What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. TCU Game Thread

Stanley had 1 reception for 17 yards today for Iowa State. Not sure this is the week to make a case for the CU transfers one way or another. We’ll see, but it looks like CU is going be bad again, so good for them for getting out, but they are all seemingly JAGs on their respective teams. We’ll see

Stanley had 1 reception for 17 yards today for Iowa State. Not sure this is the week to make a case for the CU transfers one way or another. We’ll see, but it looks like CU is going be bad again, so good for them for getting out, but they are all seemingly JAGs on their respective teams. We’ll see
Rice had 1 reception for 5 yards. He's buried in the depth chart.

RE: Attendance.

Announced last night was 47k. The announced number is tickets sold, not bodies in the stadium. Going to expect that some of those tickets sold went to long timers who just automatically buy tickets each year but expect that the no-shows in that group were high.

Also know that a substantial number of season tickets are sold to corporate or business accounts who use them for sales and promotional reasons. Again betting that more than a few of these tickets went unused.

And from the looks of the crowd on TV last night at least 20k of the fans there were TCU fans come to see their team pick up a win in Boulder, most of our future opponents don't travel nearly as well.

Expect the rest of the season to hear announced attendance number close to 40k or above for the first part of the season. Then when our putrid level of play becomes obvious and single game ticket sales dry up we will drop into the mid to low 30s.

The reality though is that we may end up with some games with much closer to 20k actually fans in the stadium.
TCU fans traveled well and why CU needs to go to the Big 12 if offered. It's fun seeing fans from other schools come to Boulder other than NU ones.
Big12 fans care much more than PAC 12 fans.

Regardless of what Rice and Stanley did for their teams this week, does anybody not think they both would make this CU team better? Our best WR yesterday was Arias. A guy who has been the definition of “meh” during his tenure at CU.

Of course, we need a decent QB to get them the ball, so perhaps it’s a moot point.

You think he regrets his decision after last night and today!
Nope. It’s one week. As I said, not the best week to say one way or the other, but 1 for 5 and 1 for 17 for Rice and Stanley isn’t changing the narrative most of us backed this offseason

May have already been discussed, but the student section was full and fired up. Maybe best I've seen since following the team for nine seasons.

The crew i usually go to games with likes to stand on the bleachers in the student section so I'm there for about 75% of my Folsom games.

I thought Sneed was supposed to be good. I think I only saw him get one catch for us. Probably because our mess quarterback situation.

I thought Sneed was supposed to be good. I think I only saw him get one catch for us. Probably because our mess quarterback situation.
He’s still coming back from injury so I hope they were limiting his snaps to ease him back in.

If not, then our coaching staff is brain dead considering I’m pretty sure the walk-on had more snaps than him

He’s still coming back from injury so I hope they were limiting his snaps to ease him back in.

If not, then our coaching staff is brain dead considering I’m pretty sure the walk-on had more snaps than him
I see, I didn't know he was coming back from injury.

Regardless of what Rice and Stanley did for their teams this week, does anybody not think they both would make this CU team better? Our best WR yesterday was Arias. A guy who has been the definition of “meh” during his tenure at CU.

Of course, we need a decent QB to get them the ball, so perhaps it’s a moot point.
If all the guys who deserted would’ve stayed, we’d be much better. We’d maybe even have been a 3 or 4 win team.

We have very good receivers, lots of them.
Arias looks like he figured it out, throw him the damn ball. Sneed will get more reps and targets hopefully, and with MLC and even Tyson we have plenty of talent. But there is one ball and it is not being sent their way enough

I just got back into town and watched the game in its entirety. I cannot understand why JT Shrout is not the starting QB. It makes absolutely no sense.

I thought the defense looked good early but then got tired.

I’m not as down on the coaches (other than Dorrell) as much of allbuffs. I thought the play calling on both offense and defense wasn’t too bad. Guys were in position to make plays. We have too many JV players to win but we didn’t look poorly coached.

Lewis needs to sit down. He is simply not good enough, and it really isn’t close.

Back