washington loss

For RPI purposes we should root for Washington, because we play them twice and only play ASU once. However, for conference standings purposes we should root for ASU. Washington is 6-3 in conference and ASU is 2-7, so adding a home loss for Washington would help the Buffs in obtaining a top 4 conference record.

TL;DR Root for a Washington loss (it sounds dirty to say root for ASU)

For RPI purposes we should root for Washington, because we play them twice and only play ASU once. However, for conference standings purposes we should root for ASU. Washington is 6-3 in conference and ASU is 2-7, so adding a home loss for Washington would help the Buffs in obtaining a top 4 conference record.

Washington beats ASU in OT.

Think we wanted an ASU win there. Getting a top 4 seed and a bye in the conference tourney is a bigger concern now than RPI rank. As long as the Buffs finish in the top 6 their RPI rank should be fine.

I was glad that Washington won.

We still control our own destiny in the conference. Them being Top 50 RPI makes a huge difference for our resume, though.

At this point, I think we should be big, big, big 'Furd fans. They're 58 in RPI and CU has a 2 game conference lead over them plus the tie-breaker for P12 seeding. If they could get into the top 50, it would immediately give CU two top 50 RPI wins.

Auburn and PSU's tailspins over the past two weeks hurt. need those guys to get back into the top 100.

I completely updated the OP tables for today, Thursday 2/4.

Only thing that isn't great about the CU resume is the record against the Top 50 (2-5).

Programs just outside of that which could dramatically change things would be Stanford, BYU and Oregon State moving up from the 50s and 60s into that range.

Auburn and Penn State have fallen just outside the Top 100. That's a road and a neutral win, so it would be huge if they could each get their sh!t together.

And we've got CSU hanging out at 189. Missed the opportunity for a road win at SDSU that would have likely put them in the Top 150 and given us another quality road win. We could really use a good final third of the season from the Rams.

Hampton at 187 is another close one. Hard for them to move up with their strength of schedule, but you never know. Washington State also hanging out at 168 has a lot of opportunities to get an upset in Pac-12 play that gets them back in the Top 150. Last, we've got Omaha having played its way to 135. If they can maintain Top 150, it's about all I hope for. Would take a hell of a run for them to get to the Top 100.

Last edited:
I completely updated the OP tables for today, Thursday 2/4.

Only thing that isn't great about the CU resume is the record against the Top 50 (2-5).

Programs just outside of that which could dramatically change things would be Stanford, BYU and Oregon State moving up from the 50s and 60s into that range.

Auburn and Penn State have fallen just outside the Top 100. That's a road and a neutral win, so it would be huge if they could each get their sh!t together.

And we've got CSU hanging out at 189. Missed the opportunity for a road win at SDSU that would have likely put them in the Top 150 and given us another quality road win. We could really use a good final third of the season from the Rams.

Hampton at 187 is another close one. Hard for them to move up with their strength of schedule, but you never know. Washington State also hanging out at 168 has a lot of opportunities to get an upset in Pac-12 play that gets them back in the Top 150. Last, we've got Omaha having played its way to 135. If they can maintain Top 150, it's about all I hope for. Would take a hell of a run for them to get to the Top 100.

I think BYU, Stanford, or OSU finishing top 50 is very unlikely. At this point CU needs to take care of business themselves. Had chances agsinst SMU and Utah and didn't. A couple wins from Oregon, USC, Arizona, and Utah would solidify the resume no matter what any former opponents do.

I think BYU, Stanford, or OSU finishing top 50 is very unlikely. At this point CU needs to take care of business themselves. Had chances agsinst SMU and Utah and didn't. A couple wins from Oregon, USC, Arizona, and Utah would solidify the resume no matter what any former opponents do.

They're all likely to finish outside. BYU has the best shot as they should pile up wins down the stretch and get to face St. Mary's and Gonzaga in Provo. With that mind, I wouldn't write off BYU.

Stanford and Oregon State, yeah, I think they're just going to lose too many games. They'll slowly slide towards 70 over the next few weeks unless you see either squad pick up some road wins or string together some quality home wins.

Need to beat Washington and hope they remain top 50 now that they've worked their way up, but there's no guarantee with them either. They may well join that stockpile of wins that end up just outside the top 50.

Need to beat Washington and hope they remain top 50 now that they've worked their way up, but there's no guarantee with them either. They may well join that stockpile of wins that end up just outside the top 50.

Yup. I'd be surprised if Washington finishes top 50 (unless they beat us in Boulder). That is a must win.

Loss to Oregon did nothing. CU 22nd

Oregon State knocks off Utah, 71-69. Beavs now 55th

BYU with a big win over a 2 loss St. Mary's squad. BYU is now all the way up to 50.

Our resume just got a little better. Louisville out of the dance. Self imposed ban. One more spot opens up.

Can't find a link yet.

The Oregon loss didn't hurt us in bracketology. We remain a 6 seed on CBS and an 8 seed on ESPN.

The Ducks are a 2 or 3 seed. I think they fully deserve it with their incredible resume against the top 50 rpi.

Well with Louisville's postseason ban we move one spot up

Considering postseason bans, it's CU slides up 2 slots this year (SMU & Louisville). That could very well move the Buffs up a seed in the Dance. Could be a huge difference if we're talking a 6 instead of a 7, for example.

Iowa State with a solid road win at Okie Lite with its Center (Jameel McKay) suspended. Totally different team than CU played in the opener with both McKay and Naz out of the lineup.

Wtf is happening to Omaha? They were tied atop the conference, then lost at 0-9 W. Illinois and now are losing to a poor DU side at home late

Omaha falls at home to Denver. Something wrong there, second awful loss in a row.

Air Force knocks off 16-7 Boise, 61-53. Very nice

That Omaha loss hurts. I wonder if they've got an injury or something.

AFA win surprises me. Boise State is better than them.

Back