What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Michigan Score Prediction Thread

A troll? Haha no, just a Michigan fanatic, do Hail Marys suck? Sure they do in the moment, looking back at it though, CU didn't win the conference and Michigan lost 4 games, it's not like either team were world beaters that year, it just doesn't have an effect anymore, it's just kind of like "it happened, oh well"

#3 in the country, and IMO (and many others), the best CU team of all time. ***hate for Fuskers returning...rising... rising*** Huck the Fuskers!

#3 in the country, and IMO (and many others), the best CU team of all time. ***hate for Fuskers returning...rising... rising*** Huck the Fuskers!
How can you say it's your best team of all time when you won the title in '90. That's like me saying "sure the '97 Michigan team that won the national title had one of the greatest defense's ever, but that '85 defense was just as good so I think they're better".....you know what, I re-tract that statement, Osbourne gave you guys hell when he had Nebby rolling

It was one of the greatest plays in CFB history and it happened with our school - of course we remember it fondly.

A troll? Haha no, just a Michigan fanatic, do Hail Marys suck? Sure they do in the moment, looking back at it though, CU didn't win the conference and Michigan lost 4 games, it's not like either team were world beaters that year, it just doesn't have an effect anymore, it's just kind of like "it happened, oh well"
You can't pretend that play didn't matter. It serves as an indelible memory in our national collective college football conscience. The play, circa 1981 is still important. The Bluegrass miracle is still important. The Miracle in Michigan is important not to just CU fans, but all college football fans.

You can't downplay the success those teams had in 1994, either. Ours was a one-loss team (11-1). A team that put something like 21 players in the NFL.

Michigan was a thing back then. While we've slid to the cellar, you have to acknowledge that Michigan--since what, 1997?--has slipped to mediocrity. I'm certain that with "Harbs" (JFC), you'll pull yourself back to previous glory. But in 1994, those were to top 10 teams, and that decade was a high point in Michigan's history (regardless of a disappointing 1994 campaign).

When you see CU, you see a bad football team. I get that. CU has been very bad for a decade. But what we, as fans, see is a team that has won a conference title every decade since the 1940s. Few teams can claim the same. We remember our team's national championship and our Heisman. I know that Michigan can claim the same accomplishments, and despite your recent mediocrity, it binds you as fans. When I graduated, I think CU ranked 12th in all time wins. We've slipped considerably since then. We're not a blue-blood, but we're historically better than an "also ran".

But forget what we see as fans. Let's talk about our players. They believe that now is the time. Their time. They believe the rise is real (as do we as fans). It's a storybook statement if the team can prove to the nation that the rise is real in The Big House. One of our great team moments happened there, and it seems fitting. If the uniforms are similar, even better. This isn't about likelihood (I get that it's against the odds--that's what makes this so much fun). It's about making a statement. You should be flattered that the team wants to make it in Ann Arbor of all places. For football, it beats the **** out of Eugene, for instance.

So this isn't some sort of psychological warfare. It's about CU's football team, what they believe, and what they want to accomplish.

Last edited:
How can you say it's your best team of all time when you won the title in '90. That's like me saying "sure the '97 Michigan team that won the national title had one of the greatest defense's ever, but that '85 defense was just as good so I think they're better".....you know what, I re-tract that statement, Osbourne gave you guys hell when he had Nebby rolling
Just because CU didn't win a national title in 94 doesn't mean it wasn't their most talented team ever. Their only loss was to the eventual National Champion, who is considered to be one of the greatest teams of all time (I just threw up a little).

You can't pretend that play didn't matter. It serves as an indelible memory in our national collective college football conscience. The play, circa 1981 is still important. The Bluegrass miracle is still important. The Miracle in Michigan is important not to just CU fans, but all college football fans.

You can downplay the success those teams had in 1994, either. Ours was a one-loss team (11-1). A team that put something like 21 players in the NFL.

Michigan was a thing back then. While we've slid to the cellar, you have to acknowledge that Michigan--since what, 1997?--has slipped to mediocrity. I'm certain that with "Harbs" (JFC), you'll pull yourself back to previous glory. But in 1994, those were to top 10 teams, and that decade was a high point in Michigan's history (regardless of a disappointing 1994 campaign).

When you see CU, you see a bad football team. I get that. CU has been very bad for a decade. But what we, as fans, see is a team that has won a conference title every decade since the 1940s. Few teams can claim the same. We remember our team's national championship and our Heisman. I know that Michigan can claim the same accomplishments, and despite your recent mediocrity, it binds you as fans. When I graduated, I think CU ranked 12th in all time wins. We've slipped considerably since then. We're not a blue-blood, but we're historically better than an "also ran".

