What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs Dance Resume Thread

Thursday:

Omaha 14-7 (6-1) @ South Dakota State 16-5 (5-2): Omaha sits alone atop the Summit, with 3 teams one game behind. SDSU is probably the best team in the conference on paper, boasting an impressive RPI of 47. A road win here would be huge for Omaha's hopes of winning the regular season and would result in a significant boost for their already solid RPI of 129. Tall order though. SDSU favored by 7.5

Oregon State 12-6 (3-4) @ Arizona State 11-9 (1-6): Key game for OSU, both in keeping their Dance hopes legitimate and to not start being left behind in the Pac standings. OSU is coming off a big win over USC and their RPI sits right at 50. However, they've already dropped two winnable home games (Stanford, UCLA) so you figure they've got to make up for that on the road at some point if they're to truly challenge for a Dance spot. Add in the fact that the Beavs play in Tucson next, and there's got to be a sense of urgency to not drop both and sit at 3-6 at the halfway point. For ASU, it's just about getting a win right now. It's testament to how ridiculously strong the Pac12 is that ASU is sitting tied for the bottom of the conference at 1-6 and yet still has an RPI of 75. There's still time for ASU to work its way back up the standings a bit, but it absolutely has to start with a win here. Lose this and you can already slot ASU into the 11 seed in Las Vegas. Sun Devils favored by 5

#23 Oregon 16-4 (5-2) @ #18 Arizona 16-4 (4-3): Probably the most glamorous Pac game of the season thus far. It's not hard to imagine that these two might end up being seeds 1 and 2 in Vegas. This is their only regular season meeting, so the stakes are even higher. As impressive as Oregon has looked at times, they've been shaky on the road outside of blowing Utah's doors off in SLC. You get the feeling this might be the year for someone to best Zona, although the Wildcats have risen to the occasion in the past when a challenger has appeared. This should be a great game. Arizona favored by 7.5

Portland 9-13 (3-6) vs San Francisco 10-9 (4-5): Nothing has changed with Portland, they still suck. Far more than they should. RPI is a woeful 250. They're actually favored by 5 over the Dons, though.

Washington 13-6 (5-2) @ UCLA 12-8 (3-4): This was a great game the first time around, with the Huskies winning 96-93 in 2OT. It's only January, but this a crucial game for these teams and their NCAA Tournament hopes. Washington sits tied atop the Pac, yet has an RPI of just 73. UCLA's up and down season has them sitting at 48. Both schools have challenging remaining schedules. Bruins favored by 6

Washington State 9-10 (1-6) @ USC 15-5 (4-3): USC got swept up in Oregon, but is still sitting pretty with an RPI of 22. This should be just what the doctor ordered for getting back to winning ways. USC dominated Wazzu in Pullman a few weeks back. Trojans favored by 13.

BYU 14-7 (5-3) vs Loyola Marymount 10-10 (3-6): BYU won at Gonzaga and was in great shape to challenge for the conference title with St. Mary's and Gonzaga still to visit Provo....then they went and screwed it all up by dropping road games at Portland and Pepperdine. I guess the good news is that BYU's RPI is still decent at 68. If they can end strong by pulling those home upsets they could still be a quality win yet.

That ****ing Utah collapse is going to haunt the Buffs all season.

6-2 would look damn good right now.

Just crossing my fingers hoping it doesn't end up costing us a bye or the regular season. Utes are definitely now in the advantage having swept the Washington swing.

Just crossing my fingers hoping it doesn't end up costing us a bye or the regular season. Utes are definitely now in the advantage having swept the Washington swing.

If it does cost us the #4 spot and we slide to #5, it may not be the worst thing in the world. Another game against Wazzu to potentially pad the resume can't hurt (unless we blow it in which case we deserve to not dance).

If it does cost us the #4 spot and we slide to #5, it may not be the worst thing in the world. Another game against Wazzu to potentially pad the resume can't hurt (unless we blow it in which case we deserve to not dance).

Adding win #21 or 22 isn't all bad, at least for the eye test, but unless Wazzu can get within the top 150 it won't be worth much beyond that. I'm also wanting the bye more than usual this year because I think it's as good of a chance as any for us to make a run to the final (or beyond if we shoot 13/19 from deep). It's a double edge sword with 11 teams capable of making the semifinals, but there's no team lurking that I know for certain these Buffs can't beat on a neutral court.

Who should us Buffs fans be rooting for in the UO-UA game? A Zona win would clog up the standings at the top, but an Oregon win makes our win look better. We also play them twice and any loss UA takes at home is good for the rest of the PAC.

Who should us Buffs fans be rooting for in the UO-UA game? A Zona win would clog up the standings at the top, but an Oregon win makes our win look better. We also play them twice and any loss UA takes at home is good for the rest of the PAC.
This is the perfect opportunity to cheer against both teams. Enjoy!

Oregon and washington going to get road wins, was hoping they would lose to have a 6 way tie for first.

If UCLA loses this it will be the first time I've had some major doubts that they will do what's necessary to make the NCAA Tournament

UW showed it's not going to collapse and will be tough to bounce out of a bye spot. Huskies also took a big step towards an NCAA Tournament bid. Their RPI is up to 50

I've now got doubts as to whether UCLA is a Big Dance team. Just 12-9 and an RPI of 66.

It occurred to me today that CU very well may not get a shot at a ranked opponent on their home floor once this season. That would be unfortunate. Have to hope Zona either pulls it together or Washington somehow keeps it up.

I know it's said repeatedly how quickly a hoops team can turn around, but I've been really surprised by Washington. They were meh to outright awful the last two years.

Also Welsh fouled out in only 15 minutes. Can't remember the last time I saw that.

It occurred to me today that CU very well may not get a shot at a ranked opponent on their home floor once this season. That would be unfortunate. Have to hope Zona either pulls it together or Washington somehow keeps it up.
Hmm. Semantics maybe, but Oregon is ranked now, after we beat their sorry asses.

Washington has to go to USC and Utah and has Arizona at home. Incredibly unlikely they win all three, but if they somehow did, they will be ranked.

Arizona has a pretty favorable schedule before the Buffs meet them. Toughest game will be in Seattle but they'll likely be favored in all of them. And they're Arizona, so they will probably be a top 25 team again by the time they come to Boulder.

I've now got doubts as to whether UCLA is a Big Dance team. Just 12-9 and an RPI of 66.

They are in a lot of trouble, but I wouldn't count them out yet. Remember last year when they went 20-13 and still got in because they are UCLA? And then of course they made it to the sweet 16. That pretty much sums up how weird of a team they are.

They are in a lot of trouble, but I wouldn't count them out yet. Remember last year when they went 20-13 and still got in because they are UCLA? And then of course they made it to the sweet 16. That pretty much sums up how weird of a team they are.

They'll definitely get the benefit of the doubt if they're on the bubble. Still plenty of time to
fix the resume, but they've reached a point where there's not really any room left for bad losses/ home losses to middling Pac teams. Is this team going to go all the way into March without another stupid result or two?

I love that seeding. I don't fear Miami, and there would be nothing better than a Sweet Sixteen matchup with KU.

Back