But forget what we see as fans. Let's talk about our players. They believe that now is the time. Their time. They believe the rise is real (as do we as fans). It's a storybook statement if the team can prove to the nation that the rise is real in The Big House. One of our great team moments happened there, and it seems fitting. If the uniforms are similar, even better. This isn't about likelihood (I get that it's against the odds--that's what makes this so much fun). It's about making a statement. You should be flattered that the team wants to make it in Ann Arbor of all places. For football, it beats the **** out of Eugene, for instance.

So this isn't some sort of psychological warfare. It's about CU's football team, what they believe, and what they want to accomplish.

I'm confused. I thought we were playing Delaware this week. o_O

It doesn't sound like you were alive in 1994.

It doesn't sound like you were alive in 1994.
I was(I was only 7 but I remember it). I already admitted it, it sucked when it happened, but I look back on it and it's just not a big deal to me because we WERENT that good of a team, if we were 11-1 or something with the Hail Mary being our only loss, I'm sure it would hurt a lot more, but for God sakes we were 8-4 that year. I'll give you an example, App State 2007, I was at the game, I vomited afterwords in the parking lot, it was terrible, but I look back at it now and I don't care, it happened and it's in the past, I still watch highlights of that game because it was so good. Now my father would agree with all of you, he wants to kick the crap out of Colorado this weekend and he turns away whenever someone even MENTIONS Stewert

I'm unfamiliar with Michigan's uni, did they really copy UDel? Pics might help.
Delaware uses the winged helmet design that Michigan also uses (plus they have a kind of similar color scheme). It actually originates from Princeton, whose coach moved to Michigan and used the same design. But one of his players also became a HC and used the same design at several places including Delaware.

I'm unfamiliar with Michigan's uni, did they really copy UDel? Pics might help.
It does look like they copied Delaware's uniforms!

650x366

Delaware uses the winged helmet design that Michigan also uses (plus they have a kind of similar color scheme). It actually originates from Princeton, whose coach moved to Michigan and used the same design. But one of his players also became a HC and used the same design at several places including Delaware.
It's a shame they're so generic.

I was(I was only 7 but I remember it). I already admitted it, it sucked when it happened, but I look back on it and it's just not a big deal to me because we WERENT that good of a team, if we were 11-1 or something with the Hail Mary being our only loss, I'm sure it would hurt a lot more, but for God sakes we were 8-4 that year. I'll give you an example, App State 2007, I was at the game, I vomited afterwords in the parking lot, it was terrible, but I look back at it now and I don't care, it happened and it's in the past, I still watch highlights of that game because it was so good. Now my father would agree with all of you, he wants to kick the crap out of Colorado this weekend and he turns away whenever someone even MENTIONS Stewert
Bro y'all were lucky to even be in that game. Our dicks were probably sore after that game, we sure as hell stepped on them enough.

Is it true the mighty buffs haven't been to a bowl since 2007?

your user name.... oh, the 5th down game. ahahahaha. i get it! yeah, that's funny and original. if not 5, then how many downs does harbaugh need to win a national championship by the way? just wondering...

your user name.... oh, the 5th down game. ahahahaha. i get it! yeah, that's funny and original. if not 5, then how many downs does harbaugh need to win a national championship by the way? just wondering...

Maybe he should start with a conference title. Harbaugh has never won anything. Been close a lot. Perfect fit for Michigan, actually.

Maybe he should start with a conference title. Harbaugh has never won anything. Been close a lot. Perfect fit for Michigan, actually.

but they have won a national championship more recently than we have, right? surely, harbaugh has multiple national championships, right?

What is the over/under on boogers consumed on camera?
Normally I would say "what's the spread?", but then I remembered that a Michigan Man does not spread his boogers on any surface; he consumes them furtively on national television.

Honestly I don't know how he's going to top this during our game. Can he actually migrate a crusty dingleberry from his pale asscrack all the way up to the gap in his front teeth? I'll be eagerly tuned to the B¡G network to find out...

Bro y'all were lucky to even be in that game. Our dicks were probably sore after that game, we sure as hell stepped on them enough.
Haha I feel like your memory is fading you good sir! Michigan came out and played like absolute crap, just terrible, they got a severe ass-chewing at halftime and came out with their heads on fire, Michigan dominated the second half, I seem to remember my dad saying, this games over, but Michigan last it in the most Michigan-esq way ever, ran it 3 times and gave CU the ball back, the rest is history

Haha I feel like your memory is fading you good sir! Michigan came out and played like absolute crap, just terrible, they got a severe ass-chewing at halftime and came out with their heads on fire, Michigan dominated the second half, I seem to remember my dad saying, this games over, but Michigan last it in the most Michigan-esq way ever, ran it 3 times and gave CU the ball back, the rest is history
Congratulations, that game will never be forgotten.. We did plenty of dick stepping that day.

Back